Seguin interview on NBC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Seguin interview on NBC

Did anyone notice that he was starting to choke up when replying to his playoff and Cup winning experience?

Did you hear him clearly when he said he wants to spend the rest of his career in Boston?

The kid is fully involved and deeply commited. That spells good times ahead for the Bruin populace.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Re: Seguin interview on NBC

Saw the interview. Let's hope.  I love watching the kid play and I definitely hope he becomes a franchise player.  I just wonder who will have to be given up in order to retain him and the contract he will demand in about a year and a half.  And does he eventually blossom into a centerman or do they keep him as a winger?  His potential says center but his speed makes him such a great winger.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

He was ranked #1 for a reason.

I honestly thought Tambi was going to go with a franchise centerman.  Now, they'd have Seguin and RNH down the middle as their top 6 pivots for years to come.  That's how you build a team.  Tisk, tisk, tisk Tambi.

NBC clip.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin interview on NBC:
    [QUOTE]He was ranked #1 for a reason. I honestly thought Tambi was going to go with a franchise centerman.  Now, they'd have Seguin and RNH down the middle as their top 6 pivots for years to come.  That's how you build a team.  Tisk, tisk, tisk Tambi. NBC clip .
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

100% Agree. been preaching this for a while now. Edm wonders why they are struggling now...... when they have good wingers buried in the minors and a bunch of scrubs outside of RNH at center.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I liked when he mentions how his life has changed so much .  " Living of the first time on his own"  and " First year out of highschool" .
    and yes you're  a " Stanley Cup winner" 
    Now that's a 360 .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

[QUOTE]I liked when he mentions how his life has changed so much .  " Living of the first time on his own"  and " First year out of highschool" Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

"Now get out there and mow my lawn kiddo. There is a twenty under the welcome mat and a bud light in the cooler under the deck."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Seguin remains a classy young man showing a solid family upbringing and a commitment to honesty. I do not think there will be any problem signing him as the example of Bergeron is right there, and Chiarelli has demonstrated smart decisions. However keeping this team together with Peverly and Kelly will be a challenge. One more reason to keep Hamlton in Providence for a year so that his second contract is delayed closer to Chara's retirement. Also another reason not to go after a high priced stud defenseman when quality mid range guys are available like Ference. Chiarelli has been very adept at looking forward and making good decisions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

just took a look at capgeek and chiarelli's challenge will not be an easy one. At the end of this year he has to re-sign Tuuka, Kreji,Kelly, Campbell, Paille Corvo, Boychuck, Thornton and pouliot.  The following year he has Lucic, Horton,Seguin, Marchand,Caron, Ference, and Kamfer.Peverly is allready signed going forward, so Chiarelli could start negotiations sooner rather than later with this early group

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I honestly don't think that they'll bring back Boychuck, Thorny or Pouliot. Corvo is a tossup.
    Paille, Campbell and Krejci won't get big pay increases (Krejci maybe a 1M/year bump up).
    Lucic, Horton, Ference will all stay the same in terms of salary, maybe a slight dip on Ference and Horton.
    Seguin and Marchand will both get good raises.
    Kampfer and Caron may get SLIGHT pay-raises, but not by much. Neither has done anything to prove themselves beyond showing that they CAN play at this level, but not really exceed expectations.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

[QUOTE]I honestly don't think that they'll bring back Boychuck, Thorny or Pouliot. Corvo is a tossup. Paille, Campbell and Krejci won't get big pay increases (Krejci maybe a 1M/year bump up). Lucic, Horton, Ference will all stay the same in terms of salary, maybe a slight dip on Ference and Horton. Seguin and Marchand will both get good raises. Kampfer and Caron may get SLIGHT pay-raises, but not by much. Neither has done anything to prove themselves beyond showing that they CAN play at this level, but not really exceed expectations.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

Lucic will command a raise if he puts up 30 again this year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to Seguin interview on NBC:
    [QUOTE]Did anyone notice that he was starting to choke up when replying to his playoff and Cup winning experience? Did you hear him clearly when he said he wants to spend the rest of his career in Boston? The kid is fully involved and deeply commited. That spells good times ahead for the Bruin populace.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

thats great until his agent at some point says forget that kid, i can get you more $$ elsewhere

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Seguin interview on NBC : thats great until his agent at some point says forget that kid, i can get you more $$ elsewhere
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I'm sure Tyler won't realize it until his agent brings it up? It isn't all about the most cash for some players. Besides, he's going to make some reasonable cash in Boston anyways. Maybe he likes the idea of becoming one of the kings of a great sports town. Maybe he looks up to and admires a guy like Bergeron, who's been here since he was 18 and just might never leave. Maybe he's just telling the truth about how he feels. It seems strange that you'd just assume he'll leave. Boston has a fairly long history of great players who retired as long serving Bruins. The Bruins aren't the sort of team/city that most guys want to leave and maybe Seguin will feel the same......especially since he's had nothing but success in Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Yeah when he said "I want to play my entire career in Boston"  I was like DONE DEAL kid!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

He sure looks like the real deal and fitting the Bruins mold. Even noticed he seems to be playing with a bit more of an edge/toughness this year. I think he only gets better as he matures. And I hope he's sincere when he says he wants to stay........and doesn't get lured away by big $$.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]He sure looks like the real deal and fitting the Bruins mold. Even noticed he seems to be playing with a bit more of an edge/toughness this year. I think he only gets better as he matures. And I hope he's sincere when he says he wants to stay........and doesn't get lured away by big $$.
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

He will eventually demand the big $$$

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin interview on NBC : He will eventually demand the big $$$
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    The Bruins have the right to match any offer for at least 5 more years. I'm not going to worry about what might happen for a long while yet. At least a couple of Cups from now.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin interview on NBC : The Bruins have the right to match any offer for at least 5 more years. I'm not going to worry about what might happen for a long while yet. At least a couple of Cups from now.......
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

100%.

But we'de be fooling ourselves if he won't get the big bucks and play in Boston.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin interview on NBC : 100%. But we'de be fooling ourselves if he won't get the big bucks and play in Boston.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    The Bruins gave Joe Thornton the league max at one point so if Seguin deserves it, PC will figure out a way to give it to him. Regardless, he may be willing to take slightly less just to be happy and to keep playing on a winner. It's not the craziest idea ever. Players have done it in Detroit for years and then there's Selanne. He's given a hometown discount to the Ducks on more than 1 occasion just because living/playing there makes him happy. Seguin's going to be mega-rich no matter what so maybe losing an extra couple million over the course of a career won't be such a big deal. I know it's rare......but it does happen.