Seguin Snubbed Again!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Seguin Snubbed Again!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Here-8217-s-NHL-2012-All-Star-Game-Fan-ballot-?urn=nhl-wp17142

"But most importantly: Eberle, Hall, Grabner … and no Tyler Seguin(notes)?"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: Seguin Snubbed Again!

You might as well claim Tuukka was snubbed, in fact you'd have a better case. Marchand on the other hand should be there.

In Response to Seguin Snubbed Again!:
    [QUOTE]http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Here-8217-s-NHL-2012-All-Star-Game-Fan-ballot-?urn=nhl-wp17142 "But most importantly: Eberle, Hall, Grabner … and no  Tyler Seguin (notes) ?"
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin Snubbed Again!:
    [QUOTE]You might as well claim Tuukka was snubbed, in fact you'd have a better case. Marchand on the other hand should be there. In Response to Seguin Snubbed Again! :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?  Seguin is 18th in scoring and first in +/-.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

know what?

screw 'em.

say whatever or not say whatever about Seguin, I don't care.

I know I'm looking at a gem, someone else says they're looking at a lump of coal or an ant eater or whatever else their delusional minds can concoct, I don't care.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]You might as well claim Tuukka was snubbed, in fact you'd have a better case. Marchand on the other hand should be there. In Response to Seguin Snubbed Again! :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]
    Can you name any other back-up goalies that have made the ballot before? Seriously, let's hear the case for Rask because making a case for Seguin is easy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm as big of a Seguin fan as anyone, but I'm not sure he belongs on this year's ballot.

Yes, he started out this season hot, but his stats from last year (which are absolutely a factor) and his overall career numbers (which are also a lesser factor) aren't anything close to worthy.

Hall had as many goals as Seguin did points.  Eberle had more assists than Seguin had points.  From a stats point of view, from an All Star point of view, these players don't compare. 

Before making a case for Seguin, remember that he had 22 points last year.  Pouliot had 30.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'm as big of a Seguin fan as anyone, but I'm not sure he belongs on this year's ballot. Yes, he started out this season hot, but his stats from last year (which are absolutely a factor) and his overall career numbers (which are also a lesser factor) aren't anything close to worthy. Hall had as many goals as Seguin did points.  Eberle had more assists than Seguin had points.  From a stats point of view, from an All Star point of view, these players don't compare.  Before making a case for Seguin, remember that he had 22 points last year.  Pouliot had 30.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    How about Rask? That was the comment I noticed. I guess the B's do have 6 on the ballot so it's hard to complain.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I'm as big of a Seguin fan as anyone, but I'm not sure he belongs on this year's ballot. Yes, he started out this season hot, but his stats from last year (which are absolutely a factor) and his overall career numbers (which are also a lesser factor) aren't anything close to worthy. Hall had as many goals as Seguin did points.  Eberle had more assists than Seguin had points.  From a stats point of view, from an All Star point of view, these players don't compare.  Before making a case for Seguin, remember that he had 22 points last year.  Pouliot had 30.

Yah, if you count last year's stats, I would have to agree.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Snubbed Again! : Yah, if you count last year's stats, I would have to agree.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    They must go by previous stats since Crosby is on the ballot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Snubbed Again! : They must go by previous stats since Crosby is on the ballot.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

All star shmallstar.

The game stinks and has no interest for me at all.

I find the skills competition more interesting than the game.

I *might* watch the all star game if they made it more fun to watch, make it pond hockey.

a) take away hitting since they don't do it for real anyway, so a penalty for any contact.
    b) no offsides
    c) no icing
    d) no center ice faceoff, just pull it out of the net and keep playing.

and naked women between periods.

and then I might watch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Snubbed Again! : All star shmallstar. The game stinks and has no interest for me at all. I find the skills competition more interesting than the game. I *might* watch the all star game if they made it more fun to watch, make it pond hockey. a) take away hitting since they don't do it for real anyway, so a penalty for any contact. b) no offsides c) no icing d) no center ice faceoff, just pull it out of the net and keep playing. and naked women between periods. and then I might watch.
    No argument here. The All-star game has gotten more boring as the years go by.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Snubbed Again! : All star shmallstar. The game stinks and has no interest for me at all. I find the skills competition more interesting than the game. I *might* watch the all star game if they made it more fun to watch, make it pond hockey. a) take away hitting since they don't do it for real anyway, so a penalty for any contact. b) no offsides c) no icing d) no center ice faceoff, just pull it out of the net and keep playing. and naked women between periods. and then I might watch.

All very good ideas, but why wait for intermission for the naked women?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

My favourite part of last years all star festivities.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]My favourite part of last years all star festivities.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Mine as well.  Are they doing the draft again?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Snubbed Again! : Mine as well.  Are they doing the draft again?
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

I remember hearing a while back that they were. But I couldn't find anything to verify it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Snubbed Again! : I remember hearing a while back that they were. But I couldn't find anything to verify it.
    Given the format of the ballot (G, D, and F all lumped together) it looks like they are.  
    They also say "Voting runs through Jan. 4, with the top six vote-getters by position -- three forwards, two defensemen and a goalie -- being guaranteed spots at the All-Star Game." in one article.  I think a draft is a safe assumption - weird that they don't just come out and say it though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Also my favorite, and I believe its importance was vastly underrated.
    It says a TON about the guy that he was the last one picked when you consider that he's more talented than quite a few guys picked above him.

Working and playing well with other IS important in EVERY job.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

I was really excited for last years game. I really liked the fantasy draft thing, but it didn't pan out on the ice. The game was as terrible as it's always been.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

As awesome as that was... he got a new car for being last. So I guess he had every right to laugh...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin Snubbed Again! : As awesome as that was... he got a new car for being last. So I guess he had every right to laugh...
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]
    I bet Phil would've been happier to buy a car and not be picked last.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Hilarious.....pic of kessel.

Oh and about the allstar weekend. Its the biggest waste of time to all sports. I cant stand it and dont bother watching...I really wish they would just do away with it. Or have it at the end of the year after the stanley cup, like football has the pro bowl....Another big waste, but at least it wouldnt cut into the regular season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I agree with many of you who say that the all-star game is not a game worth watching, etc....  However, I do think that players care about being voted in and being on the ballott.  In addition, having it mid-season gives teams a chance to catch their breath and come back for the stretch run.  I would rather watch a Bruins vs. Blue Jacket game in October, but it is nice to see guys get recognition.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

All Star's are mostly based on last seasons performance and name recognition. After that it's making sure every team has one warm body there. Hell RJ Umberger is on the ballot.

Sections
Shortcuts