Seguin no PP time??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Re: Seguin no PP time??

If Tyler Seguin is on your PP in November of his rookie season, your PP is in trouble. He's simply not good enough yet to be getting significant PP minutes if the Bruins goal is to win hockey games. People who think he should be out there regularly at this point are over-rating his CURRENT ability (not his potential, which is huge).

We have a similar situation with the Habs...a lot of people are very high on Lars Eller, and he's an excellent prospect and looks like he'll be a very good NHLer (not in Seguin's league as far as potential, but still quite good). People are wondering why he isn't skating more on the Habs improving-but-still-troubled power play. The answer: he's not good enough yet. He (like Seguin) shows flashes of what he's going to be, but the reality is that he's not there yet.

In Seguin's case, it wouldn't shock me if he's getting--and deserving--PP minutes on a healthy Bruins team closer to the end of the season. But he's still developing, and as such isn't going to cash in opportunities on the PP with as much regularity as you need in the NHL. Ryder isn't a significant upgrade, but he is a better PP scorer at this point in both players' careers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin no PP time??:
    [QUOTE]If Tyler Seguin is on your PP in November of his rookie season, your PP is in trouble. He's simply not good enough yet to be getting significant PP minutes if the Bruins goal is to win hockey games. People who think he should be out there regularly at this point are over-rating his CURRENT ability (not his potential, which is huge). We have a similar situation with the Habs...a lot of people are very high on Lars Eller, and he's an excellent prospect and looks like he'll be a very good NHLer (not in Seguin's league as far as potential, but still quite good). People are wondering why he isn't skating more on the Habs improving-but-still-troubled power play. The answer: he's not good enough yet. He (like Seguin) shows flashes of what he's going to be, but the reality is that he's not there yet. In Seguin's case, it wouldn't shock me if he's getting--and deserving--PP minutes on a healthy Bruins team closer to the end of the season. But he's still developing, and as such isn't going to cash in opportunities on the PP with as much regularity as you need in the NHL. Ryder isn't a significant upgrade, but he is a better PP scorer at this point in both players' careers.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]
    Everyone wants everything to happen now.We Bruins fans are an impatient bunch for having not won since 1972.I figure I've waited this long,I can wait at least a 1/2  season for seguin to develop(no more than that though.....lol).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

He's 18 freaking yrs old, for christmas sakes. His time will come. Do you not think that all of the B's Coaching team doesn't talk about it all the time. Really, get a grip.