Seguin is a Forward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Seguin is a Forward

I'd really like to see this - give Bergeron some help and make the 2nd line stronger. I think playing with Thornton and Campbell would do wonders for Seguin -

Lucic-Savard-Marchand
    Recchi-Bergeron-Horton
    Ryder-Krejci-Wheeler
    Thornton-Seguin-Campbell

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin is a Forward:
    [QUOTE]I'd really like to see this - give Bergeron some help and make the 2nd line stronger. I think playing with Thornton and Campbell would do wonders for Seguin - Lucic-Savard-Marchand Recchi-Bergeron-Horton Ryder-Krejci-Wheeler Thornton-Seguin-Campbell
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    I don't mind the looks of those lines at all.I'm just saying Seguin is going to be getting better with each game regardless if he's at center or wing.We all know Bergeron moved to wing early on and had some of his best years goal-wise.It's not a bad problem to have great depth at center especially since we're planning on Seguin being here for the next decade or more.He'll be a #1 center at some point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin is a Forward:[QUOTE]I'd really like to see this - give Bergeron some help and make the 2nd line stronger. I think playing with Thornton and Campbell would do wonders for Seguin - Lucic-Savard-Marchand Recchi-Bergeron-Horton Ryder-Krejci-Wheeler Thornton-Seguin-Campbell
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Marchand now has the game to adapt to any line on the Bruins as DZ said I wouldn't be opposed to those lines either Jdub.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

What an NHL center needs more than anything else is vision and a feel for the pace of the game. The best centers dictate that pace, and make everyone around them better. I don't see Seguin playing that role just yet....seems like he could use some seasoning on the wing simply to learn the tendencies and strengths of other players. It'll also give him confidence to have less on-ice responsibility.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin is a Forward : Marchand now has the game to adapt to any line on the Bruins as DZ said I wouldn't be opposed to those lines either Jdub.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Marchand isn't far removed from being a big point producing World Junior star.Marchand producing points like Kris Draper did in his best years isn't out of the question.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

I, too, was at the game last night and the kid didn't look out of place at centre. Won a few draws as well. Marchand didn't do much from my viewpoint.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I, too, was at the game last night and the kid didn't look out of place at centre. Won a few draws as well. Marchand didn't do much from my viewpoint.
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]
    My point is that he's good enough to do well at either position so it's not stunting his development to have him on the wing if need be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Going by what PC said. "We want to build with the draft!" Right now Seguin is the B's best future player & has the most talent. All this talk about where Seguin is better suited wing/center? Is it possible that the B's brass have decided that Tyler is the one that's more versitile than any of the other prospects? Is it possible that since they're overloaded at certain positions & not so much others; that they want the Caron's, Spooners & Colborne's to concentrate at their natural positions? And depending on the B's need at a certain time that Bergeron & Seguin are the two that can move around & be effective at both, so that they can fit some of the other kids in? I'm not a CJ fan, but I do think he's a fantastic coach when it comes to teaching defence. So, maybe that has a lot to do with Tyler being shifted back & forth. Center to help his play @ both ends & wing to help him continue to grow in the offensive side of the puck @ the elite level.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Going by what PC said. "We want to build with the draft!" Right now Seguin is the B's best future player & has the most talent. All this talk about where Seguin is better suited wing/center? Is it possible that the B's brass have decided that Tyler is the one that's more versitile than any of the other prospects? Is it possible that since they're overloaded at certain positions & not so much others; that they want the Caron's, Spooners & Colborne's to concentrate at their natural positions? And depending on the B's need at a certain time that Bergeron & Seguin are the two that can move around & be effective at both, so that they can fit some of the other kids in? I'm not a CJ fan, but I do think he's a fantastic coach when it comes to teaching defence. So, maybe that has a lot to do with Tyler being shifted back & forth. Center to help his play @ both ends & wing to help him continue to grow in the offensive side of the puck @ the elite level.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    I think you're on to something there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

just really happy he is playing...slowly but surely ....learning and getting better and better.. no pressure because he is not looked at to be the leader ..just to be responsible def and off.    i like what i see and i like how julien is using him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]just really happy he is playing...slowly but surely ....learning and getting better and better.. no pressure because he is not looked at to be the leader ..just to be responsible def and off.    i like what i see and i like how julien is using him
    Posted by north1234[/QUOTE]
    It seems most Bruins fans are in favour of the way CJ has brought Seguin along.The small minority  who think otherwise are convinced he's being ruined beyond repair.He's been getting  better  with every game and I expect that trend to continue whether it be as a wing or a center.He's just that good.