Seguin disaster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Seguin disaster

Michco weren't you the one calling Chara the Lurch ? LOL

Pauly1 WT_F !  CAN YOU NOT CLEAN UP YOUR REPLIES ???? I had to scroll down 100 lines of emptiness.  It's so un-readable .  Backspace and clean it up before posting or edit the friggiin post !

Now Eriksson, sure I would like to see him contribute more on offense but so as long as he's not a liability in defensive zone and his line doesn't scored on a regular basis I'm happy. Last night Krejci's line was getting in trouble in their own end way too often, Babcock caught on and was matching Datsyuk's line . 

Eriksson is also important on the PK and was very effective last night.   There's a lot he does that will not show on the scoreboard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For me, it's very, very simple.

When it mattered most, he was pitiful.

One goal in 22 games.

Get the F out out here.

[/QUOTE]

It may be a simple way to look at it but it's true and also what if seguin played with effort that everyone expects or how about the effort that would justify the contract he signed not even a year earlier. 

U have to ask the question. "If seguin played even close to his ability or just top effort for him during the regular season and the playoffs what would the result have been" I know we will never know. But his lack of effort had him skating with Kelly and peverley instead of Bergeron and Marchand. Right there alone has him playing with 2 offensively challenged line mates and also puts Bergeron and Marchand with Jagr who was as snake bitten as it got.

so what if seguin played like he could have ? 

[object HTMLDivElement]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It may be a simple way to look at it but it's true and also what if seguin played with effort that everyone expects or how about the effort that would justify the contract he signed not even a year earlier. 

U have to ask the question. "If seguin played even close to his ability or just top effort for him during the regular season and the playoffs what would the result have been" I know we will never know. But his lack of effort had him skating with Kelly and peverley instead of Bergeron and Marchand. Right there alone has him playing with 2 offensively challenged line mates and also puts Bergeron and Marchand with Jagr who was as snake bitten as it got.

so what if seguin played like he could have ? 

[/QUOTE]

That's a trick question because at this point in time he can't play playoff hockey.  It's not even a matter of being physical or not, he's guilty of playing on the perimeter and not hustling.  At least with the Bruins he was forechecking, getting sticks on passes and doing a lot of positive stuff.  When I watch him play for Dallas I wonder why his team mates don't beat the crap out of him.

What was said of Seguin when he was a Bruin was "at least he could try to take a hit to make a play", from what I've seen of him in the Dallas series he hasn't even gotten close enough to take a hit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-stars/headlines/20140422-tyler-seguin-s-used-cup-put-for-sale-on-ebay.ece

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have an impersonal trainer. We meet at the gym, we don't talk, he works out alone and I go home. (George Carlin)

It's "Stehno", not "Z-Dayno"!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it's fair to say that both Florek and Caron have been as good as Seguin was last year.

Are you not entertained?!?!

[/QUOTE]

I like what I've seen from Florek.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Another playoff game, another playoff loss, another string of goose eggs for the King of Dallas.

Five games.  

One goal.

One assist.

What a f'ing bum.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

That one goal was a deflection too. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I agree with the trade. And the criticism of his lack of goal production is warranted but don't forget he shovelled the puck over to Bergeron for the OTwinner against the Leafs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with the trade. And the criticism of his lack of goal production is warranted but don't forget he shovelled the puck over to Bergeron for the OTwinner against the Leafs.

[/QUOTE]

And that's all he's good for in tight checking playoff games - making a pass or taking a shot when well out of harm's way.  I just commented on the Washington thread, Chowda pointed out Ducks goal 5.  Seguin is coasting in his defensive end, has a centering pass go through his stick to the Ducks for a goal.  And skating like a zombie the whole time.

The Bruins got much more out of this kid in the playoffs than Dallas is getting now.  It makes me reflect on Shawn Thornton threatening him, I think that was what motivated him when he was with the Bruins.

I was shocked when the trade happened. I wondered if the Bruins got enough compensation for him.  With 20/20 hindsight I can see that his market value is very good regular season scorer that can't cope with tight checking games so count on a disappearing act in the playoffs or big regular season games.  I can see why a lot of teams would pass on Seguin.  It's a shame really.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to Davinator's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And that's all he's good for in tight checking playoff games - making a pass or taking a shot when well out of harm's way.  I just commented on the Washington thread, Chowda pointed out Ducks goal 5.  Seguin is coasting in his defensive end, has a centering pass go through his stick to the Ducks for a goal.  And skating like a zombie the whole time.

The Bruins got much more out of this kid in the playoffs than Dallas is getting now.  It makes me reflect on Shawn Thornton threatening him, I think that was what motivated him when he was with the Bruins.

I was shocked when the trade happened. I wondered if the Bruins got enough compensation for him.  With 20/20 hindsight I can see that his market value is very good regular season scorer that can't cope with tight checking games so count on a disappearing act in the playoffs or big regular season games.  I can see why a lot of teams would pass on Seguin.  It's a shame really.

[/QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly. We had constantly heard how he took slights and criticisms personally and always came out more determined for it. Apparently that has gone off the rails. He plays like he thinks he's already a superstar who doesn't have to prove himself to anybody. Watching the Anaheim series I am truly shocked at how little effort he seems to expend and his distaste for going into the dirty areas will soon be legendary. I liked the kid as much as anyone but you cannot make any claim that the B's are less of a team without him or got fleeced in any way shape or form. He can't hold Jamie Benn's jockstrap.

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly. We had constantly heard how he took slights and criticisms personally and always came out more determined for it. Apparently that has gone off the rails. He plays like he thinks he's already a superstar who doesn't have to prove himself to anybody. Watching the Anaheim series I am truly shocked at how little effort he seems to expend and his distaste for going into the dirty areas will soon be legendary. I liked the kid as much as anyone but you cannot make any claim that the B's are less of a team without him or got fleeced in any way shape or form. He can't hold Jamie Benn's jockstrap.

[/QUOTE]

Jamie Benn, now we're really talking about hockey players.  He's been a beast.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I think seguin will figure it, it just may take a while. Bruins couldn't afford to wait and this trade will probably have two winners

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

Another playoff game, another playoff loss, another string of goose eggs for the King of Dallas.

Five games.  

One goal.

One assist.

What a f'ing bum.

[/QUOTE]

did you watch th game last night ?  it was his best game of the series.  Hit a cross bar, had numerous scoring chances , was involved in the dirty ares. Still no goal.  Reminded me a little of when he was trying in the playoffs last year. Call it bad luck, call it snake bitten but he gave the effort. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is a fact. Even when he doesn't have the puck I follow every second of his shift. He does everything so well. THAT is the true hockey player, not this Mimbo that Marco and Pauly love so much.

BTW...haven't seen them show up to defend their (his) golden boy the last few days. Coincidence???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is a fact. Even when he doesn't have the puck I follow every second of his shift. He does everything so well. THAT is the true hockey player, not this Mimbo that Marco and Pauly love so much.

BTW...haven't seen them show up to defend their (his) golden boy the last few days. Coincidence???

[/QUOTE]

Bruins traded the pick that turned into benn, another win win

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[/QUOTE]

With PC's team drafting record he might not even have taken Benn if he kept his pick.  Only then I might have been pissed off. win win

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Five games.  

One goal.

One assist.

What a f'ing bum.

[/QUOTE]

did you watch th game last night ?  it was his best game of the series.  Hit a cross bar, had numerous scoring chances , was involved in the dirty ares. Still no goal.  Reminded me a little of when he was trying in the playoffs last year. Call it bad luck, call it snake bitten but he gave the effort. 

[/QUOTE]

I watched it, lots of ill-advised shots, especially on the power play. He tried to force so many shots that just weren't there. They actually had him on the point on the power play a couple of times, I don't think that's where he belongs. I'd want him down low. I think he's pressing for a goal right now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With PC's team drafting record he might not even have taken Benn if he kept his pick.  Only then I might have been pissed off. win win

[/QUOTE]

Benn drafted 129th overall,even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometime.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I watched it, lots of ill-advised shots, especially on the power play. He tried to force so many shots that just weren't there. They actually had him on the point on the power play a couple of times, I don't think that's where he belongs. I'd want him down low. I think he's pressing for a goal right now.

[/QUOTE]

He has a wicked shot .  They have him where it best suits his skill. Although I don't think him being at the point is a good idea also but on the sidewall he's great.  He hit the cross bar from the slot .

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Benn drafted 129th overall,even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometime.....

[/QUOTE]

yes that's about where the Bruins draft small college payers or ex-players sons ;))

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A first line winger for a third pairing dman isn't a win win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:

He is being considered for leaque MVP and the bruins have soft loui as there top return in that trade. This could go down as one of the worse bruin trades ever. I hope i'm wrong and the prospects show there worth something but for now this is really ugly!!!!

Yeah, the BRUINS winning the President's Cup proves how much they mis Seguin. Yeah, that was really ugly. Your post may go down as one of the worst posts ever.

Btw, nobody was as 'soft' as Seguin when he played for the Bruins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't watch the entire game, just caught the 2nd period.  I saw none of that effort while I was watching.  I would call Marchand snakebit over Seguin.  Look at his play on Ducks goal 5 and tell me what you think of that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

He has a wicked shot .  They have him where it best suits his skill. Although I don't think him being at the point is a good idea also but on the sidewall he's great.  He hit the cross bar from the slot .

[/QUOTE]

On the walls, he has to fight for pucks.  The only place worse for him is on defense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

A first line winger for a third pairing dman isn't a win win.

[/QUOTE]

That's correct. A fifth round draft selection for an above average third pairing d man is a win however. 

I don't recall the bruins trading Jamie benn for mcquaid

Sections
Shortcuts