Seguin / Krejci

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

Seguin / Krejci

After reading some posts about either, benching/moving or trading these guys, I felt it necessary to convey something.

Both Krejci, and Seguin, are young, talented, players that are not "standing out" on this team because the overall team is really good.  When they play to win, they win.  It doesn't matter who the opponent is. 

Seguin is in his rookie season, playing on a Stanley Cup contender.  Very few rookies, no matter who they are/were, ever stand/stood out in that scenario.  Think about it.

As for Krecji...  well, he's +12!!! (Anyone who truly understands hockey knows the most important stat is hockey plus/minus).  Cut the guy some slack.  He's earned it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Seguin / Krejci

Everyone forgets that DK had a busted wrist which im sure affects his game a bit and a concussion and the fact that the Bs havent tied him to a permanent line yet but now that savys out it should be set. Seguin I have mentioned before IMO remind you wasnt NHL ready, im not sure him being on the roster was a good idea, hes young and will improve as he grows.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kreji is "outstanding" as Nathan Horton states. That's a pretty positive comment. Julien states that "Kreji makes the team better". What more can you want. Seguin still looks unsettled, and That has more to do with Julien and other coaches dictating what they want him to do. He is allowed very little of the freedom that produced a goal in his second game. The kid is following orders and has been shuffled all over the lineup, not exactly the best way to develop a young player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

In Response to Seguin / Krejci:
    [QUOTE] (Anyone who truly understands hockey knows the most important stat is hockey plus/minus). 
    Posted by everyname[/QUOTE]

ummm.... no.  Plus/minus can be one of the most overrated/misleading stats as it is heavily influenced by whether you are on a winning or losing team.

However, the rest of your post is solid.  Krejci and Seguin are doing just fine.  Those who expect Seguin to be a top line centre in his rookie season have been doomed to disappointment all season.  Give the kid some time, he'll be fine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin / Krejci:
    [QUOTE]Kreji is "outstanding" as Nathan Horton states. That's a pretty positive comment. Julien states that "Kreji makes the team better". What more can you want. Seguin still looks unsettled, and That has more to do with Julien and other coaches dictating what they want him to do. He is allowed very little of the freedom that produced a goal in his second game. The kid is following orders and has been shuffled all over the lineup, not exactly the best way to develop a young player.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

I really gotta disagree with part of the Seguin thing Bogie.  I don't think it's at all fair to blame coaching, or playing time on anyone other than Seguin...but I'm cutting him some slack too.  This is the big time...not minor hockey.  There should be no entitlement, especially to a rookie who has yet to earn any.  An NHL player has to learn the pro game, executional responsibility, and he has to learn the team dynamic.  Some catch on quicker than others, and there are many examples of past NHL greats, who didn't start to blossom until their 3rd or 4th year.  Unfortunately, some highly skilled kids, never become highly skilled men, but in virtually every case, that falls squarely on their shoulders, not someone elses.
    It's not yet time to lay any blame on Seguins development.  It is somewhat disappointing to hear some experts say his play has "digressed" over the last while, but he's still very, very young.  Perhaps the expectation of the fan base, exceeds that of the organization.  Perhaps the pressure of that is a factor. Maybe he should have spent another year in junior, maybe he's nursing a nagging injury, maybe he's tired.  We don't really know.  In any event, at this stage, it's only fair to assume he's a potential bright light, and the ball is in his court, and he alone, has to figure out a way to run with it.  Next year at this time, things should be much clearer.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoBruins02169. Show GoBruins02169's posts

Seguin needs to have consitent positions and partners if we want him to progress. 

if you keep changing his environment around all the time, the kid needs to adjust all the time.  Claude's in a tough spot, though, because he has a center problem.  Or I should say HAD a center problem.  Now that Savvy's shut down for the season, keep a Krejci/Bergy/Wheels/Soup middle and put Seguin on the right of Bergy, with Young Man Recchi on the left.  now the kid plays with one of the game's best centers and most experienced winger.  he can learn, settle down and worry about his game, rather than who he's playing with. 

It's a tough spot all around though when your #1 playmaker is uncertain at best....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin needs to have consitent positions and partners if we want him to progress.  if you keep changing his environment around all the time, the kid needs to adjust all the time.  Claude's in a tough spot, though, because he has a center problem.  Or I should say HAD a center problem.  Now that Savvy's shut down for the season, keep a Krejci/Bergy/Wheels/Soup middle and put Seguin on the right of Bergy, with Young Man Recchi on the left.  now the kid plays with one of the game's best centers and most experienced winger.  he can learn, settle down and worry about his game, rather than who he's playing with.  It's a tough spot all around though when your #1 playmaker is uncertain at best....
    Posted by GoBruins02169[/QUOTE]

You cant be serious about splitting up Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi best line in the NHL in January. Dont mess with that sucess Bergy-Seguin didnt exactly click. That leaves you playing Seguin with Wheeler which I hate. Wheeler quite obviously confuses the crap out of the kid when they play together. Throws seguins game completely off.

I think a line of Seguin-Hamil-Ryder is more than worth a shot. It would be offensively gifted and the defense is something that would obviously cause Julien serious heart palpatations. But I think the potential is there for it to work.

IMO Wheeler is a 4th liner. I just havent been a fan of his play really. However, he is no doubt a 5th degree blackbelt in taking a penalty at the wrong time, and the leader of a cult several members on these boards belong to lol!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

No, no, no.
    You don't breakup the line that produced the NHL 1st star of the month for any reason when you are trying to gain seperation from your division.
    Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi are gold right now.
    If anything I'd go:
    Marchand - Bergeron - Recchi
    Lucic - Wheeler - Seguin
    Ryder - Krejci - Horton
    Paille - Campbell - Thornton.

Ryder and Horton were looking good with Savvy for a while before he got flattened, and with Wheeler and Seguin's speed, added to Lucic's hard play I like the potential, especially where you have to defensively sound players to cover for Seguin.

[QUOTE]Seguin needs to have consitent positions and partners if we want him to progress.  if you keep changing his environment around all the time, the kid needs to adjust all the time.  Claude's in a tough spot, though, because he has a center problem.  Or I should say HAD a center problem.  Now that Savvy's shut down for the season, keep a Krejci/Bergy/Wheels/Soup middle and put Seguin on the right of Bergy, with Young Man Recchi on the left.  now the kid plays with one of the game's best centers and most experienced winger.  he can learn, settle down and worry about his game, rather than who he's playing with.  It's a tough spot all around though when your #1 playmaker is uncertain at best....
    Posted by GoBruins02169[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Seguin played 6:47mins last game ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (if Seguin plays more often)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

"www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9be306ad06efbb0996e7da2e1d2c0596&plckUserId=9be306ad06efbb0996e7da2e1d2c0596" target="_parent">RascalHoudi " I appreciate the response, however you mention losing teams and such. 

Well, I gues we define good player differently.  In my opinion, a "good" player makes the entire team better as a whole, thus from that perspective, plus/minus is the real "tell all" when it comes to a players worth. 

Just my opinion though, this discussion is always interesting, because it brings out the various viewpoints from which, people watch the game.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think I understand what you are saying, but I think that +/- is a very misleading stat.  It take no considerations on matchups, goaltending, and the roles different lines play.

Certain players always get matched up against the best line on the other team, certain lines play very conservatively, lots of goals are scored while some type of line change is taking place, etc.  Maybe over the season, the true value gets hashed out some, but for guys like Bergeron who always get matched against the top talent of other teams, he is handicapped in +/-

Every Bruins +/- is inflated this year on account of the goaltending they have received behind them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Seguin is learning how to play hockey again. NHL hockey. Did anyone listen to his interview at the All Star break ? He said it's a different game here. All rookies find that out. He's lucky he has the cast of characters around him to make him better. He'll be fine. Will he be a 20 goal scorer ? A 30 goal scorer ? No one can tell. He's got ton's of speed, good hands and a good shot. Let's hope that means a ton of goals for the Bruins in the future. Krejci is dripping with talent. Nuf said there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]" www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9be306ad06efbb0996e7da2e1d2c0596&plckUserId=9be306ad06efbb0996e7da2e1d2c0596 " target="_parent" /> RascalHoudi " I appreciate the response, however you mention losing teams and such.  Well, I gues we define good player differently.  In my opinion, a "good" player makes the entire team better as a whole, thus from that perspective, plus/minus is the real "tell all" when it comes to a players worth.  Just my opinion though, this discussion is always interesting, because it brings out the various viewpoints from which, people watch the game.   
    Posted by everyname[/QUOTE]
    I think ice time is the "real tell all" regarding a players worth.How often the coach gives you the tap to jump on the ice is the best indication of your value to the team(at least in that coaches opinion).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Seguin looks like the equivalent of the little league infielder who plays the ground ball off to the side because he is scared of it bouncing up and hitting him in the face, and ends up making an error of half the balls hit his way because of it.  His 1 on 1 battles are half hearted attempts to win the puck, usually with a poke check from a safe distance instead of psysical contact, and when he has the puck with someone from the opposing team skating at him, he panicks and gets rid of the puck as fast as possible which usually ends up on the tape of the other team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudduck72. Show mudduck72's posts

while i would never trade dk he really is not a first line center and he only strives when a true number 1 is playing ahead of him,and seguin really s--ks! he looks just awful out there. watching skinner play really enforces my opinion.he looks totally lost and wants nothing to do with the body or the puck!we have too many players like that krejci, wheeler,ryder,seguin,

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Can't turn back time obviously but i wonder if it would have been best case scenario if the bruins lost out on the top 2 spots and instead had to pick third.

I doubt PC would reach for skinner (maybe trade down for him) , maybe gudbranson but likely Cam Fowler would have been picked. 

Fowler would have been an incredible addition to our lineup and we wouldn't have all of this worry about having a PP QB. 

Getting back to reality, Seguin has been a disappointment for me thus far (everyone knows). He carried his junior team literally on his back , co won the scoring race only in his second season (no wonder he was ranked #1 prospect) and you would think he would show alot more heart and leadership capabilities even in his first year of the nhl. 

He could very well be in the wrong nhl team. Maybe a team like Florida would have been a better place for him, where he would have less pressure to play Bruins style hockey, and play with a bad team that mimics his junior team

Right now my conclusion about the kid is that he may not have the stomach to play in the nhl  or he doesn't adapt very well but when he does, he will prove to everyone why he was drafted #2

After all the Sedin twins were quite mediocre in their first 4 or 5 seasons in the league before they became elite players in the past few years. They never shyed away from normal nhl hockey contact even from the beginning. It really bothers me how Seguin doesn't want to be hit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

[QUOTE]Can't turn back time obviously but i wonder if it would have been best case scenario if the bruins lost out on the top 2 spots and instead had to pick third. I doubt PC would reach for skinner (maybe trade down for him) , maybe gudbranson but likely Cam Fowler would have been picked. 
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Or in hindsight, just traded up a spot to get Hall.  Probably wouldn't of taken too much to get it done, both were ranked about the same caliber on draft day.

Sections
Shortcuts