Seguin / Hamill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Seguin / Hamill

I'm at work and won't be watching today's game. I read here where CJ has Hamill on the 3rd line and Seguin on the 4th. Does that mean that CJ feels Seguin is stronger defensively, or that Hamill might be more of a scoring threat ? Or nothing at all and CJ will make lines up ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fcukhabs. Show fcukhabs's posts

Re: Seguin / Hamill

hamill is terrible worse player i ever seen

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I love your handle fckhabs...too bad hamill didn't shine

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Hamill did look terrible today. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

He's getting a legit look. He's getting to play with two guys who are used to each other. And Seguin has played with Thornton before.

Hamill looked really good today, great awareness of the game. 

In Response to Seguin / Hamill:
    [QUOTE]I'm at work and won't be watching today's game. I read here where CJ has Hamill on the 3rd line and Seguin on the 4th. Does that mean that CJ feels Seguin is stronger defensively, or that Hamill might be more of a scoring threat ? Or nothing at all and CJ will make lines up ?
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Not terrible, just out of place... and it is really hard to judge given how bad the whole team played.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

CJ clearly does not like having Seguin, he was forced to keep him by the powers that be above him.  Seguin doesn't fit the mucker mold of CJ, he doesnt know what to do with a guy who has offensive skill.  Seguin isn't a forechecker/mucker so CJ doesn't like playing him.

Do you think stamkos would have popped 20 goals at the end of his rookie year if he was getting 4 minutes a night playing with fighters? 

Just another issue that CJ is rock headed and stubborn on.  Yes, seguin won't fight, or kick the puck around in the corner to setup a wrist shot from the point, but he can actually use speed and a snipers shot to create odd man rushes and offense outside of dump, chase, point shot with nobody infront of the net.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

LMAO Hamill has played a total of six NHL periods and he is terrible OK

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

did CJ move Seguin and Hamill around ?  They listed Seguin playing 4th line and Hamill on 3rd ? Did Seguin see any other line combo ? As with Hamill ?   Just curious....thanks guys

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Hamill suprised me out there tonight. Looks stronger, did some forechecking and some OK passes. Needs some more time out there 

Doesn't have "Seguin" flash but impressed me the way he forechecked and registered a few decent nhl checks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin / Hamill:[QUOTE]Hamill suprised me out there tonight. Looks stronger, did some forechecking and some OK passes. Needs some more time out there Doesn't have "Seguin" flash but impressed me the way he forechecked and registered a few decent nhl checks Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Zack definitely had that "Holy crap these guys are big n fast" look on his face I agree Yaz he did a decent job.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Aghhh, here is the usual "it's more important to judge than watch" reaction on this board.

Hamill looked fine, about what you'd expect.  Give him two weeks, then decide.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin / Hamill:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin / Hamill : I have yet to see seGul use his speed and creat opportunities (1 every 5 games)he is afraid to skate with the puck for christ sakes give him20 mins a game and you will see the same!!! Stamkos earned his ice. some on this site just want it handed to segul i think thats the kids problem he looks like the type that got everything handed to him in life (little spoiled pretty boy) I dont see no urgency on his part to get more minutes. there is no free ride in the NHL.  
    Posted by uppercut[/QUOTE]

Hey uppercut have you ever been in a position where you are trying to fit in and show what you can do?  Now if every time you make a mistake you get crap from your boss, how confident are you going to be to show your best?  When others are playing by different rules than you are because they have been there longer, would that not tick you off as well?  Did Krejci sit when his inability to make a simple play and get a puck deep at the opposing blueline led to San Jose's only goal (except the empty-netter)?  If that was Seguin he would have sat for the next 10 minutes. 

With everything there has to be balance so yes Seguin has to improve to get more ice-time but the coach has to instill some confidence as well.  If you are working hard and trying to improve we will look past some mistakes.  Again Clod is only worried about his job and not the longer term outlook of the Bruins because he is done this year if they don't get past the 2nd round.  He should have been gone last year.  He is hoping his mediocre players like Ryder and Wheeler can do enough to get by and that Timmy T can continue to save his butt.  Seguin is the future and needs to play more with skilled players.  By the way there is no way his work ethic is as bad as Ryder's.  Should Ryder keep playing as he is a total waste of space with no potential?  You don't draft a kid 2nd overall and treat him like crap.  If he does not improve his game over the next few years fine but right now management needs to tell Clod that he has to get the kid good minutes with good players and if he doesn't like it they should fire him!!!!!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I think there really shouldn't be much of a debate here...
    Seguin needs to improve his play
    He is going to have a tough time being consistent and learning when he is changing lines every game and asked to play a different role.
    He is a skill player but he does need to learn how to use his body and get in the corners.
    He needs more ice time.  (You can argue that he needs to earn it but it doesn't change the fact that he needs more time) Hamil had more minutes then him today.
    The opinions can come in about everything else..(my thoughts)
    Claude either is unsure of how to use Seguin or does not like the he is being forced to carry him on the roster.  
    Seguin should be getting time as 3rd line center...it might be rough for a while but I think it will force him to grow and in the end make him a playoff contributor instead of another body on the roster.
    Seguin gets an held to a different standard then the rest of the B's. (which has got to su#k knowing that you aren't going to play at the end of any game when you want to be part of the team....Hamil was on the ice in the final 3 min tonight...don't remember the last time Seguin was.)

Hamil was not very good today but he did muck for the puck on occasion.  I hope he plays well and don't think this is a Hamil vs. Seguin situation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Seguin's a rookie coming from juniors.  Hamill's been playing pro hockey for quite some time now.  That's the reason for him being on the ice with 3 min left.

Personally, I wasn't overwhelmed with Hamill's game today.  He's just not top-tier talent.  If he was another Patrick Kane, I'd be more inclined to want the B's to keep him.  But, from what I've seen so far, at 22 and one of the smaller players, he's probably not anything more than a depth guy.

I think the Bruins are showcasing him for a trade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Hamil will be playing during the Paille suspension and could be his last chance. Other teams could pick him up a deadline where he may get more playing time. I am hoping he shines for next three gms. and catches some GM's attention and he is thinking worth a shot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Hamill played a steady game and Wheeler and Ryder did nothing to help him out. Especially Ryder who muffed at least three decent set-ups. Wheeler is messing up his PP time by fumbling the puck and not pulling the trigger when he is set-up. Seguin is just NOT being used effectively. He needs to play with skilled players, not Thornton, and he is not ready for center ice time, so work him on the wing, and not on the 4th line. Does this sound like the coaching is missing something??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 77Fan. Show 77Fan's posts

Personally I'd like to see Seguin play wing with Bergeron and Marchand. The speed and creativity with that line would be awesome! Rex can play with anybody, so having him on Hamill's line might give him a boost.
    Id have it:

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
    Recchi-Hamill-Ryder
    Lucic-Kredci-Horton
    Thornton-Campbell-Wheeler

This would give a nice balance to the lines i think.
    If Seguin couldn't produce with this line, then he should be sent down for a conditioning stint, and get some minutes in Prov.
    Hamill would have some ice-time with some experienced guys and could show whether he belongs or not.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

77FAN, like your thoughts. Just read where Rolston is on a tear in n.j. BECAUSE Lemaire moved him from 3rd line to 2nd/1st line so he could play with skilled linemates. Maybe Claude should read LeMaire's notes and apply to Seguin. One change to your lines, I would keep REX on right wing with Hamill and replace Ryder with Wheeler. Too often Ryder needs a kick in the ___ to stimulate his lethargic skills.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin / Hamill:
    [QUOTE]Hamill did look terrible today. 
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

I didn't see any mistakes.  He made good passes, skated hard, and played in all three zones.  What did you expect?  Did you expect him to break Darryl Sitter's record or maybe Joe Malone's?