Seguin out AGAIN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Seguin out AGAIN

Hags just tweeted that he is sitting again.  Also in the tweet he has a quote from CJ about Tyler.  "he has a ton of talent, he doesn't have the privilege of playing on a rebuilding team where we can keep throwing him out there."  I agree with what Claude is saying here but what is more beneficial for this kid at this time?  To sit in the press box or to be on the ice, AT WORST in Providence.  I hope this doesn't kill the kids confidence.  Thoughts from you guys??? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Seguin out AGAIN

In Response to Seguin out AGAIN:
    Hags just tweeted that he is sitting again.  Also in the tweet he has a quote from CJ about Tyler.  "he has a ton of talent, he doesn't have the privilege of playing on a rebuilding team where we can keep throwing him out there."  I agree with what Claude is saying here but what is more beneficial for this kid at this time?  To sit in the press box or to be on the ice, AT WORST in Providence.  I hope this doesn't kill the kids confidence.  Thoughts from you guys??? 
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

Especially against a team like the Wings,Seguin should dress and have Thornton sit.Who's Thornton supposed to fight anyway?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Sky is falling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's got a ton of upside but don't mind him sitting to see if you can play with Hamil at center and Caron on the 3rd or 4th line. Think it makes sense to see if Hamil and Caron can step in if needed down the line when injuries are likely to occur. Lets you know if you absolutely need to get an extra piece before the trade deadline.

As I have said before, I don't see this kid as someone who will turtle up when he's benched and think it will make him a more hungry player. Not concerned that it will impact his long term development like everyone else. This year is all about learning and getting bigger for Seguin.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Thoughts on the subject litter this board.  There are hundreds.  "Seguin out thread - AGAIN?!"  No one has changed their minds.  You're hurting the nation's GDP with this drain on productivity. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin out AGAIN:
    In Response to Seguin out AGAIN : Especially against a team like the Wings,Seguin should dress and have Thornton sit.Who's Thornton supposed to fight anyway?
    Posted by dezaruchi

I said this before the Habs game and we all saw how that worked out. Ehhhh...

Ive resigned myself to the fact that seguin was way, way , way too good to be a bust. At this point whatever is best for the team is best for him he'll be fine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Thoughts on the subject litter this board.  There are hundreds.  "Seguin out thread - AGAIN?!"  No one has changed their minds.  You're hurting the nation's GDP with this drain on productivity. 
    Posted by Bookboy007

HMM but yet you opened the thread and took time to respond. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The Joe Thornton scenario all over again!

One thing is for sure, Seguin has more grit and determination than Joe has.

One day people will be thinking Claude was a fool. "He actually scratched the future mutiple-time winner of the Art Ross, Conn Symthe and Hart Trophies."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Sacre bleu!  A first-place team sitting a rookie player!

Once again, heeeeeeeere we go with all the "clipped wings," "stunted development" and other nonsense clichés.

FANBOYS: Relax.  This is only a drill.  In the event of a real emergency, Tyler Seguin will immediately combust and turn into a blithering idiot who can't skate or even dress himself due to this cruel and unusual punishment. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Sacre bleu!  A first-place team sitting a rookie player! Once again, heeeeeeeere we go with all the "clipped wings," "stunted development" and other nonsense clichés. FANBOYS: Relax.  This is only a drill.  In the event of a real emergency, Tyler Seguin will immediately combust and turn into a blithering idiot who can't skate or even dress himself due to this cruel and unusual punishment. 
    Posted by BuzzardBoots

Good post.  Some people can not seem to grasp that it is different for a rookie coming onto a Stanley Cup Contender (using the term Loosely) than a rookie coming onto a team that is not expected to make the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

For starters we can't send him to Providence, he's too young. We can't send him back to juniors now because we are already paying his salary. Where we screwed up I think was not sending him to the world juniors to boost his confidence.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Just my thought....From what I've seen this season, if he wasn't involved in the Taylor/Tyler saga, he would be in Providence. Yes he has talent. But he is not NHL ready. Again just my thought. PS : man he has great speed, and very quick hands. You can't buy those !!!  PSS : It sure didn't help Seguin that he was shuffled around more than a Las Vegas deck of cards, but, that will only help him. It's too bad he wasn't in Providence this year under the radar and quietly developing. PSS : Coin flip if I will get to see the Taylor/Tyler game when I go into Edmonton at the end of this month.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Just my thought....From what I've seen this season, if he wasn't involved in the Taylor/Tyler saga, he would be in Providence. Yes he has talent. But he is not NHL ready. Again just my thought. PS : man he has great speed, and very quick hands. You can't buy those !!!  PSS : It sure didn't help Seguin that he was shuffled around more than a Las Vegas deck of cards, but, that will only help him. It's too bad he wasn't in Providence this year under the radar and quietly developing. PSS : Coin flip if I will get to see the Taylor/Tyler game when I go into Edmonton at the end of this month.
    Posted by Stuke50

The real coin flip is if tyler will be playing in the game

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Seguin should dress and have Thornton sit." Too complicated for Uncle Fester DZ smoke would come out of the mans ears.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Thornton is an impact player, a veteran and a responsible guy on the ice who plays very good two-way hockey and is a factor in keeping the opposition clean.  Seguin is none of those things.  He is a BOY in a MANS league.  He isnt Crosby, Ovechkin or Gretzky.  Sitting the kid is NOT going to hurt him, and if it does, he wasnt going to be great to begin with.  This is NOTHING like Joe Thornton.  JT is a complete player and played with a ton of heart and grit when he was here.  Get a clue people.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

"Seguin should dress and have Thornton sit." Too complicated for Uncle Fester DZ smoke would come out of the mans ears.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I just don't see any use for Thornton against Detroit.......and does he really need to play in all 82 games?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

SEGUIN DOESNT BELONG ON THE NHL TO BE HONEST

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by Stuke50

He's too young for AHL......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin out AGAIN : HMM but yet you opened the thread and took time to respond. 
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

It's called "trying to nip it in the bud".  See anything in the succeeding posts that is in any way different than in the past twenty "Clod doesn't know how to coach Seguin" threads?  Even the whole previous discussion about AHL eligibility just whiffed over people's heads.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Seguin was a bad draft pick. Bobby Orr said pick Hall. Why didn't anybody listen!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Seguin was a bad draft pick. Bobby Orr said pick Hall. Why didn't anybody listen!
    Posted by nash99

that decision was made for them

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin out AGAIN : I just don't see any use for Thornton against Detroit.......and does he really need to play in all 82 games? Posted by dezaruchi

It's part of Chiarelli's job to help Julien really think this through ahh to no avail. No Seguin doesn't need to play all the games as great of shape the kids in he's looks a little gassed on some nights.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin out AGAIN : It's part of Chiarelli's job to help Julien really think this through ahh to no avail. No Seguin doesn't need to play all the games as great of shape the kids in he's looks a little gassed on some nights.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Sorry,I meant does Thornton need to play all 82?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin out AGAIN : that decision was made for them
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

He knows this... he's just trying to be an a hole.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Does anyone pause and think that Claude and Chia want to focus on Hamill and Caron?? They know, or should know Seguin's strengths, and shuffling him, like STUKE pointed out, is not exactly the best way to develop. How BIGVIG can possibly make the comment above about Thornton is abso;utely mind boggling. Thornton gives his heart and soul, BUT that's all he has. Hockey skills and intelligence, anticipation, or positioning are not in his capabilities. The focus is on how well will Hamill continue to play while Chiarelli tries to acquire a young, tough, skilled defenseman like Bogosian, Seabrook,Johnson, etc. Solving one problem at a time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin out AGAIN : that decision was made for them
    Posted by bostondynNASTY

I wonder what the cost to trade up would've been.. If they are both considered basically equal in terms of cieling.

Hypothetically of course, im pro Seguin.

Sections
Shortcuts