Seguin Dealt. Details to follow soon.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Seguin Dealt. Details to follow soon.

An awful lot of people are banking on PC "completing" this deal by using the extra space on an impact forward.  However, DA is not leaving Ottawa, period, and that means EVERYONE is in on Clarkson.

The fact is, the chances of the B's landing someone to make this deal seem like the team is better next season is very unlikely.

I have a strong feeling that the B's fans will be very. very disappointed in the weak extra PC adds tomorrow. And, if our new division-mate Detroit gets Clarkson (and Ference or Scuderi) the playoffs may be in question.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

I can confirm that Seguin is on his way to Dallas. Exact details to follow very soon.

Apparently, the Bruin room had alot to do with this deal.

"Bruin room?"

Is that locker room or cap room?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

OC, if you're concerned with the years lost between Tyler and Loui then you should be pleased at the years gained from the other parts of the deal.

Eriksson is a legitimate star, but he has less upside than Seguin over the next few years.  It's doubtful that the other prospects will ever come close to what you can get from Seguin alone.[/QUOTE]

I'm not putting the prospects up against Seguin and there is more of an unkown with a draft pick. The Bruins with Seguin and Peverley were not going to be a team like Chicago in next years SCF.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to huntbri's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to OatesCam's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm not happy with this trade.  Ericksson is good but Seguin is a special talent and Peverley is valuable and versatile.  Very dissapointed.  Seguin is my favorite Bruin.

On the plus side, the Bruins gained cap space so I guess we can assume a signing tomorrow.

He was my favourite Bruin too and I don't like the deal unless they can make a major signing like Clarkson. If that happens my perspective changes 180 degrees.

[/QUOTE]

Eriksson puts up 70+ points while playing Selke worthy D in his own end. Morrow was the top D prospect in Dallas. Smith and Fraser are both young with NHL experience. This isn't a bad deal at all.

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree, Dez. I'm not crazy about seeing Seguin leave but I'm a Bruins fan first and I have seen Eriksson play. Like him.

Also, this deal might allow PC to add a piece in free agency. Maybe only a short term deal (Alfredsson). This way, when contract is up, he'll have plenty of $$ to resign the core.

In the end, I think it's a good deal for both teams. Now if one or two of those youngsters the B's got back can pan out, then we can talk about winning this deal.

I don't hate the deal.

[/QUOTE]

A good trade leaves both sides wishing they got more. This is a good hockey trade.

[/QUOTE]

I like Erickson and he is proven but he is 6/7 years older than Tyler. What concerns me is giving up a 21 year old potential superstar who was never given the chance to play his natural position. The Bruins also kept him on a tight leash as far as style of play as well. It will be interesting to see how he plays given a little more freedom.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

An awful lot of people are banking on PC "completing" this deal by using the extra space on an impact forward.  However, DA is not leaving Ottawa, period, and that means EVERYONE is in on Clarkson.

The fact is, the chances of the B's landing someone to make this deal seem like the team is better next season is very unlikely.

I have a strong feeling that the B's fans will be very. very disappointed in the weak extra PC adds tomorrow. And, if our new division-mate Detroit gets Clarkson (and Ference or Scuderi) the playoffs may be in question.

I think this is the first time I have ever completely agreed with you.....lol!!!

I too do not think anything significant is going to happen and not because I am a pessimist but because PC still does not have the cap room to sign a major player without making another move, which I do not think he will do.

Either way.....tomorrow is going to be very active on these boards!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I like Erickson and he is proven but he is 6/7 years older than Tyler. What concerns me is giving up a 21 year old potential superstar who was never given the chance to play his natural position. The Bruins also kept him on a tight leash as far as style of play as well. It will be interesting to see how he plays given a little more freedom.

I have no doubt Seguin will put up the points...maybe even 100 one day.

However, if he continues to evolve his defensive game as taught in the B's system then he will be scary good and this trade will become infamous....time will tell whether he becomes a Kessell or Datsyuk type....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Jim Nill was on Sportsline this afternoon in Toronto, speaking from the Star's practice facility. He said that the ground work for this deal started 8 weeks ago, before the start of the playoffs

Now, with Louis, does Alfredsson follow? I think so. And that will be great news for Soderberg. It will accelerate his development.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment

A good trade leaves both sides wishing they got more. This is a good hockey trade.

The trade wasn't a simple swap of Tyler for Loui though Hunt. Morrow is a very good prospect and the other 2 guys already have NHL experience and they're 23 or younger.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

I'm not afraid of the Wings at all. I'm also not surprised that you are. Everything always spells the end for the Bruins right? Oh no, it's the Red Wings.........I remember when they were good. Now they barely sneak into the playoffs. What else should we all be afraid of?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm not afraid of the Wings at all. I'm also not surprised that you are. Everything always spells the end for the Bruins right? Oh no, it's the Red Wings.........I remember when they were good. Now they barely sneak into the playoffs. What else should we all be afraid of? [/QUOTE]

Pessimism and bear that lives in woods outside Brzygalov's window!

PS. So Soxfan went from apology thread back to "Detroit troll"...that's awesome!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]An awful lot of people are banking on PC "completing" this deal by using the extra space on an impact forward.  However, DA is not leaving Ottawa, period, and that means EVERYONE is in on Clarkson.

I'm not afraid of the Wings at all. I'm also not surprised that you are. Everything always spells the end for the Bruins right? Oh no, it's the Red Wings.........I remember when they were good. Now they barely sneak into the playoffs. What else should we all be afraid of? [/QUOTE]

Pessimism and bear that lives in woods outside Brzygalov's window!

PS. So Soxfan went from apology thread back to "Detroit troll"...that's awesome!

[/QUOTE]

San, I wonder what life is like when you only see the negatives in situations. Old Sox is the type that would complain about winning the lotto because of the extra banking that would be required.