Seguin scratched tonight, C'mon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Declan26. Show Declan26's posts

Seguin scratched tonight, C'mon

Seguin is scratched tonight, for Paille. Julien is a moron, come on bro, he's put together two good games now, and you're sitting him for Paille??? I know Paille has stepped up, but Seguin is the future, and he needs the ice time. 

I personally think Seguin should be on the 3rd line with Peverly and Ryder, a lot of speed on that line, if he earns the minutes, let him play.

GO B's

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

Re: Seguin scratched tonight, C'mon

CJ wants to see the new guys in action.

Paille proven on the PK.

Seguin will get his day in the sun, don't fret.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Minor nit-pick, but if you are going by Fluto's blog, note that it is a Projected Lineup.  I don't think they've had their morning skate yet, so it isn't official.  It does seem somewhat likely.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Declan26. Show Declan26's posts

Oh ok DrCC, good point, I thought he had seen the morning skate already and maybe heard something. Usually he'll have something like this:

Paille/seguin - Campbell - Thornton

but today it was

Paille/Campbell/Thornton.

Not to read too much into it, just want to see Seguin get the minutes, especially if he deserves them, which after the last two games, he does

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

He usually does the / for practice days.  Calgary is 2 hours behind us.  The morning skate update is usually done at 11 am, right?  We should find out in the next hour if he gets scratched, unless they scrub the skate.

Personally, I'm torn on Paille vs Seguin.  Seguin has been pretty good since his healthy scratch, but he's not a good fit on the 4th line.  If he could be worked into one of the top three lines, it would be better.  Paille's PK might be useful against the Flames' 24% home powerplay, though.

I guess it is nice that there is a tough decision to make.  Better than having to play guys by default.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Me personally would keep the kid in but not 4th line duties. It is tough choice for a coach when all the acquisitions shows up for practice.Undecided Paille may be next man out but is better penalty killer then Seguin. Calgary is playing great hockey and the Bruins need to good solid 3rd and 4th lines. We will see Seguin play against Edmonton.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin scratched tonight, C'mon:
    CJ wants to see the new guys in action. Paille proven on the PK. Seguin will get his day in the sun, don't fret.
    Posted by FinnsWake

Both new forwards play the PK as far as I have read.  This means one replaces Wheeler and the other could replace Paille and Seguin could play without much disruption.  I believe Seguin has to play at this point.  I actually can't understand why it is not Seguin Kelly Peverley.  They are both solid defensive players, seems to me that would help to cover for Seguin's missteps and help him to develop in order to avoid future missteps.  Also they have both been touted as speedsters with creative offensive games. Seguin is the perfect compliment. I just feel like we have potentially overpaid to get the right guys in, which I'm okay with, but now you have to maximize how you utilize them.  Grooming a cornerstone of the franchise seems like it should be a fairly high priority.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Declan26. Show Declan26's posts

what about 

3rd - Sequin - Peverly - Ryder 

4th - Kelly - Campbell - Thornton

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Declan26. Show Declan26's posts

I totally agree with you Ricky Hussle

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I totally agree with you Ricky Hussle
    Posted by Declan26

Thank You, but I also meant credit DrCC who brought up a good point.  the Boston.com Blog report is merely a projection, it has been wrong on more then one occasion.  CJ likes to keep things under wraps so we will see.  It does sseem almost certain that if he does play it will b on the 4th line and not in the position where I would like to see him.

In fact this is on the blog post before the Projected Lineup,

"The Fourth Wheel Line has center Greg Campbell skating with wingers Danny Paille, Shawn Thornton and Tyler Seguin. Given coach Claude Julien's penchant for riding with veteran, reliable players, especially at this time of the year, Seguin figures to be a scratch tomorrow. But that is not a certainty."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

Grooming a cornerstone of the franchise seems like it should be a fairly high priority.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

Grooming occurs over a long period. I'm not going to def con one based on Seguin sitting tonight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Grooming occurs over a long period. I'm not going to def con one based on Seguin sitting tonight.
    Posted by FinnsWake

Agreed, and I hope you do not take my post as a damnation of PC and or CJ.  I stated my preferences but whatever happens happens.

Also I don't know exactly what def con in your second sentence means?  I think I got the gist of your statement though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Seguin is just getting acclimated and scored a zinger goal vs OTT.  This is not the time to sit him out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

These SHOULD be the lines...with Thornton and Paille swapping games, based on need and opponent

Seguin - Peverley - Ryder 

Kelly - Campbell - Thornton/Paille

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

We all knew it would be between Paille and Seguin for the last roster spot once all the newbies were ready. To be honest, Seguin has completely outplayed Paille the last few games but Julien always goes for the "experienced player."

I will suck it up today because it is the first game with the new line up but if Paille is invisible or has a bad game I will personally not be pleased....

By the way, that PK argument for Paille is getting old. The B's were one of the best in the league at the PK when he was scratched for like 20 straight games and they are still one of the best which means his contribution is minimal. He is even of less value in this respect now that Kelly and Peverly  are on the team (thanks RickeyHussle).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin scratched tonight, C'mon : Agreed, and I hope you do not take my post as a damnation of PC and or CJ.  I stated my preferences but whatever happens happens. Also I don't know exactly what def con in your second sentence means?  I think I got the gist of your statement though.
    Posted by RickyHussle

Just a joke, no biggie

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

im for playing seguin too. 23 games left play him every game unless he really hurts them. however he does in these final games should tell claude if hes ready for the playoffs or not. maybe u could even do the same thing that claude did to kessel. seguin seems to play well after being pulled out. i just feel with paille u know what your going to get every night. have him sit or rotate in for recchi,ryder and anyone else who may need to rest or god forbid gets hurt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Seguin has been playing well, but so has paille. Paille is putting up points lately....The thing with Seguin, he's more of a liability on defense over Paille. And come playoffs, seguin may end up burning us with his lack of experience with his defensive game. Really, many of you need to quit whining about Seguin no playing. He is a rookie and is coming along nicely...He's not gonna play every game. It must be earned. Also, its a long season, he can use the rest to his advantage. So just relax when he doesnt play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Kind of dissapointing if that is how the line-up is going to pan out going forward.  Seguin's last few games have been some of his best hockey of the season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

Because of the Bruins style of play this was a wasted pick.  Too much talent to be sitting.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

WooHoo Seguin is playing.  Now where do I complain about the Kampfer benching?

LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

bgrif008: A  lucky goal by Paille by shooting a puck from the corner, off the back of the goalie's leg, and into the net does not equate to putting up the points.

Here are the stats:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/app

Now before you say that stats are not everything and ignore the intangibles like defence, let me just state that just because Paille skates really fast north to south and back again, does not mean he is a solid defensive forward.

By the way, please let me know why Seguin "has to earn his icetime" on a team that consistently plays Ryder, Paille, and even Big Wheels when he was with the B's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

bgrif008: I take it back. CJ is the best coach since Scotty Bowman....lol.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Ah, much ado about naught.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

CJ must have read your post. Hes in the lineup now. Mabye start another thread about pullting Kelly on the 4th line and Seguin on the 3rd?

Sections
Shortcuts