Seguin gets to Play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Seguin gets to Play

And for what it's worth...Why not try him on a PP for a change ?  It's not like he's going to ruin a good PP !   I really hope he has a great game...It's his time, or else it's Trent Whitfields (nooooooooooooooooooooo)  !!    Go B's Go !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Seguin gets to Play

It's kind of crazy how fate keeps putting Seguin in the lineup.

This is his opportunity to really make an impact in this series.  Maybe more minutes is exactly what he needs.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin gets to Play:
    [QUOTE]It's kind of crazy how fate keeps putting Seguin in the lineup. This is his opportunity to really make an impact in this series.  Maybe more minutes is exactly what he needs.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

And, if he does get on the #1 line, and Julien uses his last change propperly, we could see how he plays in a purley offensive line.  Let the hound loose.  That may be fun to watch. 
    I posted a couple of days ago how I see the future B's line up with Krejci and Seguin playing together.  May get a little preview Wednesday. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Is it guaranteed Seguin will play? That last game was pretty chippy. Do you really want to shove the kid into that with Torres trying to level anything that moves? What happened to Jordan Caron? I'd like to see him in the lineup aside from the fact he hasn't played in who knows how long. Just not Whitfield please.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Seguin gets to Play:
    [QUOTE]And for what it's worth...Why not try him on a PP for a change ?  It's not like he's going to ruin a good PP !   I really hope he has a great game...It's his time, or else it's Trent Whitfields (nooooooooooooooooooooo)  !!    Go B's Go !!!
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

Stuke  will you stop with Seguin already ! He's 19 years old and not physically and emotionally ready for the Stanley cup playoffs ! He'll be good next year and great the next ...just not ready for these playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin gets to Play : And, if he does get on the #1 line, and Julien uses his last change propperly, we could see how he plays in a purley offensive line.  Let the hound loose.  That may be fun to watch.  I posted a couple of days ago how I see the future B's line up with Krejci and Seguin playing together.  May get a little preview Wednesday. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Scooter, if one has learned anything this year it's that Julien will NEVER move a
    4th liner to the first line no matter what the circumstances are. Peverley , Marchand  or even Ryder have a better chance of moving up to the first line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

It's Tyler time!  He won't be playing 8 minutes like Game 2 thought.  More like 15 or 16.  Hope the kid is ready. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin gets to Play : And, if he does get on the #1 line, and Julien uses his last change propperly, we could see how he plays in a purley offensive line.  Let the hound loose.  That may be fun to watch.  I posted a couple of days ago how I see the future B's line up with Krejci and Seguin playing together.  May get a little preview Wednesday. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

I've always thought that was the best fit for Seguin - it was my answer to all of the "drafting a centre" threads last summer.  They'd be a great fit.

It won't happen.  Ryder looked really comfortable on that line, and he had a 3 point night, so he'll be option 1.  My guess is Seguin is on a line with Kelly and Peverley - a fast line.  Just, please, god, don't let Kelly carry the puck on any more 2-1s

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]What we get is Seguin AND Thornton in the lineup.   It's actually a pretty good Plan B.  Thornton may not be a scorer but his energetic play early on in the 4th line sped this team up.  And Vancouver has to play with one eye looking over their shoulders. What's important is that the team as a whole CANNOT lose the focus the gained from rallying around Horton until they finish the job .  They have all summer to rest.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better.  Wednesday will be the telling sign of how this team will react.  They need to "get up" for that game and continue to get the job done.  Winning one game won't vindicate the hit that Horton took, they need to use that to help them win a few more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Seguin gets to Play : Stuke  will you stop with Seguin already ! He's 19 years old and not physically and emotionally ready for the Stanley cup playoffs ! He'll be good next year and great the next ...just not ready for these playoffs.
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]
    He's played more than any other roster Bruin....Not ready ?  Okay. Your vote is for who ? Jordon, up for a few cups of coffee and you want to play him ? Trent Whitefield ? He played in last years series with Philly. Please make a post on your wanting NOT to play Seguin. Please post !  I'm interested in what other Bruin fans would have to say with your post. I could be wrong about playing Seguin...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin gets to Play : I've always thought that was the best fit for Seguin - it was my answer to all of the "drafting a centre" threads last summer.  They'd be a great fit. It won't happen.  Ryder looked really comfortable on that line, and he had a 3 point night, so he'll be option 1.  My guess is Seguin is on a line with Kelly and Peverley - a fast line.  Just, please, god, don't let Kelly carry the puck on any more 2-1s
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

That might have been the worst 2-1 ever seen. Not sure what he was thinking, but he sure did cut off his options in a big hurry. Luongo must have been laughing inside. Worried for a few seconds, then watching as what he had to do was narrowed down by the second.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

ryder will be on 1st line   and seguin on 3rd with kelly and peverley

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Yuck! Seguin for Horton?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

It's hard to know whether it will be Peverley or Ryder, but it certainly will not be Seguin on the first line if that's what some of you are thinking.  I am excited to see either option.  I think Peverley is the better option for the first line but I also think he is the better option next to Kelly and Seguin.  The only other thing we know for sure is that losing Horton, our lineup is not quite as good as it was, hopefully the emotion of playing for Horton can mask some of the natural dropoff of losing a first line wing.  Here's to Horton's health and a healthy dose of Clean Hard Retribution in the coming games!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

This is what I want:

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
    Marchand-Bergeron-Ryder
    Peverly-Kelly-Recchi
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Why? I think Looch and Krejci can provide enough enforcement and defensive coverage to allow Seguin to open up the game a bit on that top line. Ryder is heating up and the very few times he's played with Bergeron have been magic. Peverly-Kelly-Seguin is too small for my taste, so having Rex on that line seems like the better fit and balance. No need to change the 4th. All 4 lines have players with speed, players who will be physical and players who can put the puck in the net.

This is what they'll do:

Lucic-Krejci-Ryder
    Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi
    Seguin-Kelly-Peverly
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Hard to complain about line combos after 2 close losses and an 8-1 drubbing. I trust Julien knows what he's doing. Wow. Can't believe I just said that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I think that this is what makes the Bruins good.

If you lose players and you can replace them with the likes of Seguin and Thornton that is the sign of a well constructed team. They'll be fine.

Seguin hasn't been a force this series (but until last night, who was?) but he's hardly been a millstone around this teams neck some of you think he is. He'll play and open up ice. Thornton will play and will bruise. They'll both be fine. Nucks D is severely depleted and the Bruins are deeper. Watch for Seguin to score in game 4.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Glyder will ruin the first line and Julien has made up his mind his boy will be there. Claude will keep Seguin's minutes down which is carelessly dumb!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Yup, it's simple.

Seguin drops in with Krejci/Lucic.

The other lines stay the same.

Of all the players on the roster, it is Seguin's game that most closely resembles Nathan Horton's

It is the least disruptive move, Claude can make to line combinations that obviously worked great guns last night.

Also, there might be a pesky little thing called 'destiny' involved with a decision to put Seguin with Krejci and Lucic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Correction: 'Claude can stick to the line combinations that obviously worked last night'...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

I said this to my buddies
    last night, after Horton was knocked out;

"Why can't...
    (10 minutes before Don Cherry's Coach's Corner)
    (which doesn't make me a heckuva guy...)

....why shouldn't the Bruins. in this situation
    - on the losing end of a Rome-for-Horton trade-off -
     be able to call up to the Press Box and say; 'Seguin get yer gear on, be ready for the start of the 2nd Period!' Why not?"

It would make for even more great and glorious drama, not to mention it's only fair. And
    would provide a greater disincentive to the knocking of guys out - It would be more like Soccer - the offending team plays with one fewer player (in this case, on their bench) - In this way, Aaron Rome would've been shortening his team's bench, Vancouver would've had to play with 19 to Boston's 20.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]I said this to my buddies last night, after Horton was knocked out;   "Why can't... (10 minutes before Don Cherry's Coach's Corner) (which doesn't make me a heckuva guy...) ....why shouldn't the Bruins. in this situation - on the losing end of a Rome-for-Horton trade-off -  be able to call up to the Press Box and say; 'Seguin get yer gear on, be ready for the start of the 2nd Period!' Why not?" It would make for even more great and glorious drama, not to mention it's only fair. And would provide a greater disincentive to the knocking of guys out - It would be more like Soccer - the offending team plays with one fewer player (in this case, on their bench) - In this way, Aaron Rome would've been shortening his team's bench, Vancouver would've had to play with 19 to Boston's 20.
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Would have to find a way to make sure teams don't fake injuries only to get a sub in and take out the offending player, though. It's a good premise.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

You don't want Seguin matching up against the Sedins or Kesler, so he'll play on the third while Ryder or Pev join DK.  Ryder looked great in the role last night.  Seguin will play more because he won't have Peverley subbing in for him.  Should be a good line up.  I think Horton was hurting anyway.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Horton Out that is a huge lose, Bruins probably wouldn't be in finals with out him.
    Seguin has lots of talent and will have a big game four.
    He has fresh well rested young legs
    Lots of guys must be hurting but not Seguin. I think he has a big advantage.
    I would try him on the first line!!