Seguin will center Horton and Lucic tonight.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Seguin will center Horton and Lucic tonight.

Finally .........

this according to Naoko Funayama

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

Re: Seguin will center Horton and Lucic tonight.

In Response to Seguin will center Horton and Lucic tonight.:
    [QUOTE]Finally ......... this according to Naoko Funayama
    Posted by jaymiller[/QUOTE]

Bad move unless L & H have an immediate attitude change. I'll be interested to see how quickly they give up on a play whenever Tyler makes a small mistake. The line should be broken up but if they want to keep L & H together I would rather have Tyler with Bergy and Marchand and move Peverly up to center the 1st. I hope I'm wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

very nice...this definitely amps up my excitement level for tonights game! i hope looch and horton bring their a-game, and don't go missing like the do at times. that would be a shame. who knows...this could be the start of the tyler seguin era! has there been any timetable on a krejci return?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I've always wanted to see this, my theory is that the wide bodies would open up space for Tyler.

Then you have Bergy, Brad and K.  (BBK).

I like it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin will center Horton and Lucic tonight.:
    [QUOTE]very nice...this definitely amps up my excitement level for tonights game! i hope looch and horton bring their a-game, and don't go missing like the do at times. that would be a shame. who knows...this could be the start of the tyler seguin era! has there been any timetable on a krejci return?
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Day to day, like all of us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

It will likely take a few games for the three of them to find chemistry. I do not recall Seguin playing with them much in the past, if at all.

Best to temper expectations for the moment....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

True, jay, but the way Seguin's been playing combined with Lucic and Horton looking to "get some of the fun back" makes me wonder if we might not see a repeat of last year when Bergeron centred them for a few games, and the first game they went monkey feces as a line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Good points Book.

Here's hoping for a 4 point night for the youngster including his first goal of the season. With the cannon for a shot that he has he should be a perennial 30 goal scorer....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Not sure I like the Seguin move but it stands to reason to keep the second line intact. Kind of wish the made 

Marchand Bergy and Peverly first line for now. 
    Lucic Seguin and Pouilot second line.
    Paille Kelly and Horton
    Caron Campbell and Thornton on fourth.

Fives you a speedy creative digging puck up tempo first line.
    Creativity sandwich between to giants in the second.
    Speed and giving Horton a touch of the puck back becuase he would be the playmaker on the third line.
    And energy on the fourth. I know all of you hate the idea of Horton on the thrid line but if he has another bad game tonight regardless of how many games in. It is inevitable. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Looch and Horton seem to be a step behind. Let the kid gain some more confidence. I say play him with guys who are up to pace and playing well....Pev and Marchand.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It will be fun to watch Seguin be challenged, but it hardly is something to be happy about. It's not like DK is a bad player and holding the team back.  They are much worse without him. And now the third line is a lot less interesting. Hopefully the change makes for some energy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

calling Wally Pipp, anyone, Pipp.......

Let's hope.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

The only interesting part of the 3rd line was Seguin.  Kelly belongs on the 4th line, and Pouliot belongs in the press box.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]The only interesting part of the 3rd line was Seguin.  Kelly belongs on the 4th line, and Pouliot belongs in the press box.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

I have liked Pouliot's game very much so far, I feel he is playing the body along the boards and hustling to the dirty areas.  I assume I will be with you at some point, but, I wonder if you don't like him based on what you have seen in the two games this year, or if you already disliked him when we signed him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]It will be fun to watch Seguin be challenged, but it hardly is something to be happy about. It's not like DK is a bad player and holding the team back.  They are much worse without him. And now the third line is a lot less interesting. Hopefully the change makes for some energy.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE] Yes,you are right.The 3rd line is much weaker.A line of Caron ,Pouilot and Kelly isn't very strong,at the moment anyway.Perhaps Seguin can gain further confidence from playing with Lucic and Horton.Those two are due for a big game . 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Now the Seguin decision just was not in line with CJs mantra.  Me thinks there is more Neely influence on the Seguin as center of the first line.  The huge debate must have been over Kelly alias "A" and Seguin!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The other question is what are people going to moan about now that Seguin's playing with some real wingers?

As for first line second line: two ways to look at this.  Who do the other teams put out against them, and how much ice do they see.  As of today, Bergeron, Marchand and Peverly are 1,2,3 for Bruin forwards in terms of TOI.  Krejci's fourth.  Know who's fifth?  Seguin.  Ahead of his new wingers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He's playing there because Krejci is injured. He's played well enough in the 3 games where he deserves the chance. Whats the big deal?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]He's playing there because Krejci is injured. He's played well enough in the 3 games where he deserves the chance. Whats the big deal?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

No idea, I'd be livid if Kelly got the 1st line C role like a lot of people are saying would happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In case you missed the Wally Pipp reference, the big deal is that there are some who believe that even great players need a shot, and this could be the moment when Seguin shows that he's a lot closer to being the #1 C than we might realize.  If he plays there for a month, and that line thrives (think of the two on one with Horton in Seguin's breakout playoff game that was tic-tac-boom!), the question may become where does DK play when he returns.

Pipe dream or big deal or whatever.  I'm just 'splainin'.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from djstrome. Show djstrome's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Seguin will center Horton and Lucic tonight. : Bad move unless L & H have an immediate attitude change. I'll be interested to see how quickly they give up on a play whenever Tyler makes a small mistake. The line should be broken up but if they want to keep L & H together I would rather have Tyler with Bergy and Marchand and move Peverly up to center the 1st. I hope I'm wrong.
    Posted by ingrizzlebizzles[/QUOTE]

Can't help but agree with you. Luchicken needs to step up, he's been coasting around the ice since March. He looked horrible in the playoffs (yeah, oh waa, he was hurt - looked like Joe Thornton coasting around). Please man, beat someone up or something... skate hard... look interested... maybe just once in awhile? Such a shame, so much potential going to waste. I'm was a huge fan, but really getting tired. Watch him tonight. Guarantee you see him twirling around and coasting like it's a public skate.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In case you missed the Wally Pipp reference, the big deal is that there are some who believe that even great players need a shot, and this could be the moment when Seguin shows that he's a lot closer to being the #1 C than we might realize.  If he plays there for a month, and that line thrives (think of the two on one with Horton in Seguin's breakout playoff game that was tic-tac-boom!), the question may become where does DK play when he returns. Pipe dream or big deal or whatever.  I'm just 'splainin'.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE] Interesting possible scenario that could happen.I still think you would have to put Krejci back on the 1st line .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin will center Horton and Lucic tonight.:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin will center Horton and Lucic tonight. : Interesting possible scenario that could happen. I still think you would have to put Krejci back on the 1st line .Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]

Then give Seguin more than a 4th line center when he returns to the 3rd line. I thought Caron and Tyler played well together now they just need someone who can skate with them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

When Krejci returns I put Seguin on a line with Krejci. Seguin was superb tonight. Lucic & Horton were blah as they have been all year. I demote one of those guys & reward Seguin for his solid play thus far.

I think Seguin with Krejci could do wonders.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The first 75% of the first page is full of such gobbledygook.  It's amazing.

Hey fools, Seguin and the other first line players were great tonight.