Seguin scratched tonight, C'mon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Re: Seguin scratched tonight, C'mon

If true, Paille certainly has some extra motivation now. It'll be interesting to see how he handles the opportunity (assuming it's not just a rotating or pre-determined scratch kind of thing).

The question with Seguin out of the lineup is the same as it was earlier in the season pre-Savard - can they score? As long as they can score "enough" (meaning literally "one more goal than the opponent" every game), scratching Seguin won't be a big deal. If not, he'll be back in there the next game.

If the pieces all click together and the new guys play really well, points are being scored, the defense is smothering and Thomas stands on his head, Seguin might become the designated scratch going forward. That would bite, but at least it would mean the team was significantly better with the new lineup and would at least justify the move.

These next few games will be fun! 

Update: looks like he's in! well that's even more better! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stitchy4. Show Stitchy4's posts

Welcome to Canada boys....... Can't wait for Saturday night against Vancouver so pumped finally going to see the Boys live after 3 years !!!! What a joke..... Vancouver Giants game Friday night and there honoring LOOOCHH!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin scratched tonight, C'mon:
    [QUOTE]He usually does the / for practice days.  Calgary is 2 hours behind us.  The morning skate update is usually done at 11 am, right?  We should find out in the next hour if he gets scratched, unless they scrub the skate. Personally, I'm torn on Paille vs Seguin.  Seguin has been pretty good since his healthy scratch, but he's not a good fit on the 4th line.  If he could be worked into one of the top three lines, it would be better.  Paille's PK might be useful against the Flames' 24% home powerplay, though. I guess it is nice that there is a tough decision to make.  Better than having to play guys by default.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

The DR was correct.
    Fluto for some reason has his own persoanl agenda and should not jump the gun like that.  He loves to knit pick on Seguin.    

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

I see no reason why Kampfer shouldnt be playing either as well as Seguin ..why  not sit Ryder?...think Paille is a better fit on the fourth line and as stated numerous times already on this thread, his PK ability..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I'm also from Vancouver and cannot wait to see them.  I went last time they were here and got to see TT shut out Van and Emonton 1-0 both games.  Going to be one tough road trip. Go Bruins! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stitchy4. Show Stitchy4's posts

Yes sir Rufus604,

I was at that game too Timmy stood on his head!!!! Looking forward to seeing a nice sea of Black and Gold in the Crowd.... They have rented to old Pacific Coliseium for practice Thursday and Friday 10am going to go down and have a watch shoud be fun.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

The Flames play a pretty physical game.  It will be interesting to see how Seguin handles the rough play tonight.  I expect to see some mixing up of lines depending on how the game is going. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Do we really need a new thread every, single, time Seguin is a healthy scratch?

I do not understand this obsession people have... and if your answer is, "they're ruining his development!" - try again... starting with, "I have a huuuuuuuge crush on him and it makes me sad when he doesn't play!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin scratched tonight, C'mon : Thank you.  What matters is that the TEAM keeps winning and gets deep in the playoffs, regardless of what Seguin's doing or not.   Right now - at this point in time - any sensible watcher of the game, can gauge that Seguin is NOT going to go on some 20 game - 30 point tear.  We know that. Next year.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    No but I think he could go on a 20 game -15 or so point tear,thus creating confidence going into playoffs.That would be good wouldn't it?I think the key to Seguin becoming a point per game scorer is him starting to realize he's good enough to do it NOW.We've all said and heard enough times that he's only a kid so we should temper our expectations.The trouble was,it seems as if he was too willing to think that of himself.I know it's been only 2 games but I noticed a marked difference in his game.Seguin didn't look like a player that's willing to settle for the press-box just because he's a rookie.He was grinding it out in the corners,winning faceoffs,overall just stronger on the puck.A point tonight could send him on a modest 3 game point streak and maybe the realization that he is supposed to eventually become a big scorer in the NHL.......so why not just do it now?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Do we really need a new thread every , single, time Seguin is a healthy scratch? I do not understand this obsession people have... and if your answer is, "they're ruining his development!" - try again... starting with, "I have a huuuuuuuge crush on him and it makes me sad when he doesn't play!"
    Posted by BuzzardBoots[/QUOTE]

fair enough.

Im on the let Tyler do the talking angle now. If he can play himself into the top 6 its great. But whatever this kid does this year, he is going to do it himself. Competing against tough vets, with no rookie leniencies like Hall and SKinner get.

I think its going to be exciting to watch.

Sections
Shortcuts