Seguin was great for 1 game but

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Re: Seguin was great for 1 game but

In Response to Re: Seguin was great for 1 game but:
    Besides him not scoring, this was his best game. He was all over the ice & making good, smart plays with the puck. Just missed getting a break away in the 2nd by about a stride. This is as silly as saying TT had a bad game tonight!
    Posted by nitemare-38

I was so proud of Seguins play last nite. CJ has taught him well. His defensive coverage was just about perfect ( i remember him once trying a pass at our blueline and passing the puck away, to no harm). He was great to watch. He just about scored. You could see him lift his head up and shake it, wanting that shot over again. Playing 5 on 5 gave Seguin his most ice time. Seguin is well worth the 2nd overall pick. Great job by everyone

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Seguin will stay, he had a good game, we need his offense

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Seguin was great for 1 game but:
    not impressed with him since then ..I think we need to put Peverly back with Ryder and Kelly and put Thornton back on the 4th line .It's a waste having Peverly playing with someone like Paille ..Paille is great defensively obviously but Peverly could really boost the 3rd line .
    Posted by DallasSmith

You ARE kidding, right?  Seriously.  You may want to hit the dvr and watch the game again.  Then again, I'm the guy who was calling for Julien's head a couple of times during the second half of the season, so what the he[[ do I know...though I think I've got this point nailed:

In the playoffs, you want and need to have balanced checking AND scoring from your 3rd AND 4th lines.  Seguin's development and emergence has filled a significant gap on BOTH of those lines - he made good things happen on almost EVERY shift last night, and is EXACTLY where he belongs, as is Peverly. 

Vs. Vancouver, it's good to know we'll have Thornton waiting in the wings if he's needed, but the current roster can handle themselves physically, so I can't see Thornton playing ahead of the speed (Paille, Seguin) and skill (Seguin) of others.

As Recchi said, B's played their best game of the playoffs last night.  The stats won't show it, but Lucic was immense in that game.  Nice to see B's fans and players exult upon vaulting into the Finals, woooo-hoooo!!!!

May success follow them through the Finals, go B's!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin was great for 1 game but : I think Peverly is fine right where he was tonight. Playing on the 4th line & subbing out on the 2nd & third. Tyler would be a non factor if he played on the 4th line. However; depending on how this series goes. Thorton could find a way back in. I hope he finds a way in one game at least. Doesn't he need to dress at least one game in the final to get his name engraved on the cup? I think he deserves that much! For what he is & what he does; he's probably one of the best in league.
    Posted by nitemare-38

A nice problem to have, eh?  Whether he plays in the Finals or not, I'm pretty sure B's could petition the league to have Thornton's name included on the Cup, I believe a recent Cup-winner did the same successfully for one of their players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Seguin was great for 1 game but:
    not impressed with him since then ..I think we need to put Peverly back with Ryder and Kelly and put Thornton back on the 4th line .It's a waste having Peverly playing with someone like Paille ..Paille is great defensively obviously but Peverly could really boost the 3rd line .
    Posted by DallasSmith

Glad I haven't changed my sig line yet. Come on, dude...you'd rather have Thornton on the ice than that kid's talent? Please.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

I don't know how many times the Versus announcers singled Seguin out for making good plays on offense and defense, but it was often enough to make me believe he has arrived as a full-time NHL player. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin was great for 1 game but : I think Peverly is fine right where he was tonight. Playing on the 4th line & subbing out on the 2nd & third. Tyler would be a non factor if he played on the 4th line. However; depending on how this series goes. Thorton could find a way back in. I hope he finds a way in one game at least. Doesn't he need to dress at least one game in the final to get his name engraved on the cup? I think he deserves that much! For what he is & what he does; he's probably one of the best in league.
    Posted by nitemare-38

his name will be on the cup whether he plays in the final or not because he played more than half the games this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Seguin does not need to have a 4 point night each night to play a great game. He has been playing with some real hustle and a solid defensive effort also. I have liked ALL of his games. I don't think who ever started this thread is really watching.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin was great for 1 game but : his name will be on the cup whether he plays in the final or not because he played more than half the games this year.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

True, GNB.  From NHL.com:  "To have one's name engraved on the Stanley Cup certain requirements must be met. A player must have at least 41 games played with the club or one game played in the Stanley Cup Finals. However, in 1994 a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Look I love Mark Recchi and think he has done a great job but its time to make the second line a force!  Right now it is Bergeron to Marchand.  How about Seguin out there with them!  Heres how it could breakdown!
    Horton Krejci Lucic- offensive Force and can play agianst any line
    Marchand Bergeron Seguin-  offense Force and can nuetralize other top lines.  Seguin has shown the abilty to skate and play well defensively
    Pevs Kelly Ryder- Checking line that can score and skate
    Paille Cambell Rechhi- Reliable checking line with grit and experience

Just a thought!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin was great for 1 game but : A nice problem to have, eh?  Whether he plays in the Finals or not, I'm pretty sure B's could petition the league to have Thornton's name included on the Cup, I believe a recent Cup-winner did the same successfully for one of their players.
    Posted by BruinsCountry

As long as there's a way he gets his name on it. It would be pretty sad to see Thorts not getting on it. Whether you find him useful or not is irrelevent. He still showed up & did his job.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Seguin does not need to have a 4 point night each night to play a great game. He has been playing with some real hustle and a solid defensive effort also. I have liked ALL of his games. I don't think who ever started this thread is really watching.
    Posted by MDsizzle

I think Peverly can help the 3rd line more than Seguin at this point.Seguin's goals vs.Tampa Bay were the result of great individual play not necessarily tic tac toe plays .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Seguin was great for 1 game but : You ARE kidding, right?  Seriously.  You may want to hit the dvr and watch the game again.  Then again, I'm the guy who was calling for Julien's head a couple of times during the second half of the season, so what the he[[ do I know...though I think I've got this point nailed: In the playoffs, you want and need to have balanced checking AND scoring from your 3rd AND 4th lines.  Seguin's development and emergence has filled a significant gap on BOTH of those lines - he made good things happen on almost EVERY shift last night, and is EXACTLY where he belongs, as is Peverly.  Vs. Vancouver, it's good to know we'll have Thornton waiting in the wings if he's needed, but the current roster can handle themselves physically, so I can't see Thornton playing ahead of the speed (Paille, Seguin) and skill (Seguin) of others. As Recchi said, B's played their best game of the playoffs last night.  The stats won't show it, but Lucic was immense in that game.  Nice to see B's fans and players exult upon vaulting into the Finals, woooo-hoooo!!!! May success follow them through the Finals, go B's!!!!
    Posted by BruinsCountry

Lucic played great,I thought he was going to score on that breakaway!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Look I love Mark Recchi and think he has done a great job but its time to make the second line a force!  Right now it is Bergeron to Marchand.  How about Seguin out there with them!  Heres how it could breakdown! Horton Krejci Lucic- offensive Force and can play agianst any line Marchand Bergeron Seguin-  offense Force and can nuetralize other top lines.  Seguin has shown the abilty to skate and play well defensively Pevs Kelly Ryder- Checking line that can score and skate Paille Cambell Rechhi- Reliable checking line with grit and experience Just a thought!
    Posted by samsonov
    Recchi looks a little behind the play at times .It is certainly something CJ should think about but in the end I don't think he will put Recchi on the 4th line .I think Campbell and Recchi could have some nice chemistry .At this point in his career Marchand and Bergeron are just too good for Mark to really mesh well with .I know the line has had some great moments at times this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Seguin was great for 1 game but : Glad I haven't changed my sig line yet. Come on, dude...you'd rather have Thornton on the ice than that kid's talent? Please.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Maybe I didn't have such a bad idea after all???Before you all crucify me ,I just couldn't resist bumping up the thread.. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin was great for 1 game but : Maybe I didn't have such a bad idea after all???Before you all crucify me ,I just couldn't resist bumping up the thread.. 
    Posted by DallasSmith

Nothing could kill the mood I'm in right now Dallas. Have your moment in the sun. Cheers.  GO BRUINS...........3 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts