Seguin/Peverley vs Eriksson/Smith

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Seguin/Peverley vs Eriksson/Smith

Reminder:  Copy and paste 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Book, another divergent but interesting observation which shouls stimulate some comments, although there doesn't seem to be very much on this site lately. Maybe it will improve since the Red Sox are at rest. with Eriksson's injury there isn't that much to compare, although Rielly Smith has shown some excellent hockey skills that will help the bruins if Claude ever gets to using all of his assets more effectively. I know it's only my opinion, but the talent is there, and Thornton does not deserve to continue, as his determination cannot overcome his basic lack of hockey skills. Time for Claude to present a full package.

That 4th line hasn't looked so bad this year Bogie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

T his is a bad trade seguin will be a star  erikssin is 6 yes older not a gamebreaker. Why be shocked we already have you one of the best I'm the nhl so now another. The bruins have set themselves back with this trade. this team could have been a dynasty out at least a dynasty defined in today's game. Lets just say we are donors We like to give to others .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

T his is a bad trade seguin will be a star  erikssin is 6 yes older not a gamebreaker. Why be shocked we already have you one of the best I'm the nhl so now another. The bruins have set themselves back with this trade. this team could have been a dynasty out at least a dynasty defined in today's game. Lets just say we are donors We like to give to others .

You type like my 2 year old speaks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I give the edge to your 2 year old kel, by a longshot

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Your 2 yr old is very precocious must have taken from his mom-lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I give the edge to your 2 year old kel, by a longshot

Just read the last couple of phrases sure you can understand that. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

As stated earlier-- they miss Seguin's speed.  Marchand and Seguin together caused a bunch of problems for other teams including drawing penalties because of their speed and tenacity.

This team needs more production from the 2nd line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Seguin: 1 for 14 on faceoffs today

This is the main reason why CJ played him on the wing......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Marchand and Seguin together caused a bunch of problems for other teams including drawing penalties because of their speed and tenacity." - 'Yaso#7'

This is true.

Should they be figuring a way to get Spooner (with his obvious speed) and Marchand together?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Yaso#7's comment:

As stated earlier-- they miss Seguin's speed.  Marchand and Seguin together caused a bunch of problems for other teams including drawing penalties because of their speed and tenacity.

This team needs more production from the 2nd line.

Agreed its not just speed It's the type of speed he has . This type of speed creates openings for other players. It draws the opponents towards them and other linemates get open

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

After the first quarter:

GP   G   A   Pts     ATOI   P/G   P/Min            Cap Hit   $/Pts

Seguin   20  12  11  23    19:13   1.15  0.0598           5.75      0.25

Peverley19    4    5    9    17:29    0.47 0.0270           3.25      0.36

Total:    39   16  16  32                 0.82  0.0446            9         0.281

Eriksson  15   4   6  10    17:18    0.66  0.0386          4.25      0.425

Smith      20   3  10  13   13:42    0.65   0.0474          0.9       0.069

Total:      35   7  16  23              0.657   0.0431         5.15      0.223

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Regardless of everything else, from a purely statistical/point production perspective, this trade is begining to look better and better for the Bruins.  Smith and Eriksson are generating nearly the same amount of offence per minute of playing time as Seguin and Peverley.  The Bruins are also now paying less $ of cap space for each score in comparisson with their former players in Dallas - this is a key messure for building a team in a capped league.  The key here is Smith, who is paid exceptionally low and gets a very minimal amount of ice time for a guy playing at a 50 point pace through 1/4 of the season.  Looking at the Bruins currently sitting in 1st in the Eastern Conference, a big part of the team success thus far has been the play of the third line.  Getting affordable, productive depth through this trade seems to be a very good move by Chiarelli.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

With the fear of being troll like, Eriksson is not a bust.  He is a solid defensive player.  He suffered a concussion and missed several games.  The Bruins do not need any more physical players.  I still say we have not seen his full potential.  The argument that his numbers were dropping starting last year does not hold water when one realizes Seguin's numbers dropped last year as well.  Smith is a pleasant surprize, I think PC just may have had the equivolent #1 pixk if Reilly continues to perform as he has the past twenty some odd games.  Certainly Edmonton has realized #1s are not the answer for instant success.  Marchand does not need Seguin, he needs to play on the third line until he rediscovers his penchant to score.  Smith and Marchand would be a nice combo.  Yeti I believe would be the front of the net presence that both Bergeron and Eriksson would utilize.  Lastly, Seguin is going to be a fantastic player, his dream of being a number #1 center is a reality.  He will be a point a game player imo.  Nonetheless the Bs made the right decision.  

Thanks for the stats OC.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Eriksson, now with 13 points in 19 games, is creeping back towards his normal scoring pace. Especially considering the head shot he took from Scott, I think he's doing very well fitting in with his new team. Over his entire career he's scored .71 points per game. As a Bruin he's scoring .68 PPG.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would have given  half of our team just to get ride of the Lemon...PC only had to give Seguin ...plus we got Fraser and Morrow ...the best yet to come ...the lemon wil be in a rockin chair after his retirement and Smith, Fraser and Morrow will still be playing ....the only thing missing to my total happiness the departure or retirement of the Turtle ....coming soon in theatre near you

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

awful trade

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

The Lemon and Seguin wont make the playoffs 

Erickson , Smith , Spooner will

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

hey stanley. couple things here. 1. you're going to win your bet, but it has nothing to do with peverley. He's going to play well (he is) but Reilly Smith is just coming into his own. You need to drop the vendetta. It's getting weird. 2. It's Eriksson. not Erickson. he's not from minnesota. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

Regardless of everything else, from a purely statistical/point production perspective, this trade is begining to look better and better for the Bruins.  Smith and Eriksson are generating nearly the same amount of offence per minute of playing time as Seguin and Peverley.  The Bruins are also now paying less $ of cap space for each score in comparisson with their former players in Dallas - this is a key messure for building a team in a capped league.  The key here is Smith, who is paid exceptionally low and gets a very minimal amount of ice time for a guy playing at a 50 point pace through 1/4 of the season.  Looking at the Bruins currently sitting in 1st in the Eastern Conference, a big part of the team success thus far has been the play of the third line.  Getting affordable, productive depth through this trade seems to be a very good move by Chiarelli.

And in the end it's what matters the most. The Smurf/Lerf troll just can't comprehend this!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

hey stanley. couple things here. 1. you're going to win your bet, but it has nothing to do with peverley. He's going to play well (he is) but Reilly Smith is just coming into his own. You need to drop the vendetta. It's getting weird. 2. It's Eriksson. not Erickson. he's not from minnesota. 

Agreed. I don't get the vitriol towards Pevs. Guy helped win a Cup after coming over with Kelly. I'll never forget his contributions in 2011.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

I've stopped comparing individual players.  Playoff success is all that matters to me. If Seguin scores 100 points, and the B's win another Cup, I'm good.

DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

In response to OatesCam's comment:

I've stopped comparing individual players.  Playoff success is all that matters to me. If Seguin scores 100 points, and the B's win another Cup, I'm good.

If Seguin scores 100 points, Eriksson and Smith bomb, Iginla is weak and the Bruins don't win another cup for the next 10 years due to a lack of skilled offence, you will compare the players that could have been here.  Or at least you should.

Keep in mind I'm not saying that's going to happen, I'm just discussing it.

Why be caught up in theoreticals that could/couldnt happen when we get the pleasure of watching a good hockey team?

Watch the games. Have fun.

And if your Aunt had nuts, she would be your uncle

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bump

Sections
Shortcuts