Seguin for Loui Eriksson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Seguin for Loui Eriksson?

[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was a bad assessment either way Nite.

[/QUOTE]

Oh No I didn't mean that it was Dez; sorry it came out that way. I just meant that others in TSN probably feel differently. I had no problem with the article as a whole. I just think that if you look at Seguin (now) & look at Eriksson (now). I'm all for working with the present if at the present time is more feasible to work with than the future. If this was ...say the Calgary Flames & Seguin was in that lineup? I'd understand the frowning on dealing him, because you're trying to rebuild. The Bruins are a contender without Seguin in the lineup. And if Morrow is the real deal they also got their 1st rd pick back that they lost in the Jagr trade. So you lost some future to gain some present. With the core group all being pretty close in age. Eriksson fits better in that age bracket.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I didn't think it was a bad assessment either way Nite.

[/QUOTE]

Oh No I didn't mean that it was Dez; sorry it came out that way. I just meant that others in TSN probably feel differently. I had no problem with the article as a whole. I just think that if you look at Seguin (now) & look at Eriksson (now). I'm all for working with the present if at the present time is more feasible to work with than the future. If this was ...say the Calgary Flames & Seguin was in that lineup? I'd understand the frowning on dealing him, because you're trying to rebuild. The Bruins are a contender without Seguin in the lineup. And if Morrow is the real deal they also got their 1st rd pick back that they lost in the Jagr trade. So you lost some future to gain some present. With the core group all being pretty close in age. Eriksson fits better in that age bracket.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on all counts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Im not against the trade as much as i think they could have shopped harder.  Maybe this was the best offer.  Had one person made this deal up it would have been laughed off here.  Even as it was going down people thought benn was coming back.  

I would have rather had drouin.  The trade seguin should be read again.  A lot on here were 100% against It.  

Wishy washy.  

I was never for trading Seguin but I've always liked Eriksson so I'm not upset at all. Peverley was on everyone's list of players to go. People expected a mid round pick for him so I consider everyone we got as just payment for Seguin. Why do you keep bringing up Drouin? If the rumours were true, Florida was unwilling to move their pick for Seguin.It is what it is.

Bc it was mentioned that tbay or florida may have interest in trading their pick for seguin.  would you rather have lou over drouin?   Im with you that a lot of people dont know erikssons name.  Its not very familar but i watch him and he is very good at both ends and has speed.  I think of how good he could be with bergie marchand.  

Im not sad to see seguin go.  I wanted drouin!   

[/QUOTE]

I would have taken Drouin every time over Eriksson. 100%. I'm a firm believer in trader to get younger and more talented than older and less talented with the exception of rentals at the deadline.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Concerning the trade - I'm not surpised, but I was a little shocked.  I thought PC would give him another year to straighten out.

When I heard that Seguin wasn't at the Cuts For a Cause I suspected something wasn't right.  Not that that was one of the issues.  But it sure seemed odd.  And just the way he played in the SCF.  The Bruins could have used the hungry Seguin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Im not against the trade as much as i think they could have shopped harder.  Maybe this was the best offer.  Had one person made this deal up it would have been laughed off here.  Even as it was going down people thought benn was coming back.  

I would have rather had drouin.  The trade seguin should be read again.  A lot on here were 100% against It.  

Wishy washy.  

I was never for trading Seguin but I've always liked Eriksson so I'm not upset at all. Peverley was on everyone's list of players to go. People expected a mid round pick for him so I consider everyone we got as just payment for Seguin. Why do you keep bringing up Drouin? If the rumours were true, Florida was unwilling to move their pick for Seguin.It is what it is.

Bc it was mentioned that tbay or florida may have interest in trading their pick for seguin.  would you rather have lou over drouin?   Im with you that a lot of people dont know erikssons name.  Its not very familar but i watch him and he is very good at both ends and has speed.  I think of how good he could be with bergie marchand.  

Im not sad to see seguin go.  I wanted drouin!   

[/QUOTE]

I would have taken Drouin every time over Eriksson. 100%. I'm a firm believer in trader to get younger and more talented than older and less talented with the exception of rentals at the deadline.

[/QUOTE]

That's fine if you want to gamble a guy who's guaranteed can perform for a guy that you hope is able to. Again, the word on the street is that Florida said no to PC so the point is moot. Assuming Seguin can immediately outplay Loui is a real stretch. I don't care how talented Seguin is because he still needs to find a way to make it work. Loui is well aware of how to use his skill set. I'm as bummed as you about losing Seguin but I'm also aware of the bright side of the deal.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

It will be interesting to watch Caron, Smith, Fraser, Spooner, Knight, and Khoklachev fight for one or two available roster spots - depending on what PC does in free agency. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

The problem with the Kessel deal was that we were left without a topline RW for the season and playoffs Hort came the following year.

The prob with the Seg deal is he can be a franchise player, he is 21, March didn't start until he was 21, the talent is unbelievable, he is better than Lou. He was traded with Pev leaving us 2 rw's down, picking up a competent 1st line rw(power RW) becomes very hard as the price will be high this free agency if Briere got 4M.

Giving Rask more than the 5M that TT got is ludicrous, there is a cap decline, he has the potential to stack up against some top knotch goalies of the game, but, if he isn't willing to take a deal similar, I would let him go like Seguin and not feel half as bad, because the D first cj will always produce decent goalie stats and our cupboard seems to be full of decent goalies at this time.

I hope Seg has an excellent career far above that of Kessel, I am glad he has gone out west tho. It will always be a thorn in my craw just as the Joe trade was, we just need the RW straightened out and fast.

PC will not jump fast tho, he will not be caught in the free agent free for all unless the price is right. It is exasperating that we may even have to wait until next year for the right person to fit a la Horton, but it will come.  It will be even better if our utes can come into this and be the difference like maybe a Camara, Griffith, Spooner or a Knight in shining armor.

Thanks Tyler Seguin I will miss you and cheer on your career even tho you are not a Bruin.

GOAT!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to KMCI's comment:

The problem with the Kessel deal was that we were left without a topline RW for the season and playoffs Hort came the following year.

The prob with the Seg deal is he can be a franchise player, he is 21, March didn't start until he was 21, the talent is unbelievable, he is better than Lou. He was traded with Pev leaving us 2 rw's down, picking up a competent 1st line rw(power RW) becomes very hard as the price will be high this free agency if Briere got 4M.

Giving Rask more than the 5M that TT got is ludicrous, there is a cap decline, he has the potential to stack up against some top knotch goalies of the game, but, if he isn't willing to take a deal similar, I would let him go like Seguin and not feel half as bad, because the D first cj will always produce decent goalie stats and our cupboard seems to be full of decent goalies at this time.

I hope Seg has an excellent career far above that of Kessel, I am glad he has gone out west tho. It will always be a thorn in my craw just as the Joe trade was, we just need the RW straightened out and fast.

PC will not jump fast tho, he will not be caught in the free agent free for all unless the price is right. It is exasperating that we may even have to wait until next year for the right person to fit a la Horton, but it will come.  It will be even better if our utes can come into this and be the difference like maybe a Camara, Griffith, Spooner or a Knight in shining armor.

Thanks Tyler Seguin I will miss you and cheer on your career even tho you are not a Bruin.

GOAT!!!

Goat, what player/s do you think the Bruins should've got for Seguin and why?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I swear im not KMCI

but our team isnt better.  Our team got a nice piece to the puzzle.  But it lost a young stud.  We are still short 2 players.  This deal was done to finalize the rask deal.  Would you agree dez?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I swear im not KMCI

but our team isnt better.  Our team got a nice piece to the puzzle.  But it lost a young stud.  We are still short 2 players.  This deal was done to finalize the rask deal.  Would you agree dez?  

Not at all. There was always enough to sign Rask. I don't know why you thought otherwise.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

I swear im not KMCI

Not at all. There was always enough to sign Rask. I don't know why you thought otherwise.

[/QUOTE]

9 million with savards hit.  Rask is getting 7 of it or so we think.  Who we getting for 2 million that can play on the top 6 and a backup.  Seguin was dealt so they could extend rask.  Its my conspiracy theory.  

Do you see any ufa that can be had that wont break the bank?   I want cammalleri via trade.  Send kelly, morrow and a 2nd round pick.   Essentially a 3 m cap hit.  Gives us 2 for another bottom 6 and 1 for a goalie.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I swear im not KMCI

Agree with your thinking,  just not the part it was for Rask. I think they had the space.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

[QUOTE]

I swear im not KMCI

Agree with your thinking,  just not the part it was for Rask. I think they had the space.

[/QUOTE]

If thats all they planned on having with  no upgrades.  9-7 is 2.  Who we getting for 2.  And who we getting to back up the best goalie on earth.  Seguin was dealt to extend rask and add some depth.  Is that worded better.  Make no mistakes about it if i read 7 m for rask that i assume this is correct.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

KLE. BM?  kelly/soder?  Campy line.  How is our team better after this deal other then cap space.  PS. I hate soders visor.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ok I read the long thread completely. Many good points on the potential of Seguin.  YET, Seguin is no Thornton.  Thornton had several years to establish his game before being traded.  Nope don't buy the Chara was gotten with Thorton's money, Thonton was traded in November.  Trade value could have been greater at the deadline. Dumas move.  Seguin has issues.  I would like to be 21 with girly issues, party life, and millions to spend.  The fan does not buy tickets for those things nonetheless.  Yes, I know, I supported his growth period.  YET, the Cap is the issue as some said in the thread.  

Seguin would still be here if the Cap was higher, yup, true.  But, wake up, it ain't.  PC made a move.  Seguin may just be another Yzerman, doubt it.  I like the wider options a trade brings, the pieces are not singular but multiple.  Who knows what Morrow, Fraser, or even Smith bring down the road?  I disagree in part with OatesCam, yes youth and talent are upmost when evaluating a trade. It is about numbers too though, like number of players received and Cap space.  So, I am disappointed Seguin did not play a long career in Boston.  

Lastly let us not get to caught up in the present moment.  Next year there will be others like Clarkson or Bickell available.  Certainly I will finish with I read on here recently, the Bs get an F for the summer if they don't sign a UFA.  Especially now with Seguin gone and space available.  

BDC log in issues are just insane! Help!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

KLE. BM?  kelly/soder?  Campy line.  How is our team better after this deal other then cap space.  PS. I hate soders visor.  

Is Soderberg even going to pan out? Who knows? A big "what if."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Soderberg stepped in and played fairly well. I have no fear of him being a bust but then again, I never expected he'd be a star. I have no problem with him being in the bottom 6 next year. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So is our team better?   Will it be better once we sign rask?  Sure bc hes an important piece.  anyone agree that seguin was traded so we could sign rask?   I do.  Why? Bc 2 million doesnt buy a lot when you need a top 6 and a backup.  If someone can find me a top 6 and backup goalie i want names.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Those of you who are bent about the deal, I ask you this:  Remember in the Stanley Cup playoffs when the B's lost to Chicago?  Do you think a couple of goals by this golden boy would have helped? 

He choked so badly it's amazing.

See ya, kid.  Hope it all works out for you...elsewhere.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyBruski54. Show TeddyBruski54's posts

What a horrible trade!! I'm not shocked though, The B's always get rid of my favorite players!! I bet he has 50 goals next season!!

What a kick in the groin!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Those of you who are bent about the deal, I ask you this:  Remember in the Stanley Cup playoffs when the B's lost to Chicago?  Do you think a couple of goals by this golden boy would have helped? 

He choked so badly it's amazing.

See ya, kid.  Hope it all works out for you...elsewhere.

Im not bent outta shape bc hockey trades happen all the time.  I think they did this deal to sign rask.  so if you really wanna break the deal down its lou, rask cap space prospects for seguin peverly.   And yes i do this deal for those reasons.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts