Seguin disaster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Seguin disaster

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's correct. A fifth round draft selection for an above average third pairing d man is a win however. 

I don't recall the bruins trading Jamie benn for mcquaid

[/QUOTE]

You know what they call an above average third pairing defenseman?  A second pairing defenseman!

You are correct that they traded the pick for McQuaid.  At the time, McQuaid wasn't anything more than a name on paper.  It's not like they traded for the guy with years of NHL experience.  The piece the B's got turned into a third pairing defenseman.  The piece they gave away turned into a first line winger.  I don't call that "win-win".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

That's correct. A fifth round draft selection for an above average third pairing d man is a win however. 

[/QUOTE]

A 5th round pick turning into Jamie Benn and a minor league defenceman ( McQuaid ) that turns into a NHL starter.

A nothing trade at the time that turns into something for both teams.

I think you have the description right............win-win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Who came up with the McQuaid pick turning into Jamie Benn?

Benn was drafted by the Stars, not the Jackets. If the Jackets traded the pick to the Stars - that should not count.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who came up with the McQuaid pick turning into Jamie Benn?

Benn was drafted by the Stars, not the Jackets. If the Jackets traded the pick to the Stars - that should not count.

[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't count.......lol.

The premise of the discussion is what the returns on the 5th round pick given up for McQuaid turned out to be ...........not where it eventually went to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Wow I had that trade totally wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Now Eriksson, sure I would like to see him contribute more on offense but so as long as he's not a liability in defensive zone and his line doesn't scored on a regular basis I'm happy. 

[/QUOTE]

Oh BsLegion.........

As long as he's not a liability ?

What kind of statement is that ?

He's one of the best in the NHL in this area of the ice. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

did you watch th game last night ?  it was his best game of the series.  Hit a cross bar, had numerous scoring chances , was involved in the dirty ares. Still no goal.  Reminded me a little of when he was trying in the playoffs last year. Call it bad luck, call it snake bitten but he gave the effort. 

/QUOTE]

I agree it was his best game of the series as far as being involved more............but saying that, the impact he had on the game's outcome was minimal..........unless you want to include his poor play on the Duck's 5th goal.

If he ain't scoring............he's just another pedestrian player when it comes to the body of his overall work. Scoring chances that are not capitilized on don't show up on the big board up above.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

One goal in 22 playoff games!

Pads his stats against weak teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree it was his best game of the series as far as being involved more............but saying that, the impact he had on the game's outcome was minimal..........unless you want to include his poor play on the Duck's 5th goal.

If he ain't scoring............he's just another pedestrian player when it comes to the body of his overall work. Scoring chances that are not capitilized on don't show up on the big board up above.

[/QUOTE]

It was Wensink who pointed out one of Seguin's "bluffs" to me, he would go into the corners with arms and legs flailing to make himself look more physical than he really was.  Now I notice that he does the raised stick for the one timer all the time and when he doesn't get the puck his body language says "I was totally open and my team mate blew it" or he will throw a pass when under pressure and make it seem like it was a really good effort when in fact he had other better options open.

I don't like it, it's really disheartening to see a kid with that kind of talent dedicating energy to looking good rather than being good.

I can see how he can fool people into believing that he's putting out a lot more effort than he really is.  I was fooled by him for a long time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You know what they call an above average third pairing defenseman?  A second pairing defenseman!

You are correct that they traded the pick for McQuaid.  At the time, McQuaid wasn't anything more than a name on paper.  It's not like they traded for the guy with years of NHL experience.  The piece the B's got turned into a third pairing defenseman.  The piece they gave away turned into a first line winger.  I don't call that "win-win".

[/QUOTE]

why not? they took a fifth round pick and turned it into something better than a fifth round pick. If they traded a 7th round pick for a quality 2nd line forward, and that 7th rounder turned into a quality first line forward, i would certainly call that a win-win as well. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh BsLegion.........

As long as he's not a liability ?

What kind of statement is that ?

He's one of the best in the NHL in this area of the ice.

[/QUOTE]

Let's say as long as his whole line ......

He's been very good on the PK.And now he also is tied with Seguin in goal ; )

Now if TSN can put the game back on ...... I'm stuck watching 3rd OT period of the Telus cup.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

It seems all Sequins wants to do is fire one-timers from the half wall that miss the net and ice the puck during a Star PP,he should try using his imagination,if he has one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

yup disaster .

Marco was preaching how Seguin had Dallas make the the playoffs.  How's about how he's not helped the Stars in the playoffs.  Incredible, just 1 goal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

1 goal and 2 apples in 6 games. WHAT A SUPERSTAR!! Maybe Molly Shannon will ask him to do the re-make for her.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I saw the second and 3rd period.  Seguin was not involved in any substantial way.  

Does this sound familiar?

"Gee, if he only had scored ONE goal at the right time..."

I'm not sure about the Capitals playoff series and last year, but in his cup year all his goals came in his first playoff game vs. the Lightning and this year his only goal was the first game.  I'd be curious to see that stat.

Good thing the Bruins pulled the trigger on him when they did, I'm not so sure that Dallas would give up as much as they did now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1 goal and 2 apples in 6 games. WHAT A SUPERSTAR!! Maybe Molly Shannon will ask him to do the re-make for her.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

[/QUOTE]

The stats don't tell the full story.... He was worse than that

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

10...9...8...7...3...2...1...it's party time Tyler Seguin!

Hey maybe Blake Wheeler and Phil Kessel can leave the golf courses and hang with Tyler now ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is being considered for leaque MVP and the bruins have soft loui as there top return in that trade. This could go down as one of the worse bruin trades ever. I hope i'm wrong and the prospects show there worth something but for now this is really ugly!!!!

[/QUOTE]

You were even wrong about being wrong.  The prospects don't have to show any worth at all.  This wasn't a win win trade.  Bruins clear winners.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Should have known others would be on Seggy Stardust already.  Boy, did he sing a song of boredom and disgrace -- guess he's Lady not Ziggy.

1 goal and it was a PPG in game 1.  He played about 120 minutes in 6 games.  Eriksson played about 85 minutes in 5 games and had 1 fewer point as a 3rd line RW.  Smith played about 77 minutes and had one fewer assist playing in Seggy's old spot.  Most importantly?  Jordan Caron played about 43 minutes.  He has the same number of goals as Seguin.  At that rate, he has until about mid-way into the conference finals until he's played the same number of minutes.  The watch is on to see if he ends up with more goals.  Jordan...Caron....

Could do the same thing with Florek.

Can't crow too much, though - David Krejci didn't have his best series either.  Everything he shot seemed to hit the leg of a Wing which is one reason he ended the series with 10 shots, 5 of them in one game.

Are you not entertained?!?!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can't crow too much, though - David Krejci didn't have his best series either.  Everything he shot seemed to hit the leg of a Wing which is one reason he ended the series with 10 shots, 5 of them in one game.

[/QUOTE]

Krejci has another series to turn it around.  Failing in victory is much different than failing in defeat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Plus Krejci has positive history behind him.  "Real" bad luck happens, like Crosby in the current playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey maybe Blake Wheeler and Phil Kessel can leave the golf courses and hang with Tyler now ?

[/QUOTE]

Hangover time for Tyler.

In a posch Dallas loft this morning, a big splash of last night's peppermint Schnapps was just vomited into the platinum bleached-blonde hair of some Texas floozy, who like most Dallas fans, experienced a very brief and unfulfilling performance last night from Tyler Seguin.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:[QUOTE]

Hey maybe Blake Wheeler and Phil Kessel can leave the golf courses and hang with Tyler now ? [/QUOTE]

Hangover time for Tyler.

In a posch Dallas loft this morning, a big splash of last night's peppermint Schnapps was just vomited into the platinum bleached-blonde hair of some Texas floozy, who like most Dallas fans, experienced a very brief and unfulfilling performance last night from Tyler Seguin. [/QUOTE]

News report coming out of Dallas: Tyler Seguin found at 6AM this morning. Almost drowned in a bowl of Menudo! Dallas police say the rescue 911 was called in by Candy and Cherry!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

At least now Tyler can catch up on all that laundry that didn't accumulate because he wore the same clothes for six games.

Are you not entertained?!?!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Krejci has another series to turn it around.  Failing in victory is much different than failing in defeat.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah - my point isn't that Krejci's underperforming.  It's that pointing at the numbers will inevitably draw some turkey into saying "he had more points than Krejci, so I guess Krejci's a bum now...".

Krejci's wingers have 5 goals and 8 points between them.  The Bruins scored 14 goals in 5 games, so that's better than a third of the team's goals.  The fact he didn't touch the puck on as many of them (or that it just happened that Soderberg was on the ice for a couple) doesn't mean much.  First line did what the first line is supposed to do. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sections
Shortcuts