Seguin In?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Seguin In?

Any news? I would think he will get his shot
    he might be perfect for tampa, not as physical as Flyers!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Seguin In?

"The assumption, which Chiarelli agreed with, is that Bergeron will be out to start the series and Seguin will get a chance to fill in.^BISH"

Better not even hear a whisper of Whitfield...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Welcome to the playoffs Tyler..........here's your chance to add your name to a long list of players that make a difference when it comes to crunch time.

I just hope a) He doesn't get hurt  b) He tries to bring some physical play.

He's still pretty wet behind the ears, and playoffs are a whole different level then the regular season.......and we know how much of a challenge that was for him in his debut year at times.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from modest1. Show modest1's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin In?:
    Welcome to the playoffs Tyler..........here's your chance to add your name to a long list of players that make a difference when it comes to crunch time. I just hope a) He doesn't get hurt  b) He tries to bring some physical play. He's still pretty wet behind the ears, and playoffs are a whole different level then the regular season.......and we know how much of a challenge that was for him in his debut year at times.
    Posted by 4everbruins

can't you almost see the storybook headlines....."Sequin lights the lamp in playoff debut"    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It will be fun to watch, as long as the Bruins are winning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

SanDawg ...Who's Whitfield ?

Go Bruins Go

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin In? : can't you almost see the storybook headlines....."Sequin lights the lamp in playoff debut"    
    Posted by modest1

I'd love to see that. Alot of people on this board have been chirping about giving Seguin a chance to play........we'll see how he deals with it if CJ puts him in. Like I said in my post......it's a tall order for an 18 yr. old kid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

SEGUIN was 4mouths old  when the bruins made it this far 92 , he had time to get ready woot woot  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shooter77. Show shooter77's posts

Lets hope Seguin can kick some as* against Tampa. The powerplay should improve with him in the line up. Maybe some extra PP goals will help off set the lose of Bergeron. If the team keeps playing like they have been playing they should be all right. Go B's!!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Seguin's got some HUGE skates to fill... too much to ask from a 19-year old.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

SanDawg ...Who's Whitfield ? Go Bruins Go Posted by Stuke50

Thought I had one of my more familiar spelling faux pas. Julien chose Trent last season when Krejci went down. He played the last 5 games of last years collapse and Bruins fans saw why Whitfield is a career AHLr...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin In? : can't you almost see the storybook headlines....."Sequin lights the lamp in playoff debut"    
    Posted by modest1

Wow, if the newspaper headlines misspell Seguin's name like that, we are all doomed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Peverley is the best one suited here to take Bergy's spot, although one can't expect him to do the things Bergy does....

in Atlanta, Peverley showed some offensive upside and i'm sure he's learned a thing or two on the defensive side since his arrival to do the job....

i wouldn't be surprised to see Seguin start off on the fourth line with Campbell moving up to center the third to begin the next series....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Nope....don't know anyone named Whitefield...I know a guy named Seguin, but not a Whitfield...nope...not there...can't remember....ever...nope...NO WHITFIELD !  ps......When the hel* is the next game ?   i searched and searched,,,,am I that old ?   help me please ....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I don't think Whitfield would be a horrible choice to play reduced 4th-line minutes with Paille and Thornton.  In that scenario, Campbell moves up to play on the 3rd-line with Kelly and Ryder, with Peverley centering Marchand and Recchi.

Lines:
    Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Peverley-Recchi
    Campbell-Kelly-Ryder
    Paille-Whitfield-Thornton

I like the idea of Peverley moving up to take Bergeron's spot, as he is also very good on draws and can play in all situations.  Whitfield was also 62% on draws in 4 playoff games last year after going 58% in 16 regular season games. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Stuke - no worries. You're fine. The schedule isn't out b/c the two series in the West haven't been decided yet. There was chatter the NHL would not wait if all 4 teams are ready to go.

Of course, we're all rooting for Nashville and Detroit to extend as long as possible to give Bergy a shot at some rest.

SanDog - you said "Whitfield" during the playoffs. Bad juju. You must confess your sins, make an animal sacrifice to the Hockey Gods or personally go to Julien's home to apologize and make sure he doesn't get any bad ideas.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I don't think Whitfield would be a horrible choice to play reduced 4th-line minutes with Paille and Thornton.  In that scenario, Campbell moves up to play on the 3rd-line with Kelly and Ryder, with Peverley centering Marchand and Recchi. Lines: Lucic-Krejci-Horton Marchand-Peverley-Recchi Campbell-Kelly-Ryder Paille-Whitfield-Thornton I like the idea of Peverley moving up to take Bergeron's spot, as he is also very good on draws and can play in all situations.  Whitfield was also 62% on draws in 4 playoff games last year after going 58% in 16 regular season games. 
    Posted by Crowls2424

Dear lord Crowls. I completely respect you around these parts, but Whitfield?
    Let's chalk it up to early morning on Mother's Day. Our head isn't in the game.

Everyone gets a free pass. During the 1st round, I once said they should drop Krejci down to the 4th line a few shifts and play Campbell on the top line. We all have those moments.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin In? : Dear lord Crowls. I completely respect you around these parts, but Whitfield? Let's chalk it up to early morning on Mother's Day. Our head isn't in the game. Everyone gets a free pass. During the 1st round, I once said they should drop Krejci down to the 4th line a few shifts and play Campbell on the top line. We all have those moments.
    Posted by asmaha

Didn't think it would be a popular choice, as I am struggling to see what Seguin's role would be.  The scenario that I mapped out does make sense to me, as Campbell is the player whose minutes dramatically increase.  Whitfield would also help on key draws and PK, where Seguin would not likely contribute.

Perfectly ready to take a beating for offering that point-of-view, as I know that I have done some Whitfield-bashing in the past.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Only a dimwit would bring in Whitfield, so we may yet see him San.

Camp is a 4th liner and a good one, he is an excellent PK guy, but he needs to stay south of the 3rd line.

I will say it here again Seguin takes Pev`s spot who in turn should take Berg`s spot. This is a no brainer.

clod being clod used Kelly for all shifts but 1 with March and Rec last game, hopefully he is done with that idea. Kelly is a 3rd liner, he is not above that, he has had an awesome playoff run, he has already 2G more than he had in season with B, leave him where he is too. Pev is a great checker, abundant speed and has some creativity.

To use checkers above their talent grade, teamwise would be no better than calling up Whitfield, then again PJ and Bitz have seen 1st line duties.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Only a dimwit would bring in Whitfield, so we may yet see him San. Camp is a 4th liner and a good one, he is an excellent PK guy, but he needs to stay south of the 3rd line. I will say it here again Seguin takes Pev`s spot who in turn should take Berg`s spot. This is a no brainer. clod being clod used Kelly for all shifts but 1 with March and Rec last game, hopefully he is done with that idea. Kelly is a 3rd liner, he is not above that, he has had an awesome playoff run, he has already 2G more than he had in season with B, leave him where he is too. Pev is a great checker, abundant speed and has some creativity. To use checkers above their talent grade, teamwise would be no better than calling up Whitfield, then again PJ and Bitz have seen 1st line duties.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

GOAT- "dimwit"... really?  Don't want to engage in a constructive conversation?

You really see a material difference between Campbell and Kelly, because I don't?  Both guys are effective/versatile 3rd-line type players to me.

If you are Guy Boucher, you are licking your chops to get your best forwards out against the Seguin-Kelly-Ryder line, not so sure he feels that way if Campbell plays on that line. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

^ And that is the difference between some posters. Making the same point (Whitfied? Really?). One acts like a DB. The other uses respect and gets a great point of view/conversation in return.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Goat - you had some good points, too.

2 mins for unsportsmanlike conduct, then come back and play hard.

The whole Kelly on the 2nd line confused me at first, but Kelly has been on a roll. To me, the player remaining who most resembles Bergeron is Peverly, so that's the guy I want to see up on the 2nd. As to where Seguin goes, why mess with lines when you don't have to? Have him play the wing with Kelly and Ryder. He's had some good chemistry with Ryder in the past, albeit it just a few games. Plus, Kelly and Ryder are strong enough defensively to make sure Seguin doesn't blow his coverage.

We're splitting hairs at this point, though. Campbell moving to the 2nd so the 3rd line doesn't change isn't a terrible idea. Seguin on the 4th to reduce minutes also isn't a bad idea. Let's at least thank Chiarelli for giving options. I think this "load up on center" theory a ton.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

As posted on another thread, IMO putting Campbell with Marchand and Recchi could be the best move because it leaves lines 1 and 3 alone. Then concentrate on the 4th line. It would be too much to expect Seguin to carry the 4th line duties, and to be a strong defensive contributor; so, let's drop Kelly to 4th line and add Seguin with Peverly and Ryder. Still leaves a major hole in Thornton. Wondeful guy, true blue Bruin, but he doea not skate well, control the puck well, or really help the team. Replacing Thornton with Caron should be a no-brainer. Much better skills in all aspects, particularly defensively. It's time to use these skilled "kids" much as Claude doesn't like it. Certainly trying it in game one is reasonable, although it does give Claude a "don't blame me" excuse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I'm sorry, but Whitfield should not even get close to to an NHL rink ever. He is a career AHL player, and not very good at that. Putting him in last year against th Flyers was idiotic. He offers NOTHING.    

n Response to Re: Seguin In?:
    I don't think Whitfield would be a horrible choice to play reduced 4th-line minutes with Paille and Thornton.  In that scenario, Campbell moves up to play on the 3rd-line with Kelly and Ryder, with Peverley centering Marchand and Recchi. Lines: Lucic-Krejci-Horton Marchand-Peverley-Recchi Campbell-Kelly-Ryder Paille-Whitfield-Thornton I like the idea of Peverley moving up to take Bergeron's spot, as he is also very good on draws and can play in all situations.  Whitfield was also 62% on draws in 4 playoff games last year after going 58% in 16 regular season games. 
    Posted by Crowls2424

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Only a dimwit would bring in Whitfield, so we may yet see him San."

GOAT and I know Julien is thinking about Trent Asmaha even so I'll just have to disagree with a knowledgeable Crowls. Then again if GOAT and I had it our way Sauve would be playing so there you have it...

Sections
Shortcuts