Seguin Hurt or benched?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Seguin Hurt or benched?

Haven't seen him since the 2nd.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Seguin Hurt or benched?

I was just thinking that..probably benched, suprised jack or Brick havent mentioned it. The way this kid is being handled, disgusting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Seguin Hurt or benched?:
    [QUOTE]Haven't seen him since the 2nd.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Lots of PK in the 3rd so that made it harder to find ice time for Seguin.Great move in the shootout for the win though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Yep! Benched. Didn't see him do anything that warrented that, but anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin Hurt or benched?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Seguin Hurt or benched? : Lots of PK in the 3rd so that made it harder to find ice time for Seguin.Great move in the shootout for the win though.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

But there was ice time found for Thornton? (Scratching head)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Seguin won them this game

Oh the irony Mr Julien

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin won them this game Oh the irony Mr Julien
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]
    Seguin and Rask.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Kids skill is clearly there, it's exactly whats missing on this team, a real scorer.  Hope they figure out a way to lose some of the muckers and how to play and develope the kid more.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I was just thinking that..probably benched, suprised jack or Brick havent mentioned it. The way this kid is being handled, disgusting.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Disgusting and bewildering.

Tyler is a resource that needs to be primed for the playoffs.  If you want to call it "developing" a player, so be it, but I don't look at it that way.  You have to treat individual players in individual ways in order to maximize their return.

It's just not being done with Seguin.

A kid with skills like that to totally and utterly undress NHL goalies in shootouts - I just don't see how those skills can't be translated into the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

bad hab, dead on.  Seguin is exactly what we need, and if they could harness his talent over the reg season, he would be a huge asset for playoffs.  Imagine if he was developed all along, was hitting his stride now, and could step in to play with bergy/marchand going into playoffs to give us another scoring line.

He is what could save claude his job this playoff season, if he can get him going by april, but it only happens if hes given the chance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Hurt or benched? : Seguin and Rask.

Yeah good point

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

CJ is as old school as you can get. Seguin is the first one out in the shootout yet he gets no time on 4-4's. 

The kid doesn't have a refined game yet but he can fly in that situation

I wish the Bruins go far and win it all but on the other hand realistically, it might be better they get ousted in the 1st or 2nd round and finally call it an end to the CJ era in boston

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Think about that yaz.  You just came out and said it might be better to fire the coach than win a Cup.  Nothing tops the Cup. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Hurt or benched? : Seguin and Rask.

Chara has been pretty good too during this down stretch...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

last years playoff meltdown.
    Inconsistent play this year.
    This years playoffs???????

Claude is a very good coach, always liked him, but the Seguin part may be the one that does him in..I'd love to get managements take on his handlng of him.

Not every offensive gifted player i going to be a two way player to his liking. This costed us Kessel..ake Seguin out of the pic and your disdain for Kessel for a second, how good would ths team have been the last two years with a player of Kessels talent?????
    I hope they don't botch ths.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

OK, somebody has to play devil's advocate...
    There must be a master plan in place to bring the 18 year old along slowly, and it must have been an organizational decision.  Young players tend to run out of gas before the season is over.  Sometimes they loose confidence if they fail too often. They must have come to the conclusion, as a group, that (A) he should develop in the NHL, and (B) his role should be limited to xyz.  Barring any spectacular play on his part, they stick to the plan.  If not, why would they have kept him on the big club this year?  A year of Juniors, with a WJHC would have been great development for him.   I'm not convinced this is all Julien. 
    The question becomes when does the master plan call for letting the kid loose?  Playoffs?  Next season? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Seguin cannot be trusted in the playoffs.  He hasn't shown any signs of being able to chip in 10+ minutes a game in the regular season.  Why would we trust him now.  If they had no chance at a cup run I would say let him get the experience.  That isnt the case.  The only way I would play him is if he played with Bergie b/c he is our best fwd in both ends.  Julien has no faith in him and rightfully so.  Now would be the time to let him get as many minutes as possible. 

I wouldnt opposed to a Bergie/Marchand/Seguin line down the stretch to see if it clicks.  But CJ has to let him play as much as possible.

But as it stands he doesnt deserve the minutes.  I mean lots of guys have sweat moves on a SO situation.  Doesnt mean they can crack lineup with aspirations of winning a cup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

scooter, good point but I don't think there was a mater plan. If the master plan was to have him sitting numerous games in March in favor of Paille then finally laying a game to the tune of 9 mins instead of him being in juniors and the WJC then that is absurd...It's unfair to te player to expect him to progress in that enviorment....He was a better player inOctober than he is now..

The ball has been dropped here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]scooter, good point but I don't think there was a mater plan. If the master plan was to have him sitting numerous games in March in favor of Paille then finally laying a game to the tune of 9 mins instead of him being in juniors and the WJC then that is absurd...It's unfair to te player to expect him to progress in that enviorment....He was a better player inOctober than he is now.. The ball has been dropped here.

Then it is CJ's head if he ran this show himself.  I find it hard to believe you leave one man with the authority over your #1 asset.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

scooter,

he is our #1 asset.  But not this year.  He should have stayed in junior. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]scooter, he is our #1 asset.  But not this year.  He should have stayed in junior. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I wasn't convinced in October that he would be better off in the NHL. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Hurt or benched? : Agreed.  I wasn't convinced in October that he would be better off in the NHL. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]
    I remember Joe Thornton havng a decent playoffs after having only 7 points as a rookie.I still think 10 minutes a night in the NHL on a 1st place team is better preparation for next year than  playing another year of junior.We'll see come playoff time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]I was just thinking that..probably benched, suprised jack or Brick havent mentioned it. The way this kid is being handled, disgusting.

They should be using Seguin in overtime,you wan't guys that are good skaters,not defensive players,Seguin saved Clod's with shootout goal,he just doesnt get it,team played like crap,Rask won game for them

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm not worried about Tyler Seguin.  The shootout goal shows that he hasn't forgotten how to handle the puck.  Going back to junior would not necessarily have made him better, and you'll remember that Zach Hamill had a worse season in Jr. the year after he was drafted - what would you be saying if he had a 90 point season in Jr?  But we know for sure that he will have to learn to play the pro game, practice with pros, acclimate to the NHL speed and size.  Even if he isn't producing the points, and even if he's a bit lost out there, he is learning and quickly.

Nothing has been dropped.  There has been a plan.  Both PC and CJ have alluded to it at times.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Hurt or benched? : I remember Joe Thornton havng a decent playoffs after having only 7 points as a rookie.I still think 10 minutes a night in the NHL on a 1st place team is better preparation for next year than  playing another year of junior.We'll see come playoff time.

DeZ, I think time has clouded your memory. Joe Thornton put up goose eggs in the playoffs in first first year. And goose eggs in his last playoffs with Bruins.

Joe Thornton never had a good playoffs with the Bruins.