Seguin home at last

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerjack. Show jerjack's posts

Re: Seguin home at last

The confidence factor has been increasing in his play and before the season is over that idea could become reality.
    Maybe the best 4th line in the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

sit seguin thats whats best today for the bruins caron is a better option more nhl ready 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

if you want to bring in caron, sit paille.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I was saying that before the season started.  But all I heard on these boards from certain posters was that it was a waste to have skilled players on the "fourth line". The fourth line was only energy, and they could only play limited minutes... blah blah blah.  4 potentially dangerous lines is exactly what is needed.  Now, take your idea, and replace thornton, Pallie, and Campbell in favour of somebody who can score consistently, and your on to something.  I have been impressed with Thorton's production this year, but it won't last, and defiantly will not be around come playoff time.  Campbell has been a pleasant surprise, as I didn't expect much from him.  Still his offensive upside is limited. If Caron is a better option, go with him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Played better last night. Was much more agressive. Like the poster stated he should not be playing wing. He is a centre

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Seguin home at last:
    Why in gods name would anyone play him on the wing. If you can't recognize after last nights game that he's more comfortable and dangerous at center, then I'm not sure what else to say. Put Campbell on the wing when he comes back and keep Seguin at Center. This should never had happened in the first place - stop F!!!..g with this kid and let him play where he belongs. 4th line center is a perfect spot for him to learn and adapt to the NHL, and maybe help this team. Thornton/Paille - Seguin - Campbell
    Posted by JWensink

He was certainly a bright spot in last night's hangover game. To say he was comfortable at center would be a gross understatement. He will make the #4 line a lot more dangerous, while he sharpens his defensive skills as a center.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin home at last:
    In Response to Seguin home at last : He was certainly a bright spot in last night's hangover game. To say he was comfortable at center would be a gross understatement. He will make the #4 line a lot more dangerous, while he sharpens his defensive skills as a center. Posted by watchtower

Kill two birds with one stone as he did look comfortable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I agree that Seguin has looked much better in the last two games, more engaged, noticeable jump in his step.  I like him at center, where he has played his best hockey this year.

Interesting stat: YTD FO%
    - PB = 55.5%
    - MS = 51.7%
    - TS = 50.5%
    - DK = 48.9%
    - GC = 47.3%

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

sit seguin thats whats best today for the bruins caron is a better option more nhl ready 
    Posted by bruins8

LOSER, go back to the habs boards.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

Looks alot better a center.  Bring Caron up put him and throrton on the wings and Seguin as center.  Give them a shot as the 4th liners. Could work?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

posted at 1/2/2011 9:08 AM EST

" If you can't recognize after last nights game that he's more comfortable and dangerous at center, then I'm not sure what else to say."
    posted by JWensink

Todays quote from Claude Julien written in the Bruins Notebook from Fluto...

"Tyler’s obviously a little bit more comfortable at center using a little bit more of the ice."

hmm... wow a direct quote from the Bruins coach made by someone on this board days earlier??? Somebody was way ahead of the curve, while others only choose to argue every possible comment that is even remotely perceived to be critical - regardless of the reality. No need to name names...they know who they are Tongue out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

posted at 1/2/2011 9:08 AM EST " If you can't recognize after last nights game that he's more comfortable and dangerous at center, then I'm not sure what else to say." posted by JWensink Todays quote from Claude Julien written in the Bruins Notebook from Fluto... "Tyler’s obviously a little bit more comfortable at center using a little bit more of the ice." hmm... wow a direct quote from the Bruins coach made by someone on this board days earlier??? Somebody was way ahead of the curve, while others only choose to argue every possible comment that is even remotely perceived to be critical - regardless of the reality. No need to name names...they know who they are
    Posted by JWensink

So now CJ isn't just just some fool you'd like to see replaced by Keenan?CJ agrees with me.Cj so smart now.I like CJ.Whatever turns your crank.I don't think ANYONE argued that Seguin wouldn't be more comfortable playing his natural position.The point was that it wasn't crippling his development to start on the wing.Whatever.If you're so smart you wouldn't need to tell us.We'd already know.Get back to us after the game with some more fire CJ posts.We all love when you go on about that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin home at last : So now CJ isn't just just some fool you'd like to see replaced by Keenan?CJ agrees with me.Cj so smart now.I like CJ.Whatever turns your crank.I don't think ANYONE argued that Seguin wouldn't be more comfortable playing his natural position.The point was that it wasn't crippling his development to start on the wing.Whatever.If you're so smart you wouldn't need to tell us.We'd already know.Get back to us after the game with some more fire CJ posts.We all love when you go on about that.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Yep - you did, every time I mentioned it for the last 6 months...and you even started your own thread about it - you were wrong
    deal with it - schools out duz

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin home at last : Yep - you did, every time I mentioned it for the last 6 months...and you even started your own thread about it - you were wrong deal with it - schools out duz
    Posted by JWensink

You should be able to show many examples then of me saying he wouldn't be more comfortable as a center.I guess the 10 people with positive replies to your thread is all the vindication you need.Let's see......approximately 3 times as many people agree he can play any forward position with no ill effects but..........oh yeah,everyone's wrong and you're right.Don't hurt your arm trying to pat yourself on the back.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

But Wensink, I think you're coming on a little strong here though.  Sure Seguin is more comfortable at center.  We all know his preference is to play center. 

But on a team with 4 strong centers already and a rookie 5th center still getting used to playing in the NHL, I see nothing wrong with getting him acclimated on the wing.  I don't think it hurts him or the team to play some wing this year and his speed is useful there too.  I think we all hope he ends up at center as he develops.

I bet you'll continue to see him on the wing though.  Julien gave a very ambiguous response about this and indicated Seguin should play some center and some wing moving forward.  Just as it should be...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

But Wensink, I think you're coming on a little strong here though.  Sure Seguin is more comfortable at center.  We all know his preference is to play center.  But on a team with 4 strong centers already and a rookie 5th center still getting used to playing in the NHL, I see nothing wrong with getting him acclimated on the wing.  I don't think it hurts him or the team to play some wing this year and his speed is useful there too.  I think we all hope he ends up at center as he develops. I bet you'll continue to see him on the wing though.  Julien gave a very ambiguous response about this and indicated Seguin should play some center and some wing moving forward.  Just as it should be...
    Posted by Fletcher1

Forget it Fletch.He already said we were wrong and he's right so that's it then.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Here's the oddity of this thread . The biggest critic of CJ has bashed Julien on how bad a coach he is for who knows how long ? Now he is using a quote from Julien to prove a point . Did I miss his new born faith post in Julien as a head coach ? Or is all of a sudden Julien his guideline for his opinions being right ? Hypocritical posting !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Here's the oddity of this thread . The biggest critic of CJ has bashed Julien on how bad a coach he is for who knows how long ? Now he is using a quote from Julien to prove a point . Did I miss his new born faith post in Julien as a head coach ? Or is all of a sudden Julien his guideline for his opinions being right ? Hypocritical posting !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

My point exactly Chowda.Now he's smart because CJ used the same word he did.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Seguin had a great chance to score tonight off of that Krejci pass. He has missed some quality scoring chances the past few games

I'd like to see him relax a little more and instead of trying to blast everything top shelf, outwait or try to deke the goalie sometimes. OR try to shoot more one timers

Krejci has been the best centre for him thus far

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Seguin had a great chance to score tonight off of that Krejci pass. He has missed some quality scoring chances the past few games I'd like to see him relax a little more and instead of trying to blast everything top shelf, outwait or try to deke the goalie sometimes. OR try to shoot more one timers Krejci has been the best centre for him thus far
    Posted by yaz16

To tell you the truth,I haven't noticed a huge difference from one center to the next.What I have seen is that Seguin has the skills to play and contribute on any one of the lines. I think we'll see a better 2nd half from Seguin as he's just starting to look truly comfortable out there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

What I have seen is that Seguin has the skills to play and contribute on any one of the lines. I think we'll see a better 2nd half from Seguin as he's just starting to look truly comfortable out there.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I want to agree but... Seguin hasn't impressed the way Marchand and Kampfer have. The team is playing better, so sure it looks like Seguin is playing better too!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by Chowdahkid-

WooHooo!  Finally!  I thought this kind of scrutiny was reserved for me alone!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin home at last : I want to agree but... Seguin hasn't impressed the way Marchand and Kampfer have. The team is playing better, so sure it looks like Seguin is playing better too!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

But taking everyone's age into account Seguin's developing fairly well.Marchand already had a couple years of pro under his belt and Kampfer came out of college so he's also a little further along.This is by no means a slight against any of these players.I'm impressed with all 3.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Wheeler like it or not, is a better fit on the 4th right now, he is a better player than Seg right now and makes the 4th a bigger threat. 

It also takes away from Krej line with Seg on it over Wheel, but Seg is developing leaps and bounds the last while on this line and now it is with Luc instead of Wheeler.

Seg will stay with this line, unless he stops developing and needs a refresher on the 4th.

Cj must be paying attention to the posts here as he seems to be doing a lot of what people have asked for.
    The line situation, a hard one to choose, he has done nicely(yes I said it and believe it) in fitting the puzzles together. He has kept March with Berg(he keeps Rec here too though so not all smart), Seg with Krej and now Luc, Sav hort and Ryd although not a big production, they have been the best line to watch the last few games despite Sav being done according to most and the 4th seems to be playing great(for a 4th) no matter who Camp has beside him.

Seg will become a centre and only should become a centre when either Berg, Krej or Sav are gone and I hope that is not anytime soon.  He is having growing pains, but he is growing and developing fast.

He is a rookie, the only true rookie on the team, he is still a teen at 18. The rest of the rookies on the team are the same age as Luc at 22. March, Bart and Kampf are 22, sorry McQ is 24 and Caron is 20.  He is playing as well as can be expected, but his learning curve is expected to be quicker, and it will be, but unless injuries or trades prevail he will be a winger and that is as it should be(for now).

Sorry Wens put this one to bed already.

Sections
Shortcuts