seguin trade revisted on its one year anniversary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: seguin trade revisted on its one year anniversary

In response to Chappy28's comment:

The Bruins would be in worse cap shape than they are in now if Seguin were kept. Then you add in the rumors about how Seguin showed up to games three and four of the Loafs series, throw in his offensive output in 2012 playoffs and the rest of 2013 playoffs. PC started looking at the financial commitment and what he wasn't getting back in return.

Seguin exploded as a center this past regular season, obviously his natural position but that wasn't going to happen in Boston with Bergeron and Krejci. I'm still Ok with the trade especially with the hall of players that PC took back. Fraser, Morrow and Smith could all be starters, contributing for the Bruins one year from now.

Hard to look back without also making some assumptions about other moves that would have to happen to keep him.  For example are we talking about Seguin the center, or Seguin the wing.  If we are talking about the center who just put up 84 pts, then we also need to bake in Krecji getting traded.

In my perfect world, Seguin is playing in Iginla's spot all last year and then this year we are trading Krecji to keep cap compliant (not because I don't like Krecji, but because it is stupid to get a blue chip center prospect and then make him play out of his comfort zone).  Seguin-Bergeron-Soderberg down the middle in 2015, but we are still short a top 6 winger --- Ideally that is what Krecji would be getting traded for.

Any guesses on who that would be?

I think we may have been better last year making the deal, but we will not be as good going forward because Krecji is going to break the bank next year and the core will begin to turn over vs. having Seguin locked in at what is now (hindsight being 20/20) a very reasonable amount for a top 10 scorer in the league.

I think it is going to be almost as painful watching Seguin pile up points as it was with Kessel and JT, let's hope he doesn't win a cup so posters here can forever discount the kid's skill. [/QUOTE]

Reasonable thinking Chappy. I was in that camp of Krejci for Ryan after the 2012 playoff performance by #46. However I have the Bruins to look at with and without JT, Kessel and Seguin during the post season, I don't think PC was gambling on "IFs".

In the end I have seen Seguin from 2011-2013 during the playoffs and I have to say the Bruins didn't miss anything if you include Tyler's playoff performance with Dallas this past seasons encounter with the Ducks. Of course Tyler can improve but PC needed Krejci's 2011 and 2013 playoff performances now. How much money Krejci does make or doesn't deserve really isn't my concern when measuring him against Seguin today.

Krejci is better now and with him Boston are a perennial cup contenders, without Seguin, for the next 3 years maybe more than just that window. Seguin is also a very undisciplined center defensively and was as a winger in his own end. Not going to work on a CJ team.

Now move to what the Bruins raked in for the return for unloading Seguin and Peverley. If the Bruins hadn't destroyed it during the regular season and were lacking in goals throughout the year then I would probably wouldn't have such a positive feeling about the trade. The Bruins survived the lack of having Kessel's 36 goals and won the cup.

Today PC is winning the trade!

PS. If anyone has watched Reilly Smith this past season and doesn't think he can reach 26 goals, as he gets stronger, they should go get glasses.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:[QUOTE] Maybe I'm missing something...[/QUOTE]

You always are. [/QUOTE]

Changing Log Ins won't change that. No matter how many she has, Shab fans never quit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chappy28's comment:[QUOTE] The Bruins would be in worse cap shape than they are in now if Seguin were kept. Then you add in the rumors about how Seguin showed up to games three and four of the Loafs series, throw in his offensive output in 2012 playoffs and the rest of 2013 playoffs. PC started looking at the financial commitment and what he wasn't getting back in return.

Seguin exploded as a center this past regular season, obviously his natural position but that wasn't going to happen in Boston with Bergeron and Krejci. I'm still Ok with the trade especially with the hall of players that PC took back. Fraser, Morrow and Smith could all be starters, contributing for the Bruins one year from now. [/QUOTE]

Hard to look back without also making some assumptions about other moves that would have to happen to keep him.  For example are we talking about Seguin the center, or Seguin the wing.  If we are talking about the center who just put up 84 pts, then we also need to bake in Krecji getting traded.

In my perfect world, Seguin is playing in Iginla's spot all last year and then this year we are trading Krecji to keep cap compliant (not because I don't like Krecji, but because it is stupid to get a blue chip center prospect and then make him play out of his comfort zone).  Seguin-Bergeron-Soderberg down the middle in 2015, but we are still short a top 6 winger --- Ideally that is what Krecji would be getting traded for.

Any guesses on who that would be?

I think we may have been better last year making the deal, but we will not be as good going forward because Krecji is going to break the bank next year and the core will begin to turn over vs. having Seguin locked in at what is now (hindsight being 20/20) a very reasonable amount for a top 10 scorer in the league.

I think it is going to be almost as painful watching Seguin pile up points as it was with Kessel and JT, let's hope he doesn't win a cup so posters here can forever discount the kid's skill. [/QUOTE]

Reasonable thinking Chappy. I was in that camp of Krejci for Ryan after the 2012 playoff performance by #46. However I have the Bruins to look at with and without JT, Kessel and Seguin during the post season, I don't think PC was gambling on "IFs".

In the end I have seen Seguin from 2011-2013 during the playoffs and I have to say the Bruins didn't miss anything if you include Tyler's playoff performance with Dallas this past seasons encounter with the Ducks. Of course Tyler can improve but PC needed Krejci's 2011 and 2013 playoff performances now. How much money Krejci does make or doesn't deserve really isn't my concern when measuring him against Seguin today.

Krejci is better now and with him Boston are a perennial cup contenders, without Seguin, for the next 3 years maybe more than just that window. Seguin is also a very undisciplined center defensively and was as a winger in his own end. Not going to work on a CJ team.

Now move to what the Bruins raked in for the return for unloading Seguin and Peverley. If the Bruins hadn't destroyed it during the regular season and were lacking in goals throughout the year then I would probably wouldn't have such a positive feeling about the trade. The Bruins survived the lack of having Kessel's 36 goals and won the cup.

Today PC is whining the trade!

PS. If anyone has watched Reilly Smith this past season and doesn't think he can reach 26 goals, as he gets stronger, they should go get glasses.   

[/QUOTE]

I gotta give you credit. Your absolutely right. PC is whining about the trade.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Like all trolls it was entertaining for a bit. Time to ignore 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like all trolls it was entertaining for a bit. Time to ignore 

[/QUOTE]

Right. It's alright to throw throw the shots out but when one is returned then that's not right. Did you not throw the first shot out today and then another one from him?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:[QUOTE] Maybe I'm missing something...[/QUOTE]

You always are. [/QUOTE]

Changing Log Ins won't change that. No matter how many she has, Shab fans never quit.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Bostonfan.. Here's both the quotes together. Am I wrong?