Seguin vs Paarjavi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

Seguin vs Paarjavi

Paarjavi will be a great nhl player. Watching him play last night vs the flames, he was edmonton's best player on the ice. I been impressed by the way he plays for most of the year

His style is similiar to that of Seguin but he is willing to get dirty in front of the net and against the boards. 

If the oilers offered Paarjavi + 2nd round pick for Tyler Seguin , would you go ahead with the trade? 

for those that have a need to spazz out, take it easy, its just a question for debate

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

Re: Seguin vs Paarjavi

No.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

rocket dan, would you, if you were pittsburgh accept caron for crosby? would they need to throw in the 2nd round pick?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

dauber1 not sure what you mean , but sounds like you are implying Seguin will be a much better player than Paarjavi. So far that is not the indication

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

What gives you the impression that Paajarvi will be better than Seguin?  Paajarvi is a year older and has similar numbers to Seguin this year, despite averaging 3 minutes of TOI more than Seguin.

Paajarvi
    73gp 12-17-29 with a -10
    TOI: 15:10 (PP: 1:45)
    Shots: 156
    Hits: 19

Seguin
    73gp 11-11-22 with a -2
    TOI: 12:10 (PP: 1:23)
    Shots: 120
    Hits: 16

I have seen 90% of the Bruin's games, so I have a good feel for where Seguin is.  Admittedly, I have not seen much of Paajarvi, but your post seems to suggest that Paajarvi will be as good, if not better than Seguin?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Crowls: Seen a lot of Paajarvi. Much like th Oilers in general he started out strong and has gotten progressively weaker as the season has gone on. Was at his best in pre-season. He appers to me to be like an Andreas Dackell type: defensively sound, will max out at around 20 goals and generally will leave you wanting more. At most he will be like Mikael Samuelsson from the Nucks and that is if everything goes right. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Thanks jm, so doesn't sound like a deal the B's would be interested in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin vs Paarjavi:
    [QUOTE]Crowls: Seen a lot of Paajarvi. Much like th Oilers in general he started out strong and has gotten progressively weaker as the season has gone on. Was at his best in pre-season. He appers to me to be like an Andreas Dackell type: defensively sound, will max out at around 20 goals and generally will leave you wanting more. At most he will be like Mikael Samuelsson from the Nucks and that is if everything goes right. 
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

I don't think you have seen him play as of late but he has been one of the oilers  best players. I agree he was really good at pre season and was not very effective for the next 50 games. But after the all star break he has been very good. His style of play is similiar to that of teemu selanne . He will score much more than 20 goals per season. Probably over 35 on a consistant basis .  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks jm, so doesn't sound like a deal the B's would be interested in.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair to him, he is solid all-round but just not great at any one thing. In fact, I bet if he were with the Bruins this year Julien would have given him much more icetime then he has Seguin.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin vs Paarjavi : I don't think you have seen him play as of late but he has been one of the oilers  best players. I agree he was really good at pre season and was not very effective for the next 50 games. But after the all star break he has been very good. His style of play is similiar to that of teemu selanne . He will score much more than 20 goals per season. Probably over 35 on a consistant basis  .  
    Posted by rocketdan9[/QUOTE]

I stand by my 20 goals a year prediction. Someone has to play the big minutes on a bad and depleted team which is what the Oilers are right now. Time will tell. I have nothing against the guy and I live in the west which, unfortunately, means I have seen almost every Oiler game on TV.

I respect your opinion though....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin vs Paarjavi : I don't think you have seen him play as of late but he has been one of the oilers  best players. I agree he was really good at pre season and was not very effective for the next 50 games. But after the all star break he has been very good. His style of play is similiar to that of teemu selanne . He will score much more than 20 goals per season. Probably over 35 on a consistant basis  .  

wow, you REALLY like this guy huh? 35 is an absurd prediction. 20 sounds about right, don't expect much more

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin vs Paarjavi : wow, you REALLY like this guy huh? 35 is an absurd prediction. 20 sounds about right, don't expect much more
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

And expect 40 goals and 100 points for Seguin?

You are stating Seguin will be a better player than Paarjavi right? So on what basis?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I've seen both, Seguin a little more and while Paarjavi has played well of late I think Seguins got more offensive upside, and is faster.Paarjavi will be a good player though no doubt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin vs Paarjavi : And expect 40 goals and 100 points for Seguin? You are stating Seguin will be a better player than Paarjavi right? So on what basis?

I think Seguin will be better and here is why:

Seguin is younger (by a year), faster, has a better shot, and has put up almost as many points as Paarjavi in less ice-time and virtually no PP time (until the last few games).

This is no slight to Magnus by any means. He is a good solid, young player. He reminds me as sort of a poor mans Forsberg. He will be a good NHLr.

This is all hypothetical at this point anyway.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

first and foremost watching the two players play. Seguin has WAY more potential, and more talent too. Second, past performances. What has Paarjavi done that is supposed to impress me beyond the odd flash of brilliance that is less impressive than Seguin's flashes of brilliance. is 29 points in 49 games in the swedish league supposed to impress me? Hes never carried a team, Seguin was the whalers last year. Seguin had 106 points in his last season in junior, second on his team was 63. His entire time in junior he has had a phenomenal learning curve. Comparing the two players is absurd

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Theri 1st overall pick + Paajarvi + Sam Gagne ...ok

Otherwise...i'd say....go to hell

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

its is time the we see the real value of our players...we had Wideman (better than Kaberle )...we had the no.1 player ofr the Trashers Blake and gave him away for nothing we had Mark Stuart a real dedicated player that shows up every game and we gave him away ....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

[QUOTE]first and foremost watching the two players play. Seguin has WAY more potential, and more talent too. Second, past performances. What has Paarjavi done that is supposed to impress me beyond the odd flash of brilliance that is less impressive than Seguin's flashes of brilliance. is 29 points in 49 games in the swedish league supposed to impress me? Hes never carried a team, Seguin was the whalers last year. Seguin had 106 points in his last season in junior, second on his team was 63. His entire time in junior he has had a phenomenal learning curve. Comparing the two players is absurd

You can't compare the junior leagues like that. Look at a guy like Tarasenko from the russian league. Only scores 20 points in 40 games in league play and ends up tearing it up for team russia at the juniors meet. 

Paarjavi also was excellent at the worlds last year. 

Seguin didn't even make the team even though he was leading his junior league in points.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

after reading your other post on the bruins 11-12 it is pretty clear to me that you don't watch the bruins frequently. This entire thread is ridiculous. your comparing a decent young player with solid upside to a guy with potential to be elite

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

[QUOTE]after reading your other post on the bruins 11-12 it is pretty clear to me that you don't watch the bruins frequently. This entire thread is ridiculous. your comparing a decent young player with solid upside to a guy with potential to be elite

What has seguin done so far to prove to you he will be elite?? To me he maybe on his way to be a very good nhl player who will score 60 points a season but he hasn't shown me anything that he will score 80 plus points even

I think you need to stop daydreaming about a few nice breakway goals he has scored thus far

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]after reading your other post on the bruins 11-12 it is pretty clear to me that you don't watch the bruins frequently. This entire thread is ridiculous. your comparing a decent young player with solid upside to a guy with potential to be elite

The end....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin vs Paarjavi : What has seguin done so far to prove to you he will be elite?? To me he maybe on his way to be a very good nhl player who will score 60 points a season but he hasn't shown me anything that he will score 80 plus points even I think you need to stop daydreaming about a few nice breakway goals he has scored thus far

read thoroughly please