Seguin Doesn't want the puck

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Re: Seguin Doesn't want the puck

Okay you are right.  He is scared and sucks and no matter where he plays his attitude and demeanor isn't going to change.  So all those scouts who thought he should be chosen 1st or 2nd overall and who did all sorts of physical and psychological tests on him were wrong.  You obviously know more than them and 50 games is definitely long enough to make an assessment on his whole career.  Are you actually a Bruin fan?  Are you feeling great about calling him a bust?  There are few Bruins who skate better than him, few who pass better, few who shoot better.  He just needs to get a bit bigger and stronger and get a little more in synch and he will be a very good player.  He is never going to play bang along the boards hockey but he will learn to take some hits and to win more battles.  By the way you can find lots of average talent to play the no brainer dump and chase, up and down along the boards game.  That is Bruins hockey and we haven't won a Cup in almost 40 years.  Every time we get some talent this organization trades them away (see Joe Thornton) and muscle heads like you support that brainlesss way of thinking. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Just think your jumping the gun on the kid. He's barely 19 yrs old & you're ready to call him a Patrick Stefan, or a Pat Falloon?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

People in here cant take constructive criticism about B's players unless it is Ryder being bashed.  I don't want to get rid of Seguin, but readsox's analysis of Seguins game looks pretty accurate to me.  Seguin only tries to win puck battles from a safe distance with a weak poke check with the stick, if at all.  And if anyone is around him while he has the puck in the offensive zone he gets scared and gets rid of it as fast as possible, which more times than not results in a turnover.  We don't need him to be a plumber for this team, but if he wants to get better, he really needs to stop playing so timid and learn how to win some 1 on 1 battles.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin Doesn't want the puck:
    [QUOTE]your an idiot
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Very intelligent reply as usual Mr.P .. Why do you feel the need to berate fellow posters on here who voice their opinion..This is a forum right?  Everyone is entitled to an opinion.. If you don't agree state your reason or move on to another post... You know how many times I have wanted to tell you to ...with some of your posts?  Please respect peoples opinions...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

So your saying seguin is hopping over the boards and just preying the puck never touches his stick?

i think we don't agree

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Doesn't want the puck : Screw you! It is my opinion, and I didn't say he sucks,  I said he plays scared, get your facts straight! Why is it all of you idiots resort to personal attacks and name calling? Is Seguin visiting your bed late at night or something? seriously, it's a simple fact that he is very timid, it is also a simple fact that not every 1st round draft pick is guaranteed a seat in the hall! So because he was the second overall he is GUARANTEED to be GREAT?? if he has not played to his outstanding potential those of us who watch and pay for his salary cannot mention the fact that he looks timid, plays small, and scared and needs time somewhere else? get a life pal... you are as timid as he is believe me!
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]
    I do not believe you. I tend not to believe people with an inferiority complex.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

He is not a Bust but I am seeing less and less "flashes" from him...

Is Juliens system holding him down or will he just be a decent 2nd line player?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I am merely calling them as I see them, he play scared as of right now.. that's all.. I think we all agree. 

NO! I don't agree. I think you're talking in absolutes, like there's no hope for the kid! There's no where else this kid is going to learn to play! This is the best place for him to learn. Sending him elsewhere whether that'd be the minors or where ever else isn't going to help him. He needs more time to adjust & he can't adjust if he's not in the NHL. If you thought he was coming in here & going to tear it up then you're the one who set yourself up for disappointment. Tyler is pretty close to what I expected.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Doesn't want the puck : Very intelligent reply as usual Mr.P .. Why do you feel the need to berate fellow posters on here who voice their opinion..This is a forum right?  Everyone is entitled to an opinion.. If you don't agree state your reason or move on to another post... You know how many times I have wanted to tell you to ...with some of your posts?  Please respect peoples opinions...
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Telling him to.... doesn't work either Cowboy! Trust me!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

I didn't watch one game Seguin played in juniors. I wonder for those who have, IF he played a different game than he does today in terms of hitting and being hit. IF he played or was comfortable playing physical hockey at juniors than i wouldn't be too worried that he is not physical yet (just needs to get stronger). But if he also was shy of contact in juniors ,i'd be worried about now

It is probably a curse that Seguin was so talented and fast at junior level hockey that he actually could sideswipe 90 percent of checks coming to him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Watched many of Seguins junior games. Flat out sick talent..He was also not on a very good team so other teams keyed in on him and tried pushing him around.While he didn't engage in alot of physical contact he didn't crawl under a rock or let it hinder his game....Not saying he's going to be either one, but kind of like Sakic/Yzerman where he played HIS game, which by the way got better as more attention was being paid to him as far as draft status..

Folks, trust me on this one, he is the real deal..I'll bet by the second half of next year he'll be the one who's on the ice with a minute left in a close game...
    As for Juliens system, tough to say, they did finish 2nd in the NHL in goals scored 2 years ago.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Doesn't want the puck : Screw you! It is my opinion, and I didn't say he sucks,  I said he plays scared, get your facts straight! Why is it all of you idiots resort to personal attacks and name calling? Is Seguin visiting your bed late at night or something? seriously, it's a simple fact that he is very timid, it is also a simple fact that not every 1st round draft pick is guaranteed a seat in the hall! So because he was the second overall he is GUARANTEED to be GREAT?? if he has not played to his outstanding potential those of us who watch and pay for his salary cannot mention the fact that he looks timid, plays small, and scared and needs time somewhere else? get a life pal... you are as timid as he is believe me!
    Feel better tough guy?

I agree with you that he is playing timid.  Where I disagree with your original post is that I think he is still going to be a very good hockey player.  I know you didn't specifically say that he wouldn't but the tone of your post seemed to suggest it.  I also don't think he is scared.  I just think he knows that he is not going to win a lot of those battles and he doesn't want to get caught defensively (as that means getting sat by Clod) so he plays cautious.  That is my opinion.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Seguin Doesn't want the puck:
    [QUOTE]Seguin has  GOT to go play more hockey somewhere else, But I don't think it will change his attitude or demeanor. He is TIMID and plays scared. That won't change. Those of you with Tivo, look at the first period 7:27 mark, Seguin doesn't want anything to do with the puck in the left offensive corner and gives it away, at 12:08 in the neutral zone he touch passes to a covered man, and earlier at 12:16 same thing.. he wants NOTHING to do with the puck when he might get hit. This goes on every game I watch, if he has open ice he will skate, if he is anywhere near the boards and hears footsteps.. you can be guaranteed he is giving up the puck. And why isn't Marchand on the first Power play unit??? 

7:27:  Seguin gets the puck along the half boards and tried to get it back to Chara at the point.  He flubbed the pass and the Sharks take control of the puck.

12:06:  Seguin is at the opposing blue line.  A hard pass comes from the defensive zone.  He is alone with all five Sharks around him.  He tips the puck deep instead of trying to dipsy-doodle and lose it there.  Campbell comes on the forecheck behind the net, the puck comes up the left wing.  Shawn Thornton gets turned inside out at the blue line and the Sharks attack.

12:16:  Seguin is standing still against the boards.  Campbell is skating forward.  The puck come to Seguin who guides it to Campbell.  Good play.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

[QUOTE]Watched many of Seguins junior games. Flat out sick talent..He was also not on a very good team so other teams keyed in on him and tried pushing him around.While he didn't engage in alot of physical contact he didn't crawl under a rock or let it hinder his game....Not saying he's going to be either one, but kind of like Sakic/Yzerman where he played HIS game, which by the way got better as more attention was being paid to him as far as draft status.. Folks, trust me on this one, he is the real deal..I'll bet by the second half of next year he'll be the one who's on the ice with a minute left in a close game... As for Juliens system, tough to say, they did finish 2nd in the NHL in goals scored 2 years ago.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

So what you are saying is he was more physical or being comfortable being physical at junior level vs now

Yzerman and Sakic even in their first year in the league never shyed away from contact. 

Guys like Daigle did from the very first game. Another guy who does this is Mike Ribeiro. You can see he gets rid of the puck very quickly before the opponent has a chance to check him

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Doesn't want the puck : So what you are saying is he was more physical or being comfortable being physical at junior level vs now Yzerman and Sakic even in their first year in the league never shyed away from contact.  Guys like Daigle did from the very first game. Another guy who does this is Mike Ribeiro. You can see he gets rid of the puck very quickly before the opponent has a chance to check him
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Tell us more about Alexander Daigle.  I didn't get to see much of his first year because none of it was televised in the Boston area.  I only got to see him when he played against Boston. 

Please fill us in!

Also, tell us what you know about Yzerman's rookie year.  Have you see a lot of Red Wings games from 1983-84?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Seguin should switch lines with Horton (both even strength and power play).

Give it 2 weeks and go from there.

I think both would benefit from the shakeup.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Seguin Doesn't want the puck : 7:27:  Seguin gets the puck along the half boards and tried to get it back to Chara at the point.  He flubbed the pass and the Sharks take control of the puck. 12:06:  Seguin is at the opposing blue line.  A hard pass comes from the defensive zone.  He is alone with all five Sharks around him.  He tips the puck deep instead of trying to dipsy-doodle and lost it there.  Campbell comes on the forecheck behind the net, the puck comes up the left wing.  Shawn Thornton gets turned inside out at the blue line and the Sharks attack. 12:16:  Seguin is standing still against the boards.  Campbell is skating forward.  The puck come to Seguin who guides it to Campbell.  Good play.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Re-watched the game and NAS is spot on.  

If you think the Seguin is afraid, I think the follow up should be "Of what?"
    I think he's afraid of riding the pine.  Everyone wants to see him carry the puck, dangle past defenders, and snipe a goal.  The truth as that he'll sit the next ten if he tries.  I do think he needs to play more physical, but its up to the coach to instill confidence and give him some freedom with the puck on his stick.  Seguin is almost always trying to make the safe play which is what the fans don't want to see....to bad his coach demands it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin should switch lines with Horton (both even strength and power play). Give it 2 weeks and go from there. I think both would benefit from the shakeup.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

I think the team was stronger when Lucic and Horton were on separate lines, although we had Savard to center Hortons line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Agree with most on here on a variety of things.  He plays a bit timid at times, but he is most affraid to make mistakes.  CJ wants only safe plays, wants guys thinking of not making mistakes, not thinking or using natural ability and creativity that can make plays.  Seguin is one of very few guys on this roster who can give us the type of offensive creativity needed, but CJ's system and thought process is hindering this kids developement. 

As for earning minutes, being spoiled, stamkos earned all of his minutes, that is the biggest load of garbage I have ever heard.  Every guy pegged as a "franchise" player gets unlimited opportunity, earned or not. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

NAS just watch these clips

Yzerman

Sakic

These guys also had 60 plus points in their rookie seasons. My grandads fav team is the redwings. Watched enough rookie games that Yzerman played. Especially when people where stating Seguin will be as good as him. Right now , not even close. Yzerman had ballz and sacrificed his body to make plays

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS just watch these clips Yzerman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u22RHn_Orx8 Sakic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQQHS_eJuB8 These guys also had 60 plus points in their rookie seasons. My grandads fav team is the redwings. Watched enough rookie games that Yzerman played. Especially when people where stating Seguin will be as good as him. Right now , not even close. Yzerman had ballz and sacrificed his body to make plays
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Those are nice video clips.  What do they have to do with the rookie seasons of Yzerman and Sakic?

If you think the Sedins and Mike Fracking Ribiero are in the same galaxy, you should start watching another sport, because you clearly don't understand hockey.

Sections
Shortcuts