Seguin lights the lamp in game 1 win!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Seguin lights the lamp in game 1 win!!!

I dont know why but I think this will be the front page of the globe on Sunday morning.  I think this kid is pissed that hes been benched so far and is hungry to prove himself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Seguin lights the lamp in game 1 win!!!

You're my kind of guy, prob.

If he had been given a chance during the year, Tyler would have figured things out a long time ago.

Tyler won't allow himself to be left behind. Plus, he has an added incentive to prove something to his old buddy, Steven Stamkos.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stitchy4. Show Stitchy4's posts

Boys, I agree Tyler is going to step in and play great he has too sitting out the first two round has to light a fire under you to want to play !! Come on drop the puck this is killing me let's get this war started...... Go Bruins !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

Liked him and Marchant on the PP during the reg season, hopefully he gets another shot

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I thought about going and asking a psychic about the game, but it appears someone already got the low down. Cracks me up how everyone worships this kid.... Of course Im hoping he does well as well, but Im just hoping the B's win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

marshmont

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

WHEN DID THE B'S GET TODD MARCHANT???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

This could be one of those rare occasions where the replacement is better than the man he replaced. That's if Seguin gets some open ice and enough playing time. Bergeron's 2 goals will be easy to replace, but Seguin will have to use his speed to pick up Peverley's and Ryder's games. That could be a good line. I predict Tyler has 3 or 4 goals in him this series if given power play and 16-18 minutes a game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

did you really just say that seguin is going to better than bergeron?  HAHAHA. i mean love the kid, love what he brings to the table. but he hasnt proven anything yet. i hope to god he can show us something but saying that he is going to be better than bergeron is a joke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Tyler Seguin could score 5 or 6 and still wouldn't be better than Patrice Bergeron.  To think he will is delusional or ignorant of what Bergeron brings to a hockey game.  That said, count me in the group that is excited for his debut.  He's a pure scoring talent that is fun to watch.  And everyone loves a young hero/savior story.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

exactly oatescam. bergeron is so much more to the team than scornig, even tho he does provide offense

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin lights the lamp in game 1 win!!!:
    [QUOTE]did you really just say that seguin is going to better than bergeron?  HAHAHA. i mean love the kid, love what he brings to the table. but he hasnt proven anything yet. i hope to god he can show us something but saying that he is going to be better than bergeron is a joke.
    Posted by Billy-Chapel[/QUOTE]
    I guess O.E.C. fancies himself a comedian although I figured as much when,after the Kaberle trade,he claimed that Colborne would be the next Esposito.I laughed and laughed and then realized he must've meant Angelo Esposito. Bergeron is Boston's best player but O.E.C. figures "Bergeron's 2 goals will be easy to replace".Oh well,he might as well be funny if he can't be right.
    On a side note, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Seguin keeps saying the right things.........

“Every day, I get more excited, more anxious, and ready to get started, like everyone else in here,” he said.

“My mood’s been better, I’ve obviously been happier because we’re winning. It’s tough not being around. You get driven a little crazy just watching all the time, especially when your team is down and you can’t do anything to help but sit there and yell at the ice. It’s definitely nice to be in the lineup.”

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin lights the lamp in game 1 win!!! : I guess O.E.C. fancies himself a comedian although I figured as much when,after the Kaberle trade,he claimed that Colborne would be the next Esposito.I laughed and laughed and then realized he must've meant Angelo Esposito. Bergeron is Boston's best player but O.E.C. figures "Bergeron's 2 goals will be easy to replace".Oh well,he might as well be funny if he can't be right.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Or he's just dumb. One or the other.

I do see seguin scoring a few goals though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin lights the lamp in game 1 win!!! : Or he's just dumb. One or the other. I do see seguin scoring a few goals though.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    ILH, I agree about Seguin being a contributor this series but for O.E.C. to say anything about Bergeron's game is "easy to replace"......well that's just silly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Sure be nice to see some hockey again.  Attempting to discuss/validate/debate someones vision of the Globes, Sunday headlines sure ain't cuttin it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

As someone, generally, frustrated by Claude Julien's ultra-conservative approach to coaching - his play not-to-lose (different than playing to win..) (the difference between playing on you toes and playing on your heels)(wins games but not Championships) - I must say I am impressed with his decision to insert Tyler Seguin into the line-up in Patrice Bergeron's absence.

Finally, Claude, takes the 'dare-to-be-great' option. This is a decision that carries a higher degree of risk, but also, a chance at greater reward.

Given all I've seen of Julien these last years, I would have expected Claude to call up any number of guys before Seguin - Yes, even Trent Whitfield.

If this pans out the way it could, it would mark the turning point in Claude Julien's career; where he went from being a good coach to a great one, from a winning coach to just 'winner'.
    I, for one, hope it does. To the benefit of us all.

Winner's make these kinda decisions. Good on him

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin lights the lamp in game 1 win!!! : ILH, I agree about Seguin being a contributor this series but for O.E.C. to say anything about Bergeron's game is "easy to replace"......well that's just silly.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yeah I found the post as dumb as everyone else. I mean an unproven rookie replacing your playoff Points Leader, Face off man, PK forward etc... is never an improvement.

But I suspect that the "unproven rookie" will be less unproven after this series.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

To be fair, Seguin is not replacing Bergeron an dhis responsibilities in the lineup. Either Kelly or Peverly is. Seguin will be taking the spot of which one moves up to Patrice's usual place. It is insane to put such high expecations on a 19 year old who has yet to see a game in the playoffs.

I will be happy if he plays 12 solid error free minutes and has a few chances to bury one with his cannon-like shot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

The lines reported today for the power play has Peverly playing on the 2nd unit instead of Seguin.  Give the kid a chance on the PP, he's got to bring more to the table than Peverly

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

As the ever incorrect Dezarucci misunderstood one again, I said 2 goals would be easy to replace, and the offensive upside of a second overall draft choice MAY be an upgrade over Bergeron's historical numbers. If Dezarucci (and a few others) can't understand, 3 or 4 goals is an upgrade over 2 goals. Dezzi must be Dizzy lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

[QUOTE]As the ever incorrect Dezarucci misunderstood one again, I said 2 goals would be easy to replace, and the offensive upside of a second overall draft choice MAY be an upgrade over Bergeron's historical numbers. If Dezarucci (and a few others) can't understand, 3 or 4 goals is an upgrade over 2 goals. Dezzi must be Dizzy lol
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Dont even bother trying to respond. you already made a fool of yourself once. yeah no sh.it 3 or 4 goals is more/better than 2.  but bergeron does all the intangibles and little things almost to perfection. just stop.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin lights the lamp in game 1 win!!! : Dont even bother trying to respond. you already made a fool of yourself once. yeah no sh.it 3 or 4 goals is more/better than 2.  but bergeron does all the intangibles and little things almost to perfection. just stop.
    Posted by Billy-Chapel[/QUOTE]
    Hey Billy, the sad part is that was one of O.E.C.'s better replies. His m.o. is to say something absurd and then try to turn it around when he gets called out on it.He now claims we're just not smart enough to get the point he was trying to make..... it's like debating a child. What I enjoy most is the fact he thinks he knows more than anyone else......like I said, at least his opinion is good for a laugh(classic how he changed my name from Dez to Dizzy.I haven't heard jokes so good since elementary school).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]As someone, generally, frustrated by Claude Julien's ultra-conservative approach to coaching - his play not-to-lose (different than playing to win..) (the difference between playing on you toes and playing on your heels)(wins games but not Championships) - I must say I am impressed with his decision to insert Tyler Seguin into the line-up in Patrice Bergeron's absence. Finally, Claude, takes the 'dare-to-be-great' option. This is a decision that carries a higher degree of risk, but also, a chance at greater reward. Given all I've seen of Julien these last years, I would have expected Claude to call up any number of guys before Seguin - Yes, even Trent Whitfield. If this pans out the way it could, it would mark the turning point in Claude Julien's career; where he went from being a good coach to a great one, from a winning coach to just 'winner'. I, for one, hope it does. To the benefit of us all. Winner's make these kinda decisions. Good on him
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

Inserting Seguin was a no brainer!  CJ has earned his stripes this playoff season by the way he has matched lines and by the way he has doled out the minutes to players.  Inserting Seguin was not a decision, as there was no question he would be the first forward inserted if an injury arose.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yes, it has nothing to do with fear of chances or any of that stuff.  It was simply about going with the best possible lineup.  Seguin was next in line based on what he contributes to the team.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin lights the lamp in game 1 win!!! : Inserting Seguin was a no brainer!  CJ has earned his stripes this playoff season by the way he has matched lines and by the way he has doled out the minutes to players.  Inserting Seguin was not a decision, as there was no question he would be the first forward inserted if an injury arose.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

All I can say is that I hope he plays well and the Bruins win--- thats all that matters, but burrying one would be nice.

Sections
Shortcuts