Seguin Doesn't want the puck

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Re: Seguin Doesn't want the puck

Scouts have it wrong trying to compare Seguin to Yzerman/Sakic. Watch this clip. We have already seen Seguin do this

Just like Mike Madano walk away from confrontations. 

And just like Madano , tall, skates like the wind, skilled but soft

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin Doesn't want the puck:
    [QUOTE] My grandads fav team is the redwings. Watched enough rookie games that Yzerman played.
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you recall the physical play of a rookie from 26 years ago that you watched while hanging out with Grampy.

Come on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Scouts have it wrong trying to compare Seguin to Yzerman/Sakic. Watch this clip. We have already seen Seguin do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2qj3HOPEC0&feature=related Just like Mike Madano walk away from confrontations.  And just like Madano , tall, skates like the wind is skilled but soft
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

1.  It's Modano.  If you don't even know how to spell his name, how can you comment on his style of play.

2.  If Seguin turned into a Modano clone, I'd be more than thrilled.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

NAS your a joker.

Why are you trying to run away from the truth. You think Seguin is a ballzy player? You think even if he adds 10 pounds of muscle he will start to play more physical. I hope that may happen, but i don't bank on it

So why are you so oblivious? 

What has Seguin proved or shown you right now that he will become a great player? Will he just dance around other players like pilons and not have to deal with the physical side of the game?? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

you would be , wouldn't you? A guy who has had alot of finger pointing come his way throughout his career for not playing up to his potential. He has done very little in the playoffs. Has alot of nice regular season goals and breakaway goals though under his belt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Obviously some of us see the game differently. Seguin is not Lucic; seguin is a playmaker and is also smart on the ice; Seguin was jammed by the Shark defense and did NOT back away. Seguin needs constant linemates; he is not ready for center; he is probably confused by the constant shuffling by Claude and Goeff ward; He is often accellerating across the center line and guys like Thornton never pass so he can break by the defense. He is adjusting to dismal coaching that often prohibits using his natural instincts. He will survive these negative blogs, and Claude will outlive his contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Please, let's stop inventing reasons why Seguin is not playing the way you would like him to, and thinking he's bust material.

He is playing the way Julien wants him to! He is under strict orders to follow the Julien system.

Sure, Seguin doesn't look near as good as Yzerman and Sakic in their first year:
    • Seguin doesn't play for a woeful, basement team like Yzerman and Sakic did.
    • Seguin doesn't get regular shifts game-in and game-out like Yzerman and Sakic did.
    • Seguin doesn't get regular PP time like Yzerman and Sakic did.
    • Seguin gets punished for making mistakes, unlike Yzerman and Sakic.
    But here is what Seguin can do better than Yzerman and Sakic:
    • Skates better than they did
    • Is faster than they ever were
    • Has a better shoot than they had
    • Handles the puck better
    • And passes better than they did
    This talent is being harnessed, and largely wasted, by Julien and the rest of the coaching staff. So let's stop blaming the kid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think the exact opposite of Seguin I think he's starving to jump in the play case in point his latest goal "turn and fire". Tyler needs to do more of it as it leads to success he's got a great hard shot. What has stunted his point production is he's petrified of being caught out of position because his ice time goes down.

Quench that thirst young Tyler turn and fire forget Uncle Fester!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]you would be , wouldn't you? A guy who has had alot of finger pointing come his way throughout his career for not playing up to his potential. He has done very little in the playoffs. Has alot of nice regular season goals and breakaway goals though under his belt
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Did you know that Mike Modano is 24th on the all time goal scoring list, 29th on the all time assist list and 23 overall in points...all time?

He had 145 points in 178 playoff games and a Stanley Cup ring.

I've never heard anyone suggest Modano didn't do everything they thought he would.  Is there anything else you'd like to imagine, Duin...I mean Chowd...I mean Yaz?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Couldn't agree more with the uncle fester comments, he's totally stunting this kids growth.  let him play his game, don't turn him into another mucker, like NAS' favorite campbell.  CJ benches seguin when we need a goal!  Guess what Clode, if you're losing, you need to score, so play guys who can do that.  Don't just play it safe all the time, turn this kid lose, he will help you keep your job.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

What is CJ doing exactly to prevent Seguin to play his game?? 

You see Krejci and Bergeron the way they carry the puck to the offensive zone. Also absorb hits to hold onto the puck. 

Seguin can do these things also , just chooses not to. 

Also this is nhl hockey not juniors where if you have enough talent you can skate around players like if they were pilons. 

You can dare Seguin to try to dance around in the nhl all you want but he won't be able to do it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Watched many of Seguins junior games. Flat out sick talent..He was also not on a very good team so other teams keyed in on him and tried pushing him around.While he didn't engage in alot of physical contact he didn't crawl under a rock or let it hinder his game....Not saying he's going to be either one, but kind of like Sakic/Yzerman where he played HIS game, which by the way got better as more attention was being paid to him as far as draft status.. Folks, trust me on this one, he is the real deal..I'll bet by the second half of next year he'll be the one who's on the ice with a minute left in a close game... As for Juliens system, tough to say, they did finish 2nd in the NHL in goals scored 2 years ago.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Nice post kelvana33, thanks for the information.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Yaz,

How about CJ playing him for 5 minutes a night, that's a good start.  Second, when Seguin tries anything outside of the "system", he gets benched, which takes away his natural creativity and ability that only few guys posses.  None of the guys you name have his speed/skill set.

How can you say Krejci?  He has been awful this year, plus he has far more NHL seasons under his belt.  Seguin won't get better without ice time.

I wonder if you think before you post most of the time? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

When have you seen CJ bench Seguin for playing his game? Seguin gets benched for making mistakes (like drop passes to the opposing team), defensive errors and overall being lost out there. 

When Seguin has got/forced opportunities to score , he has been able to play more mins.

Also Krejci has been awful this year? Already i can tell that you don't watch many Bruins games or you are blind. Re watch the Dallas game and see how many chances Krejci provided for Horton and Lucic to score. The game could of been 10 to 3. 

Stop embarressing yourself by posting crap

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

In the Dallas game, somehow Seguin was turned loose or he just went with his instincts. He scored a goal[ quick shot] ;he caught up to a Dallas forward, coming back from deep in the offensive zone to thwart a breakin; He was flying on every shift and Claude benches him in the 3rd. Claude wants to win every game by one goal, good luck!!! Put this kid on Bergie's right wing and leave him there. Put Rex on Hamill's right wing and let him help Hamill adjust; put Wheeler on the 4th line and let him go, particularly if they ever dare pair him up with Paille for speed and forechecking.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]When have you seen CJ bench Seguin for playing his game? Seguin gets benched for making mistakes (like drop passes to the opposing team), defensive errors and overall being lost out there.  When Seguin has got/forced opportunities to score , he has been able to play more mins.

Stop embarressing yourself by posting crap

Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Please provide a source or some info that shows when Seguin has been benched and the reason for it each time.

While you are at it, take your own advice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]When have you seen CJ bench Seguin for playing his game? Seguin gets benched for making mistakes (like drop passes to the opposing team), defensive errors and overall being lost out there.  When Seguin has got/forced opportunities to score , he has been able to play more mins. Also Krejci has been awful this year? Already i can tell that you don't watch many Bruins games or you are blind. Re watch the Dallas game and see how many chances Krejci provided for Horton and Lucic to score. The game could of been 10 to 3.  Stop embarressing yourself by posting crap
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    You're the last person that should tell anyone to stop embarrassing themselves.You want so badly to come off as sounding smarter than everyone that you say outrageously ridiculous things.I mean really-you're the same guy that wanted Spooner to play ahead of Seguin and then later in the season,started a thread asking people to  stop being so mean and hurtful to you because this forum wasn't for name calling and whatnot.Everyone's entitled to an opinion yet you somehow feel that because approximately 5 people out of hundreds agree with yours that it must be right.Maybe you need thicker skin to come on here and debate people but the bottom line is you come off as a spoiled child who nobody likes.For awhile I felt sorry for you.Now I realize you're just an idiot that cries when others think your outrageous statements are wrong.Man up or cry elsewhere.I don't care which.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Doesn't want the puck : I think we all want him to turn out to be a great player, and nobody thought he was going to come in here and tear it up but his TIMIDNESS is very noticable and you can have all the skill in the world but if your timid that skill isnt going to be applied properly, you cant teach courage and i dont care how old this kid is he has NONE PERIOD!!!  AS i noted in a previuos post in the OHL last years playoffs Windsor hit him and the golden boy was shut DOWN 0PTS!!!!!!!!! Some of you bruin fans have to stop being homers and call a spade a spade cause right now this kid su#$@!s SH#%$t  
    Posted by uppercut[/QUOTE]

You just lost any creditbility with this one. I didn't mind you having an opinion on the kid. This comment puts you on the ignore list.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

In Response to Seguin Doesn't want the puck:
    [QUOTE]Seguin has  GOT to go play more hockey somewhere else, But I don't think it will change his attitude or demeanor. He is TIMID and plays scared. That won't change. Those of you with Tivo, look at the first period 7:27 mark, Seguin doesn't want anything to do with the puck in the left offensive corner and gives it away, at 12:08 in the neutral zone he touch passes to a covered man, and earlier at 12:16 same thing.. he wants NOTHING to do with the puck when he might get hit. This goes on every game I watch, if he has open ice he will skate, if he is anywhere near the boards and hears footsteps.. you can be guaranteed he is giving up the puck. And why isn't Marchand on the first Power play unit??? 
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]

OK, first he's 18 and skinny and does he shy away from contact - yes. I'll agree that he does sometimes - not all the time. I think his core problem is lack of confidence, only time will tell what he does with his considerable talent. But the tone of your comments are unjustified at this time. If's he playing next year like this then your tone might be justified. Unfortunately because of league rules the Bruins opitons were either to return him to juniors or keep him with the parent club. Next season, perhaps he'll spend some time in the AHL. In the mean time, relax a bit, the B's are enjoying a very good season thus far. GO BRUINS and kick some Hab **** this week!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Doesn't want the puck : You're the last person that should tell anyone to stop embarrassing themselves.You want so badly to come off as sounding smarter than everyone that you say outrageously ridiculous things.I mean really-you're the same guy that wanted Spooner to play ahead of Seguin and then later in the season,started a thread asking people to  stop being so mean and hurtful to you because this forum wasn't for name calling and whatnot.Everyone's entitled to an opinion yet you somehow feel that because approximately 5 people out of hundreds agree with yours that it must be right.Maybe you need thicker skin to come on here and debate people but the bottom line is you come off as a spoiled child who nobody likes.For awhile I felt sorry for you.Now I realize you're just an idiot that cries when others think your outrageous statements are wrong.Man up or cry elsewhere.I don't care which.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Target practice?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Doesn't want the puck : Target practice?
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Perhaps.........I just don't like folks who post about not calling others names and being overall respectful and then constantly telling others that they're"blind","jokers" and "don't know what they're talking about".As you know,I can be as big a jerk as anybody on here but I don't start threads asking others to treat me better(and I've been called just about everything).

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts