Seguin Search

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Seguin Search

I know the following truths:
    1. Seguin gives jump to his linemates. 
    2. He is fast and has a great shot.
    3. Everyone has slumps.

But is the kids slowly becoming Kessel? It is a question not an answer. And the same goes for the following questions.

Is this the best we will see of him this year?
    Is he disappearing as other talent is emerging?
    Is he getting soft and lazy?
    Do we have to shake him up?
    Where is his speed and open ice moves?
    Is he really a winger or do we need to put him in center and move Kelly up?

Again these are questions but watching him of late the fire is not quite there. I don't know and I am not condemning him but I want to make sure I am not the only one seeing some disturbing trends.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Seguin Search

i got a feeling it's growing pains. this is his first full-time everyday nhl roster spot. don't forget, he was used very sparingly last year. his body is getting stronger everyday, he'll get better and better, and learn how to take care of his body. he has a couple of great examples to follow(bergy, chara), i hope he's using them as a resource. they are true pros.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

If it were that easy to score 40 everyone would be doing it.  He's still learning. 

I was listening to HNIC radio yesterday and the topic was how the speed of the  game gradually increases over the course fo the season and then jumps agian for the playoffs.  If that is the case, the explosive speed we saw Seguin display may still be there, but the league is speeding up as well, and therefore he's not as dominant.  Great players find other ways.  My observation is that he seems a little stuck on the "one-timers".  He is really looking for some open ice to raise his stick for the one timer. 

Maybe he needs to create more space for himself and his linemates by using his speed with the puck.  Compared to say Marchand, Seguin doesn't seem to control the puck very long unless it's on the rush, and even then he has not been creating as much as he was early in the season.  He seems to rely on Bergy and Marchand to cycle and control the puck and feed him.  It's pretty easy to shut that down.   Needs to score some garbage goals as well as the pretty ones. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The game gets faster, it also gets tighter. This is always the case. In 1982 Gretzky scored 50 in 39 then only 42 in the final 41. Remember Stamkos's 70 goal pace to start last year? Phil Kessel's to start this year? It's true of all players, Seguin included. The game is at its most open at the start and fee-wheeling skilled players get lots of space to score. Now it's tighter. Tyler will get chances, they will just be less often. He is also being watched tighter. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, he's making space for his linemates and drawing attention away from Krejci's line. I agree he does need to score some mucker goals if he wants to be a 40-50 goal guy... though he's also probably at least a year away from his peak in the skill game too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

He really belongs at center, but with the depth we currently have, it ain't happening unles someone goes down.
    n Response to Seguin Search:
    [QUOTE]I know the following truths: 1. Seguin gives jump to his linemates.  2. He is fast and has a great shot. 3. Everyone has slumps. But is the kids slowly becoming Kessel? It is a question not an answer. And the same goes for the following questions. Is this the best we will see of him this year? Is he disappearing as other talent is emerging? Is he getting soft and lazy? Do we have to shake him up? Where is his speed and open ice moves? Is he really a winger or do we need to put him in center and move Kelly up? Again these are questions but watching him of late the fire is not quite there. I don't know and I am not condemning him but I want to make sure I am not the only one seeing some disturbing trends.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Its pretty simple--- The Bergeron, Seguin, Marchand line is getting more of the opposing teams "shutdown" defensive pairings and top defensive lines against them since their early season run.  It runs in cycles--- the Krecji, Lucic, Horton line needs to take advantage of this. 

The other point is look at how productive the Bruins 3rd and 4th lines are--- this is why they are a real good team and where the Bruins really get the advantage over most teams.  It doesn't hurt to have TT & Rask either.

Seguin will be fine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I'm already regretting responding to this as I'm typing. This will cause an hysterical knee - jerk reaction from a lot on this board.

Tyler Seguin has world class elite skills

Tyler Seguin's first priority when playing is to avoid any physical contact at all cost

Tyler Seguin is so talented that he can actually make it appear that he's trying to compete when he's actually doing the opposite

It's a problem if he's expected to realize his immense potential

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin Search:
    [QUOTE]Its pretty simple--- The Bergeron, Seguin, Marchand line is getting more of the opposing teams "shutdown" defensive pairings and top defensive lines against them since their early season run.   Seguin will be fine.
    Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]

Precisely.

All three, and especially Seguin will figure it out.

There is alot of production to come from Seguin and Co.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]The game gets faster, it also gets tighter. This is always the case. In 1982 Gretzky scored 50 in 39 then only 42 in the final 41. 
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Only.  What a bum.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Teams are also keying on Tyler quite a bit more and again I'll just tap his age he's only going to be 20 years old in January so I can certainly understand the valleys. Seguin has also had some Bob Uecker moments of "Just a bit outside" passes that he's just missed on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Switch him with Pevs for a couple games and see what happens!?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I agree a bit of a shake up for him and an incentive to get back to the top line would be a good thing. Again I am not knocking the kid just want to see him get the opportunity to find his stride in the up tempo games and stop being keyed in on so much. It might be a great confidence booster.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I would have dropped him from my pool. A shakeup of lines might be good, but Claude tends to force guys to play through it. They become stronger for it.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Search : Only.  What a bum.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

he's taking the easiest path to the puck most times and the results of that are showing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin Search:[QUOTE]Switch him with Pevs for a couple games and see what happens!? Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

You know that is not a bad idea as Peverley is on fire right now, a few shifts anyways get a little jump start going...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Wow an actual consensus and not everyone throwing each other under the bus. Its a christmas MIRACLE...So now we only need CJ to shake it up and put Pevs in place for Segs....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Blaspheme!  But Mac, it' a fair question as I am always skeptical about big October scorers that trail off.  Hopefully the performance against Tampa last June is indication that he'll be just fine in the stretch run. 

I know that I am biased, but I think his game is much more dynamic than Kessel's, and is more slump-proof.  He's a much better passer and set-up guy for one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

PC quote from Stephen Harris column Boston Herald 12/16/2011:
    “I also think there have been periods in his game during this period we’re talking about where he is lapsing back to some of his habits of last year. That’s something we asked him to work on and he did. So we know it’s there; he’s just got to get it back."
    Anyone watching Seguin has noticed that sudden drop in interest in the physical play. He still is learning that his offensive opportunities increase in relation to his defensive and physical play (Don Cherry's contribution to Middleton's terrific career). He only needs to look at how poorly Lucic plays when he just shows up. I wish someone would just poke ML and wake him up at game time. The KLH line doesn't work if Lucic thinks he's Guy LaFleur. Seguin's play (like Kessel's) has varied based on his intensity to get the puck and go. CJ will keep pushing him for that intensity and it will come.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I don't think you can blame the KHL's current failure on Lucic, sure he had times earlier this season he looked awful, but he's been engaged and aggressive for at least the last three weeks. Horton is ... off and Krejci is MIA.

[QUOTE]PC quote from Stephen Harris column Boston Herald 12/16/2011: “I also think there have been periods in his game during this period we’re talking about where he is lapsing back to some of his habits of last year. That’s something we asked him to work on and he did. So we know it’s there; he’s just got to get it back." Anyone watching Seguin has noticed that sudden drop in interest in the physical play. He still is learning that his offensive opportunities increase in relation to his defensive and physical play (Don Cherry's contribution to Middleton's terrific career). He only needs to look at how poorly Lucic plays when he just shows up. I wish someone would just poke ML and wake him up at game time. The KLH line doesn't work if Lucic thinks he's Guy LaFleur. Seguin's play (like Kessel's) has varied based on his intensity to get the puck and go. CJ will keep pushing him for that intensity and it will come.
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Fletch...by no means am I saying his game is like Kessels. We all know he is a better overall hockey player...Those are truths. But in attitude toward physical play is the question. Again I am not stating fact but posing the question. Is his reluctance lately to mix it up whcih we all would agree is there hurting his performance. We all know the intangibles he gives this team but what about the tangibles. Like a few mucky goals. Where has been that swee passing we have become accustomed to. These are the questions we all ponder and discuss. I think that a quick switch where he is not under so much pressure working with Kelly is just what the doctor ordered. Put in a few goals and he is off to the races again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think you can blame the KHL's current failure on Lucic, sure he had times earlier this season he looked awful, but he's been engaged and aggressive for at least the last three weeks. Horton is ... off and Krejci is MIA. In Response to Re: Seguin Search :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]
    Krejci played 17+ minutes in that game-more than any other forward. Apparently CJ doesn't think he's MIA. Watching Lucic in the defensive zone is painful. At least Horton can get the puck out to neutral ice without giving it to an opposing player. Lucic may be a banger at times, but he looks like he'd rather be Glen Murray or Steve Stamkos. When he goes back to that aggressive approach you are seeing, that line will improve. Not before.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Seguin is first in the NHL */- with a +22, 14 goals , 14 assists .

Not to mention his line is Seguin +22  , Marchand +20 , Bergeron +19 Top 3 in the NHL.

And someone thinks there's a problem or suggest they change the line

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Your point?
    He used to play the hell out of Wideman hoping he'd play through it, didn't work.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Search : Krejci played 17+ minutes in that game-more than any other forward. Apparently CJ doesn't think he's MIA. Watching Lucic in the defensive zone is painful. At least Horton can get the puck out to neutral ice without giving it to an opposing player. Lucic may be a banger at times, but he looks like he'd rather be Glen Murray or Steve Stamkos. When he goes back to that aggressive approach you are seeing, that line will improve. Not before.
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Pretty nice shot on his goal today. I think the real question/answer or fact about Tyler is that he's a work in progress, a star in the making. You're going to go through stretches where you don't score, but he's got about the quickest shot in the league and it's such a fast release, I just don't see him not scoring 30 a year for the rest of his career. He's got a rifle and it's loaded.