SEGUIN SITS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

SEGUIN SITS

CJ has elected to sit Seguin for tonights game vs the Habs. Some may say this is a bad move but I Applaud him for doing this. The young man has been having some problems getting his game together and like CJ did to Kessel, CJ hopes this will improve his play for the remander of the season, we need him to play well.
    Seguin has only seen less than 10 minutes of ice time and has been sat on several occasions, so I HOPE sitting in the press box gives him a new outlook.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: SEGUIN SITS

I don't know. He's a 19 year old rookie.  His game is fine. He's learning and progressing.

Not everyone comes flying into the NHL, especially with limited ice time, and produces very well right away.

I am not in favor of the mind games, unless there is something else buried in the media we don't know about.

Didn't he just score a big goal the other night?

Maybe I need to be more critical or more observant, but he seems to be playing decent as a rookie, hitting the normal rookie walls along the way.

Jeff Skinner is an aberration, not the norm. And Hall produces more because he plays more in a rebuilding situation in Edmonton.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Reading Cj's thoughts on the matter, they need to look at Hamill and have Caron I do not have a problem with this.

Go B's 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

i agree with Jman, i think the Bruins are showcasing Hamill and/or Caron.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Count me among those that think this has more to do with giving Hamill his chance/showcasing him than it does with Seguin's play.  That it coincides with Seguin looking like he might benefit from some press box time just makes the decision easier.

Not sure how Caron fits into this, though, except that with to give Hamill a legitimate chance he can't be on the fourth line, and Seguin doesn't seem like a fit for the fourth line, while Caron is reasonable.  It might also be about maintaining a number of PK players, since essentially Caron is replacing Paille.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I sure hope Shawn Thornton gets more than nine minutes tonight Surprised!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Good points. It may be for showcasing.  No doubt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I think they maybe giving these guy's a look see before any possible trades.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I called this after Saturday's game.

Just not too sure why CJ isn't putting Hamill and Caron on the same line.  They were playing well together in Providence.  Stick Wheeler on that 4th line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I thought Seguin and Hamill were the weakest parts of the lineup the last game.  Caron is in because he will make the 4th line better than Seguin will.  Hamill is getting his chance/getting shopped right now.  I wouldn't want him and T.S. in the lineup at the same time against the habs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Because Cj is a BDCS, figure it out.

Show case, is as stupid a statement as tough to play against, it is one of those terms, that has come out because media has nothing valid to discuss nor the brains to discuss it.  Tough to play against is like kissing your sister, show case is for teams that are not in hunt, teams that are dumping, are we dumping?

You play who you think will win it, playing Caron or Hamill is just plain stupid over Seguin, they are not upgrades in skill or talent, neither is playing Thornton, who will have his 0 fights as the habs don't fight.

Might as well trade the TO first rounder, because we sure as he!! do not know how to use them with cj behind the bench, or pc up stairs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Don't see an issue here, sometimes the view from the press box helps out the rookies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

This teams biggest need right now is an experienced centerman who can make plays .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Clode being Clode as usual. I wish I could say I am surprised by this, but I'm not

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

CJ's quote says "There are parts of his game that have slipped a bit,"

That doesn't sound to me like they are showcasing anyone. He must think right now that ZH and JC are better options.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO, humble tho it might be, CJ and Goeff Wardf get FFF for their "work" with Seguin. He's been bounced all around the lines without any opportunity to settle down with consistent linemates. Last week LeMaire had managed New Jersey to their first winning streak of the year by establishing fixed lines including moving Rolston up where he has exploded for 8 goals after scoring 6 since the beginning of the year.That is called " Coaching" and we do not have it.Seguin least of all. Tonight he sits Seguin, which will not hurt Seguin, and expects Caron to balance Campbell and Thornton. Why Thornton? the HABS don't fight, except for Cammelleri  {vs.Kreji}and he is sitting out. Wait until Chiarelli does his job on acquiring a solid defenseman and a versitle center, and observe how the new guys like Claude's topsy turvy world.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: SEGUIN SITS:
    [QUOTE]IMO, humble tho it might be, CJ and Goeff Wardf get FFF for their "work" with Seguin. He's been bounced all around the lines without any opportunity to settle down with consistent linemates. Last week LeMaire had managed New Jersey to their first winning streak of the year by establishing fixed lines including moving Rolston up where he has exploded for 8 goals after scoring 6 since the beginning of the year.That is called " Coaching" and we do not have it.Seguin least of all. Tonight he sits Seguin, which will not hurt Seguin, and expects Caron to balance Campbell and Thornton. Why Thornton? the HABS don't fight, except for Cammelleri  {vs.Kreji}and he is sitting out. Wait until Chiarelli does his job on acquiring a solid defenseman and a versitle center, and observe how the new guys like Claude's topsy turvy world.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Everyone knows Seguin has been struggling. The CJ supporters say Seguin has to earn his icetime which I understand.

My question is why has someone, as talented as Seguin, regressed from the start of the season? I was hoping he was going to continue to improve as the year progressed. Yet he has seemed to regress.

To me, CJ & his staff have to take some of the responsibility for Seguin's " level of play dropping." There handling of him this season certainly can be questioned & will be in the offseason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

The Bruins may have a mulligan this year on the way they have handled Seguin as it was mostly about getting his feet wet.  If however they don't get this straightened out by next year, he will be looking for his chance to get out as soon as he can.  If he is not going to be a star that is fine but if he becomes a star somewhere else that is a problem, especially when the organization is backing a coach that should have been fired last year.  That collapse last year was unacceptable and it showed that Clod was unable to change tactics when some tweaks were needed and his inability to motivate his team.  Game 5 was a travesty.  Boston should have come out gunning since they were coming home with a 3-1 lead and a chance to close out the series.  Instead it was one of the most lacklustre efforts I have ever seen.  He has handled Seguin just as poorly as he handled the coaching in that series last year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: SEGUIN SITS:
    [QUOTE]The Bruins may have a mulligan this year on the way they have handled Seguin as it was mostly about getting his feet wet.  If however they don't get this straightened out by next year, he will be looking for his chance to get out as soon as he can.  If he is not going to be a star that is fine but if he becomes a star somewhere else that is a problem, especially when the organization is backing a coach that should have been fired last year.  That collapse last year was unacceptable and it showed that Clod was unable to change tactics when some tweaks were needed and his inability to motivate his team.  Game 5 was a travesty.  Boston should have come out gunning since they were coming home with a 3-1 lead and a chance to close out the series.  Instead it was one of the most lacklustre efforts I have ever seen.  He has handled Seguin just as poorly as he handled the coaching in that series last year.
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]
    Great post. I agree 100%

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

Re: SEGUIN SITS.. welcome to the man's league

Welcome to the NHL kid. He is feeling what kind of man shape you need to be in to stay part of the elite. He can't rely on  his CHL  stick moves, its  doens't  work here with  the man's league. Dont take me wrog  he's a star to be just be patient, 2 years at least. Remember Jumbo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

If with most of you on this-- It is totally inexcusable how they continue to mis manage Seguin.  He should be on the PP and they should put him with the same line mates for an extended period of time.  This is the second game he has sat against Montreal this year, a team that has speed to burn yet CJ and company find it in their thick skulls that they should sit him.  Makes no sense to me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

http://www.nesn.com/2011/02/tyler-seguin-a-healthy-scratch-against-canadiens.html

Relieved Seguin knows what he has to work on. He has the right attitude to be a good player in the league

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

My problem with this is simply the fact that Hamill is not going to give them a better game tonight than Seguin would.  From what he showed in the last game and so far tonight, he's clearly overwhelmed and unable to keep up

And on that note, if they're showcasing him for a potential trade.....he's not exactly looking impressive right now.  So that may be backfiring on them

I'm not saying, he's a big differene maker at this point, but Seguin has been there all year and is a better option than Hamill.  Especially in a big game against a team that's two points behind you.....you should field your best team

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

What is with all of you that you think Seguin is the real deal and should get more ice time....He's just another rookie who is playing like any other rookie....For one, he needs to work on his skating. Ya he is fast on a straight away, but he makes turns like he is wearing roller blades, big gaping turns, with his monkey arms hanging to the side, one hand on the stick. His skating is so choppy...All things that he will have to work on in the offseason....
    He's not mis managed one bit, he's just trying to learn to play a system that he may not be familiar with just yet. Precisely why he is sitting tonight against the habs. I think he's right on track and I for one have no problem letting some others step up to the NHL while he sits.