Seguin disaster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Seguin disaster

In response to pauly1's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Loui kills penalties,plays the PP and takes a regular shift,pretty good in my books.I wouldn't exactly call Jean Ratelle tenacious either,but he was one fine hockey player.

Comparing eriksson to Ratelle tells me how well u understand the game, Ranger fans must be shaking there heads and laughing at the same time.

Saying how the trade could go down as one of the worst in history and how things will get ugly real fast tell me how well you understand the game. Joe Thornton was traded, won an MVP that year while the B's missed the playoffs and has been one of the top point producers in the league since. He's now in the top 50 of all-time.

How have things worked out since? How is the history there?

Your a joke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Ratelle was an impact player and the only thing eriksson impacts is the salary cap.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Loui kills penalties,plays the PP and takes a regular shift,pretty good in my books.I wouldn't exactly call Jean Ratelle tenacious either,but he was one fine hockey player.

Comparing eriksson to Ratelle tells me how well u understand the game, Ranger fans must be shaking there heads and laughing at the same time.

I don't think Ranger fans can do 2 things at the same time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Saying how the trade could go down as one of the worst in history and how things will get ugly real fast tell me how well you understand the game. Joe Thornton was traded, won an MVP that year while the B's missed the playoffs and has been one of the top point producers in the league since. He's now in the top 50 of all-time.

Your a joke.

Wow u are really slow. How can u compare the Thornton situation to this, u  just compared eriksson to an MVP, that tells me u belong here lol. At least u didn't compare him to a hall of famer that would just be stupid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Wow u are really slow. How can u compare the Thornton situation to this. Also u  just compared eriksson to an MVP, that tells me u belong here lol. At least u didn't compare him to a hall of famer that would just be stupid.

I think most people on this forum have realized who the stupid one is,and as far as Ratelle & Loui go i was making the comparison on their "tenacious" style of play,not their careers.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I guess u never watched Ratelle play? he was not a physical player but he was definitely tenacious. That is a very poor comparison would u like to try again? 

Wow u are really slow. How can u compare the Thornton situation to this. Also u  just compared eriksson to an MVP, that tells me u belong here lol. At least u didn't compare him to a hall of famer that would just be stupid.

I think most people on this forum have realized who the stupid one is,and as far as Ratelle & Loui go i was making the comparison on their "tenacious" style of play,not their careers.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I watched Ratelle play lots Pauly,played a different position than Loui and was very good,he played as tenacious as Loui does now.If you want to see it differently,thats your business,anything to suit your argument.Anything looks good to you "on paper", right?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Your a joke.

Wow u are really slow. How can u compare the Thornton situation to this, u  just compared eriksson to an MVP, that tells me u belong here lol. At least u didn't compare him to a hall of famer that would just be stupid.

How did I compare Eriksson to an MVP?  At what point did I compare Eriksson to Thornton?

•  

I watched Ratelle play lots Pauly,played a different position than Loui and was very good,he played as tenacious as Loui does now.If you want to see it differently,thats your business,anything to suit your argument.Anything looks good to you "on paper", right?

Haha you and kel are just to easy. 

Haha you and kel are just to easy. 

Can you tell me how I compared Eriksson to Thornton?

When i said things will get ugly fast i was talking about the bad trade not the team. Take the blinders off and u might learn something.

Your a joke.

How did I compare Eriksson to an MVP?  At what point did I compare Eriksson to Thornton?

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Lets all pretend the stars would even be in the playoffs if seguin wasn't one of the top offensive stars in the leaque this year.

[object HTMLDivElement]

good point, but Seguin isn't coming back so why not make the best of it and get on board with what we got in return?....  we might not have seen the best player the B'S got back yet in Joe Morrow....

that said, can't downplay what the kid meant to Dallas this year....

Your a joke.

I stand corrected. I meant the situations not the players. See how easy it is to admit when u say something u didn't mean? Try it sometime 

•  

So whats wrong with comparing the situations? Some uninformed people said when they traded Thornton the franchise would never recover from trading a point producing forward..Some said it about Kessel, heck, they still say it today. But you can't argue with results, and when you do, you just look stupid like you do now. Actually, you always have.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Sure Seguin got them into the playoffs.  And he showed up for one playoff game.

No one is addressing that he was an absolute ghost in the 3rd period last night.  He didn't even "fake it" going into traffic, he totally stayed to the perimeter.  And he couldn't even pass the puck.  Last night any Bruin or Red Wing was better than Seguin was last night.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

How's Seguin doing against the Ducks?  He must be putting up a real fight even if his team is outmatched, eh?

What's that?  1 point and 8 shots in two games?  Well, it's not like young players get dropped into key roles and excel in the NHL playoffs, right?

Nathan who?  Spell it for me.  M-a-c-k-I-n-n-o-n?  Huh.  Look at that.  Well, excpetion that proves the...

Landeskog Tarasenko?  Never heard of that name.  Oh, that's two guys?  That's...interesting.

Are you not entertained?!?!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20132014,3,172&lang=en

I still say Seguin's passing has really improved. Corey Perry only had to take two strides before letting it rip after Tyler handed Perry the puck.

Burn!

Look, I don't have the grudge against Seguin I have against JT Superstar, but they're very similar.  They're guys who have great talent but they just don't see how they need to do more than what they're so good at if they want to win.  Thornton seems to have turned the corner on this a bit over the last couple of years - now that age is catching up with him and 15 years of trying to do it his way has produced a Peyton Manning-like perception of who he is.  But as I wrote above - ignored by Pauly and Mitchco, of course - the simple fact is that the Bruins got a lot of what they needed by trading what Dallas needed.  They got three RW for an organization that had one - the clown.  And they got a D prospect for a pipeline that has fed a lot of high-quality players into the mix.  What they didn't need was a one for one young scorer for young scorer deal.  That's how you move sideways.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

For me, it's very, very simple.

When it mattered most, he was pitiful.

One goal in 22 games.

Get the F out out here.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"They got three RW for an organization that had one - the clown. And they got a D prospect for a pipeline that   has fed a lot of high-quality players into the mix."

Raked it in!

2nd goal of game 2.

Eriksson takes a pounding at the top of the crease and works it past Howard.

Seguin would not have been there without an AR-15 pointed at him.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

He is being considered for leaque MVP and the bruins have soft loui as there top return in that trade. This could go down as one of the worse bruin trades ever. I hope i'm wrong and the prospects show there worth something but for now this is really ugly!!!!

I would like to tell you and the other Seguin lovers to go eat shiite and die, but BDC won't allow me to say that.

Anyone who knows anything at all about hockey who watched Seguin in his playoffs this year will recognize that he has clearly DIGRESSED from when he was in the playoffs and isn't producing or giving the effort to his team.

If you saw tonight's game and you understand hockey you saw Loui taking hits and making plays and giving maximum effort to his team.

Go. Die.

And actually I demand you Seguin and Kessel people come out and effen admit it, be men and not little girls and admit you were dead wrong.  If not, go die.

thank  you.

This playoffs, Jordan Caron is tied with Seguin in goals.

And is ahead of Kessel.

Considering point total is all that mattters, clearly Caron is as good as Seguin and better than Kessel.

I think it's fair to say that both Florek and Caron have been as good as Seguin was last year.

• Sections
    Shortcuts