Seguin disaster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Seguin disaster

He is being considered for leaque MVP and the bruins have soft loui as there top return in that trade. This could go down as one of the worse bruin trades ever. I hope i'm wrong and the prospects show there worth something but for now this is really ugly!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Seguin disaster

We got Smith, Lou and a couple other guys in that deal.  Both can play as we've seen this year already.  So I don't think either team lost in the deal.  Both teams achieved what they wanted to in the deal.  Dallas got a franchise centermen they can build around and Boston got players that can help them win now.

That being said I miss Segs alot.  He was my second favorite player on the team.  It's really too bad he didn't fit in.  But he fits in in Dallas and thats what matters.  Now he can blossom into the player he's supposed to be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

Hey Pauly- good to see you back.

Oh my word. Are you crying yourself to sleep holding your Segs pillow. Not that there is any room for common sense in this conversation, but . . . who would he replace at centre? Perhaps the #1 point getter in the playoffs : David K? No, no of course not-it would be Bergeron, right? Or perhaps he could centre the third line and be an awesome defensive centre. 2 or 3 years from now if the B's were not winning and the "window" was closing then sure-let someone go and keep the party animal. Not now-time and place Pauly. Oh ya- what did they sign Tuukka for? $5.00 and a bag of chips? Ever heard of a salary cap? I have to cover my eyes when I start reading stuff like this. It's not even a hockey opinion that you are expressing but a weakly veiled attempt at a hockey discussion-stated simply  to tick people off. Just like marco.(but with better spelling)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is being considered for leaque MVP and the bruins have soft loui as there top return in that trade. This could go down as one of the worse bruin trades ever. I hope i'm wrong and the prospects show there worth something but for now this is really ugly!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Both teams are happy with the trade. We are the top team in the league and Dallas has made the playoffs. How is that ugly? I liked Seguin and if he was more commited on and off the ice there's a good chance he'd still be here. And if you're calling Loui soft, you weren't watching Tyler his three years in a B's uniform.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Seguin, did not fit the 2 way hockey that the Julien requires from his players. Seguin has tremendous offensive skills but just was not commited to playing D and grinding in the corners. The trade was a win for both teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I really couldnt stand having seguin on the B's. His game was becoming stagnent with the B's. Same old dipsy doodle attempt to make a move one on one, just to lose the puck off his stick. And he could hit his way out of a wet paper bag. I was happy to see the B's trade him. He just wasnt a B's type player. Im not dissing his skill set and glad to see he is doing better with another team, but Im happy with the players we got in return. The B's are in first and some of you just look at points seguin has. He will always put up points, but that doesnt mean he is a complete player. Look at Ovechkin. One of the Worst +- in the league. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Who is considering him for MVP?

marco and Rusty

The Bruins made the deal and could finish with their best record in the modern era.  Going into the playoffs, they aren't going to have some jerk kid who needs a babysitter getting paid $6.75M to score one goal in 22 games.

pauly1, look past the stats of Seguin.  Look at the big picture.  The goal is to win.

And honestly, there isn't a chance in hell Seguin wins the Hart.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Bruins are first in the league and promise a big long cup run without Seguin. Sure the Stars are in the play offs but I imagine their management will have their work cut out for themselves keeping Seguin out of the Anaheim night clubs in the coming weeks. Hope they manage to pack him some extra clothes too. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

From the title I thought he came upon a serious injury.

The trade improved the Bruins, what more do you want? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

We all should have learned by now that stats are for pink hats and chicks.  Not how this team is built. 

Bergeron has 61 points, would you ever trade him straight up for Seguin?  Or Krejci's 67 points and proven playoff prowess? No way.

Best record in Eastern Conference and possibly the NHL.  With Eriksson and Smith, the Bruins got productive players that are a better fit for their system.  The B's score more as a team than Dallas anyway, and that depth will serve them very well in the playoffs. 

Things are so good in Bruins-land, hard to understand why people go out of their way to find the negative.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

He can have the Lady Byng in a recliner beside him as he watches the Bruins hoist the Cup. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Again?  The dead horse has been pounded flat as a pancake.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Hardly a disater for either team.  I would think both teams are happy.  The B's got solid complete players and Dallas got a young marquee player they can market.  Sounds like a win for both teams.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I haven't found anything anywhere that suggests Seguin for the Hart trophy.

Even some bleacher report articles I've seen list him -at best- at dark horse candidate.

This is why I have pauly1 on ignore.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Even some bleacher report articles I've seen list him -at best- at dark horse candidate.

[/QUOTE]

One of the girls probably mentioned it at bridge last night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Cut pauly1 some slack. It's his first post about hockey in over 2 years.

When a team trades a player and then finishes at the top of the league I can see how one calls it a real disaster, or real ugly.

Great thread.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If Eriksson and Smith combine for more points in the post season than Seguin (22-1-7-8) and Peverley (22-2-0-2), no Seguinites can ever bring this up again.

Seriously, 1-7-8 in 22 playoff games?  What a jerk.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Could a topic be more tired than this one?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Could a topic be more tired than this one?

[/QUOTE]

Shawn Thornton sucks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Remove Benn from that team and seguin is no better than he was with the Bs. He found a place that set him up with as good as or better than that the 2 click well. I like the long term of the deal the Bs got.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ditto..He's an idiot who talks like Ace Ventura.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:

They won the President's trophy without the spoiled brat.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Seguin will be figured out and shut down by opposing teams next year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

When will some posters understand that there is a salary cap, and sometimes, tough choices have to be made?

I have said before that I hated Seguin being traded, but I understand it.

Instead of a RW consisting of Iginla, Eriksson, and Reilly Smith, the Bruins would be going into the playoffs with Seguin, a callup from the P-Bruins to replace Peverley who would have been the #2 RW all season, and Caron, or whomever they had signed for less than 1M, to be their #3 RW, this season.

If people are going to keep complaining about certain trades, at least be willing to do some background work, to make sure there is some validity to the point you are trying to make.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Honestly, "winning a trade" is the dumbest thing sports journalists have ever come up with.  Every time teams make a deal it's "oh, who won that trade?"  It's just a story to tell over the course of long seasons and then long off-seasons.  The real question is does the trade make you better.  Many times of late we've seen trades where the team who seemed like the "winner" wasn't better for it.  Rangers with Nash, for example. 

Scotty Bowman's line about the team who gets the best player wins the trade has become gospel, but the outstanding question is: who's the best player?  How are we going to define it?  In the case of this deal, for talent and offensive contribution, it's Seguin hands down.  The kid can fly, and his hands can keep up with his feet. If it's contribution to winning, fit with the team, etc. etc., then it's a lot closer.  Eriksson has had a terrible year scoring.  There's no way to spin single digit goals in three quarters of a season as anything less than a disappointment.  But you listen to the Bruins talk about him - listen to the coaches talk about how smart he is, how he's always where he's supposed to be, how he breaks up so many chances against, bails out the D, makes everyone's job easier....  Smith's no Seguin, but he's a 20 goal player in his second year with a lot of attributes tht make you think he's going to be a good player for a lot of years.  That's two good players who are significantly better options than what else was out there.  The trade made the Bruins better - not easy to do.  And the trade did make Dallas better.  Seguin produced like a #2 overall $6.5M player.  Good for him.  His reward is to get a face full of Ryan Getzlaf for the next week and a half.

Happy to have Eriksson and Smith and hope for more from Morrow and Fraser down the road.  Seguin is no longer of interest.