Seguin Looked Real Good @ OTT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Seguin Looked Real Good @ OTT

I thought it was one of his best games even though he didn't get on the score sheet -- played physical, battled and had more presence, made smart decisions, all while utilizing his speed.

Hopefully this upward trend continues and he forces his way onto the third line to form the speed line with Pev and Kelly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Re: Seguin Looked Real Good @ OTT

At times he played physical. I noticed at times where I said to myself, he should have taken the body on that one...along the boards. I think he is playing better though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Yes, much better than I've seen.  He was more involved, even threw a body check or two.  Still seemed to be reacting a bit too much rather than anticipating, but that's the learning curve.  It's going to take a while, but there were signs of what we are getting last night. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin Looked Real Good @ OTT:
    At times he played physical. I noticed at times where I said to myself, he should have taken the body on that one...along the boards. I think he is playing better though.
    Posted by montecristo

I agree completely. A few times he played it perfectly. He slammed a guy into the boards last night in a way that looked like he's stronger than people think (admittedly he had a leverage advantage). Other times I thought, "why are you just staring at the guy with the puck?" followed by a scoring chance for Ottawa. It's like Tyler locks up mentally sometimes. Trying to remember too many things in the middle of a game can do that and having people focusing on his every shift certainly has to make it tougher. 

One area that he has to get better at is aggressively attacking right off a faceoff (when appropriate). He was noticeably "not as good as the other guys" at that last night. Those split-second differences create too much space and that extra space generally becomes a good scoring chance.

He got more comfortable as the game went on, but the only thing he did consistently effectively last night was the forecheck. He has a unique style as he pesters the puck carrier. While most people get one good wack in, Tyler gets like 5 per second. It throws the puck carrier off pretty consistently.

Thornton has another game or two of not really contributing anything offensively before he should sit for Paille, IMO. I'm not sure what the advantage is to playing Thornton over Paille, except for the fighting. Paille seems better both offensively and defensively, and he seems to like to get the puck to Tyler so it's a win/win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

against the worst team in the league...slow down

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Is it just me or is everytime Campbell or Thornton have the puck and Seguin is open they elect to shoot?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Seguin is doing as well as we can expect playing with Campbell [ helpful] and Thornton [ totally unprepared , no skills]. Once Claude plays him with quality linemates we will really see his potential.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Just wanted to add that Tyler found his way to the front of the net last night and almost had a scoring chance as a result. If he can get strong enough to do that more often, his ability to pick the puck out of traffic and get a quick shot off could come in very handy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

seguin was arguably the best bruin on the ice(save rask) last nite. i like how he has progressed over the past month. his decision making and positioning are much improved. his progress should not be measured by goals and assists. i like where he's at-

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I just dont get it ...keeping Seguin on the 4th line is a waste just like it was a waste to keep Marchand on the 4th earlier this season ....switch Kelly to the 4th and bring Seguin on the 3rd ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jodawo11. Show jodawo11's posts

Seguin needs another chance on the power play...how many times do you keep rolling out the same people on the PP with no success??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Don't know what game you were all watching, but I thought he looked avg.
    He made one really bad play that had CJ shaking his head.

He's young. I don't give him much thought, unless he scores.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think being on the 4th line helps his development in one certain way, that he can get time and space to try something.

But being on the 4th line, he gets limited minutes.

To me the solution is obvious, in games v. teams with no goon, sit Thornton.

Then you'd have a 4th line with some actual talent and Campbell would be the low talent guy.  Which would not be bad at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Seguin is still learning positional play and the defensive side of the game.  He is accused of being "soft" periiodically here, but I think it is a matter of being able to in an area to hit or be aggressive without sacrificing his defensive positionally (CJs system).  If he hesitates to hit it those reasons not that he is timid imo.  As for his offense, once he learns the defensive play enough his offensive skills then will fit better into the team play.  Yes, it will not be on the fourth line when that happens.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ortiztheman2003. Show ortiztheman2003's posts

Would like to see him get a chance with Bergy and Marchand with Paille getting a game here and there on line 4. This would give Rechhi a game or 2 off to have him fresh for a hopefully deep playoff run.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

ortiz... i like where he's at right now, but, if rex takes a game or two off , i'd like to see him with bergy's line also. patrice has a way of making everyone around him better-not to mention he usually cleans up their mess. let one of the other rooks fill in on the 4th line for that time

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ortiztheman2003. Show ortiztheman2003's posts

ortiz... i like where he's at right now, but, if rex takes a game or two off , i'd like to see him with bergy's line also. patrice has a way of making everyone around him better-not to mention he usually cleans up their mess. let one of the other rooks fill in on the 4th line for that time
    Posted by adkbeesfan

ya i think tylers speed would really compliment that line but it might take more than a few games to let them gel. that being said ,it might b a good time now to find out if they would clik b4 playoff time

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Posted by adkbeesfan

Agree with you and Ortiz on this one.  I have liked the way they are easing Seguin into the league(see Joe Thorton for a comparable rookie season), but i'd also like to see him get a few games on another line.  I would even be happy with Seguin getting a shot with Pev and Kelly-his speed would be a great match on that line...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BWall77. Show BWall77's posts

Don't know what game you were all watching, but I thought he looked avg. He made one really bad play that had CJ shaking his head. He's young. I don't give him much thought, unless he scores.
    Posted by perrysound

I agree. I thought that was probably the worst game from Seguin on the road trip. He was very hesitant on the fore check and took himself of out a lot of the plays when he made his hits. He did a great job crashing the net but on that line it should be Thornton or Campbell crashing the net. With all that said, he has a crazy amount of talent and will eventually turn into the star that everyone is expecting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

The sooner they put Seguin with real scorers the better. The coach is trying to turn a thoroughbred into a draft horse. Seguin has skill. Let'm loose for Pete's sake. Play him till his arms get tired from shooting!

Sections
Shortcuts