Seguin on PP point at practice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjhernon. Show mjhernon's posts

Seguin on PP point at practice

Interesting thing out of practice today was Seguin playing the point on the first power play unit.

I love his shot and has a great one timer as we saw in buffalo. I say its a good change because the PP has been inconsistent all year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Seguin on PP point at practice

Good to see, Julien is making him work his way up, and rewarding him when he has earned it.. Great

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

In Response to Seguin on PP point at practice:
    [QUOTE]Interesting thing out of practice today was Seguin playing the point on the first power play unit. I love his shot and has a great one timer as we saw in buffalo. I say its a good change because the PP has been inconsistent all year.
    Posted by mjhernon[/QUOTE]

Eek. I'd prefer he be up front. His passes are higher risk/reward and I don't know why you'd want that to come from the point. Plus the slot release, plus his ability to work with the puck in traffic.... hmmm.... it seems like such an odd choice that I'm going to assume I'm missing something.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Cafardo...
    I gotta agree I missed that he was playing the point.. He looked good on the half wall earlier in the season.. I'd like him back there for some time.. I would hope him  "manning the point"would be intended on him sliding in the half wall, and playing with chara..

I don't think he is "high risk high reward" on his passing though, that labels fits Savy right now...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rinkratpicks. Show rinkratpicks's posts

I still don't understand why the don't give Boychuck and his booming shot another try on the PP.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting thing out of practice today was Seguin playing the point on the first power play unit. I love his shot and has a great one timer as we saw in buffalo. I say its a good change because the PP has been inconsistent all year.

Whose place did he take? Krejci? Bergeron? or Recchi?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin on PP point at practice:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Seguin on PP point at practice : Whose place did he take? Krejci? Bergeron? or Recchi?
    Posted by xenimus[/QUOTE]
    Probably preparing for when Kampfer gets sent down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Would've like to have seen the smoke come out of Mr. Clean's ears when the idea finally dawned on him! Bs coach is a bull headed man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

I said this already

It makes COMPLETE sense

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

[QUOTE]I really don't see Kampfer getting sent down
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Not going to happen. McQuaid will sit first.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

Think Ovechkin playing the point and working to the top of the circle for one-timers. Seguin is a good passer so he can also make quick passes to keep the movement going. The only thing is, right now he seems a little impatient with the puck, so he may be prone to panic plays. Regardless, should be fun to see what happens.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Think Ovechkin playing the point and working to the top of the circle for one-timers. Seguin is a good passer so he can also make quick passes to keep the movement going. The only thing is, right now he seems a little impatient with the puck, so he may be prone to panic plays. Regardless, should be fun to see what happens.
    Posted by bear-in-the-woods[/QUOTE]

I really like this idea. I can see some open ice between him and one isolated defender, I think this could be a nice experiment. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin on PP point at practice : Not going to happen. McQuaid will sit first.
    Posted by bridgemanusa[/QUOTE]
    Not going to happen. The B's need a strong young kid whose fists are feared throughout the league. His fists have hurt everyone they have touched. He has been a solid d-man this year. He has done nothing to warrant being benched or sent down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Kampfer isn't going anywhere. As far as Seguin on the point, the Bruins need to get something going on an anemaic PP. Hope something works.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

When I read the title of this thread, my first thought was that the Bruins want to set him up for that back-door play that Chara usually goes for. Not only is Seguin faster and sneakier than Z, but he's more likely to connect because of his accuracy, scoring sense, and natural talent.

Besides that, though, I have serious doubts about whether Seguin should be up there. I guess the coaching staff wants him to have space and gain confidence with the puck at this level -- which makes sense, just seems quite risky.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]When I read the title of this thread, my first thought was that the Bruins want to set him up for that back-door play that Chara usually goes for. Not only is Seguin faster and sneakier than Z, but he's more likely to connect because of his accuracy, scoring sense, and natural talent. Besides that, though, I have serious doubts about whether Seguin should be up there. I guess the coaching staff wants him to have space and gain confidence with the puck at this level -- which makes sense, just seems quite risky.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

I was thinking nearly the same thing. But perhaps running an umbrella with Horton-Savard-Lucic Seguin-Chara. With Chara up top and seguin.savard on the walls lucic can run around and get the puck and horton can go the net.

But the idea of Seguin back as a Defenseman on a 2-1 or 3-1 is kind of troubling.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think it's less about what he does well than what he needs to develop.  All of the possibilities people have mentioned here make some sense, but the bells go off at "he has made impatient plays with the puck" "he might make panic moves".  How do you get him to relax and slow down?  Put him in a situation where he has to be patient and smart with the puck (moreso even than make plays given that it's the point and he's the last line of defense).  At the same time, put him in a position where he job one is don't panic - he has to stay calm, hold the line, move the puck - but in circumstances where the team already has an advantage, so he's got that much better chance of succeeding.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Bookboy, I hear you. If he's going to be what he is billed as he needs to gain confidence just handling the puck, scanning the ice, looking for the next play, etc. As a forward, the D is always on you and it's a lot harder when compared to junior. But on D on the powerplay, you'll be given time, and hopefully Seguin would be able to realize that his skills do translate to this level and gain confidence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Xeniumus, I think it will be Recchi who sits on the PP. He hasn't had a chance to make any wonderous tips because Bergeron, Siedenberg and Chara haven't gotten any shots through. Patrice stays becuase besides Seguin he has one of the best onetimers on the team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

IMO- I think when a game is close. Whether the B's are up or down. They should be putting Chara in front of the net for every 2nd PP. Chara's shot isn't getting thru hardly at all & when it does. Nobody on the B's is there anyway because they don't want to get hit by it. Isn't that how Ference had his femur broken? The strongest bone in the human body.

Wasn't it Martin who put Z there when he was with Ottawa? I remember at least 3 occasions where he either got the Sens the tying goal, or the winner against B's with him there. He also got the B's some points when Lewis was the coach by doing that. He's a huge body, tough for just one player to move & with big Z, plus another defenseman in front of the net. It's going to make it near impossible for a goalie to see anything.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

[QUOTE]Xeniumus, I think it will be Recchi who sits on the PP. He hasn't had a chance to make any wonderous tips because Bergeron, Siedenberg and Chara haven't gotten any shots through. Patrice stays becuase besides Seguin he has one of the best onetimers on the team.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

That seems logical. Funny you bring up the one timers on Bergeron, people dpnt realize the kid has a laser of a shot. Look at his goal highlights, about 30% are all bombs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Power Play goals win Playoff games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Willing to watch, hope it works he need the PP time.  It will prob be 2nd line duty, hopefully instead of Seid.

He will not have it any easier on PP on D as forwards will put the pressure on the new kid in a new position to move the puck.   I just hope this relaxes him to become the player that is inside of him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

I don't like the idea one bit. Don't get me wrong, give him more PP time, just not on the point. Not yet anyway. The way many teams pressure the point on the PK, I don't believe he is ready to transition to defenceman.

Sections
Shortcuts