Seguin looking really good against Calgary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Seguin looking really good against Calgary

I usually dont say a lot of good things about seguin but he has looked really good tonight.  Offensively he has made some nice moves to get some nice shots.  He has made some great defensive plays and every time hes on the ice the announcers are calling his name.  It still seems like CJ is holding him back though.  He made a couple of nice plays early in the second but then you didnt see him again until halfway through the third.  The kid is really starting to act confident dont hold him back now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: Seguin looking really good against Calgary

very solid in all 3 zones.

Me likeeee

good team game all around

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

agreed best part of his game 2nite was on the backcheck

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'd say it's been four games but either way he does not look out of position and he's firing the puck when he gets a lane good stuff they need him for this stretch run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

It's time to see him get some minutes.  Very frustrating to not even see him out there for the 4th line's first shift of the third.  What does the kid have to do?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And there are those who will still insist that he isn't NHL ready and that he should be sent back to juniors.

I thought he would come around in February.

I would not be the least bit surprised to see him keep this growth/comfort momentum going, he is that kind of player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I thought the same thing.  Tonight it looked he's turned the corner into a kid who believes he belongs. 

The best part was that he didn't look good just because of raw talent like before, he looked good because he was really competing and winning 50/50 battles.  He didn't look afraid to get hit either.

It's great to see.  We all know the sky is the limit if he gets going.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Great game Tyler and nice road win Bruins!!  As the new guys start to get more familiar with their team-mates this team should get even better. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Fletcher1: "He didn't look afraid to get hit either."
    I noticed this also tonight. C'mon kid. Keep it up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

I was thinking Seguin looked really good tonight too.   Boychuk also stepped up his game. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin looking really good against Calgary:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking Seguin looked really good tonight too.   Boychuk also stepped up his game. 
    Posted by CamOJonasink[/QUOTE]

its funny how much harder they play when ice time is on the line. couldnt claude take some of ryders ice time to get him play like it meant something.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I agree, Seguin has looked quite poised. I have also noticed that some guys have tried to hit the kid but as soon as they hit him they end up on the ice. That makes me laugh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

[QUOTE]It's time to see him get some minutes.  Very frustrating to not even see him out there for the 4th line's first shift of the third.  What does the kid have to do?
    Posted by derrickmorin[/QUOTE]

Hope bout...put on some size for strength, forecheck, score, assist...etc...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Unfortunately I haven't been able to see much of the recent games due to a Perfect Storm of work, baby birthdays and in-law visits. Glad to hear that Seguin is playing well. Is it fair to say he has benefitted from the way he's been handled and the rest he got a few weeks back? Where are all those guys who were complaining about how his confidence would be ruined?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I say if Horton keeps being cold Seguin deserves a shot with Krejc and Luch.  At least a try!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He's still a bit fuzzy on his positioning as a winger in the D zone, especially when the puck's being scrambled down low.  I keep seeing him floating at the top of the circle where he's too far from any opposing player to check him and too far from the boards to be available to chip out a ring-around.  He is getting more involved physically, but he has a long way to go in terms of playing the wing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

With the way Bergeron and Marchand have been playing, I think Seguin would be an excellent fit with them. Those two are responsible enough defensively (both on the PK) to cover for Seguin, while TS adds an interesting speed element to that line and more offense than Rex.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

BB, he's only doing what Claude directs him to do. That way he gets some ice time, and can flash the goodies.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

I thought he took a step back grit-wise last night. Lots of faux stick checks, didn't take advantage of the opportunity to put a body on people, and a couple of out of control backchecks where he spun himself out of good position. 

The offensive stuff and the picking the puck out of the pile in the corners is what he's been doing all year. The difference a few games ago was a greater willingness to put a body on people. I didn't mind Claude shortening the bench last night and with the team as it is now, I wouldn't worry about it going forward.

This is the what the team is. Sound defensive hockey is what they do. Tyler still doesn't do that well enough (especially with Peverly's sick speed and Kelly's swarming D) but his ability to create a scoring chance out of nowhere will hopefully justify him avoiding future scratches. 4th line minutes are fine for now, IMO.

I thought Thornton looked disinterested last night and has been going through the motions lately. I hope he is the scratch if one is necessary. I also think Paille works better with Tyler offensively.

All of the usual disclaimers apply (Tyler will be fine (ugggh)... Tyler has great skill... I want to see him on the power play, etc.) but as long as they win, I'm not going to worry about his ice time any more.

BTW, it seems like teams forecheck much more aggressively against Tyler's line. Maybe it's just me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I really think that the few games that he was healthy scratch made the difference ...this kid has so much talent ...its a waste to keep him on the fourth line just like it was a waste to keep Marchand on the 4th the 1 half of the season ...I really think Seguin should play on the 3rd line and Recchi on the 4th or Seguin C on the 3rd and Kelly on the fourth....Kelly has not impressed me so far I think Paile was doing a better job .....and Peverley hasnt touch the puck last night , he appeared much faster than Wheeler but I will need a few more games to evaluate him ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]He's still a bit fuzzy on his positioning as a winger in the D zone, especially when the puck's being scrambled down low.  I keep seeing him floating at the top of the circle where he's too far from any opposing player to check him and too far from the boards to be available to chip out a ring-around.  He is getting more involved physically, but he has a long way to go in terms of playing the wing.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I saw that as well, he was thinking of where to be in order to receive the puck.  I liked the compete level of his play especially along the the boards.  His speed and turning ability were easily recognizable when he had an offensive opportunity.  He is still tentative in the defensive zone, but has taken a page out of Marchand's book and uses his speed to cause confusion.  He does not check particularly well, but better conditioning and weight gain should be helpful during the summer.  Lastly, Seguin is making better line changes.  I have to admit the 4th line might be good for his development.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

His confidence was showing all night, like him on the "4th" line with Thornton and Campbell, he can wait in the slot for a pass and unload that shot and was showing a good back check. Was flying all night.

While a lot of people here will say he's getting 4th line minutes, the line gets a lot of minutes per game and it was good to see him playing deep into the third in a close game.

CJ still doesn't trust him fully in the defensive zone as you saw Kelly out there for a defensive faceoff and as soon as the puck moved out of the zone, Kelly was out and Seguin was back in.

The kid is growing and I really like his future. Not regretting getting the kid instead of Skinner or Fowler, you're beginning to see flashes of his upside and he'll only get better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I missed the game last night (first one this season) but I am glad he continued to do well. A few years from now we are going to wonder why the hell he was ever on the fourth line with Shawn Thornton and marvel at the conmplete waste of talent this move was....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Seguin has turned a corner.  He has looked much better.  He is still not at the level of his teamates defensively.  There were a couple of shifts when he was on that I was sure Calgary was going to score.  That said, when the  Bruins have a game against a weaker opponent (not Vancouver) I would like to see Kelly and Seguin switched.  It would be nice to see if TS can take his game up a notch down the stretch, and I like him better at center.  I also think Kelly would be a better fit as a fourth-liner.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin has turned a corner.  He has looked much better.  He is still not at the level of his teamates defensively.  There were a couple of shifts when he was on that I was sure Calgary was going to score.  That said, when the  Bruins have a game against a weaker opponent (not Vancouver) I would like to see Kelly and Seguin switched.  It would be nice to see if TS can take his game up a notch down the stretch, and I like him better at center.  I also think Kelly would be a better fit as a fourth-liner.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Using Kelly in those situations is a good way to protect the young player. It is sign of good coaching to put your 19 year old in a situation to succeed rather than fail when possible.