Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

Seguin

when will julien notice that seguin has more offensive ability then 80% maybe more of the team. ryder or kelly out, and seguin in for game 2. give him his chance, and he will shine. he will produce more offense then kelly or ryder will, please julien, use him. he has skill, and speed, 2 things that boston really needs in this series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: Seguin

Claudes an old stuborn mule who is set in his ways and can't waiver from anything different from his system. This Bruins fan thinks it time Uncle cam takes this mule behind the barn and shoot it out of its missery!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Thornton?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Kelly plays for Boston?  Never noticed....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

This is CJ's last Hurrah---

Put Seguin in the lineup and pull Thornton out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Give it one more game and then pull the plug on the least productive forward in favor of the kid. Possible picks include (but are not limited to) Kelly, Ryder, Paille, and Thornton....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin:[QUOTE] Thornton? Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Like I've been arguing since the realization of the "Clode Rules" Seguin is out unless injury for the playoffs. There is absolutely no need for Thornton in this series. As soon as the Habs thug White tried anything on Ference the refs stepped in and parked him in the box Martin barley skated White again so there is no need for Thornton to police.

How many times has it been said "How can Seguin hurt the PP ?" How do you leave that offense off the ice ? You can't!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chubs737. Show chubs737's posts

TYLER SEGUIN...CLAP, CLAP, CLAP CLAP CLAP!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Ya gotta find a way to get this kid there! Doesn't matter who off the bottom two lines you have to sit. You need this kid in there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Prediction: Claude puts Segs in for game 3 after the B's lose Sat. but by then it's too late.

I'm done even marginally defending CJ. There is NO ARGUMENT better for having Seguin in the lineup than last night's inability to score even 1 goal.

But CJ will wait until there's almost unbearable pressure on the kid to do something to insert him. Too little, too late, too bad again for the Bruins.

Fire the m*erf*cker and hire a coach with some b*lls for a change.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Julien seems to regard Seguin in the lineup as a zero-sum game. Let's face the facts: it's hard to ignore that he's soft on the puck, doesn't win the battles along the boards, is a defensive liability and skates way too many shifts circle-to-circle in both ends without much of an impact. He'll get there, but the question now is what to do in Games 2, 3, 4, etc.

However, your 4th line guys are only getting 9 minutes a game anyway, and the idea that Seguin HAS to be a 3rd line guy or nothing at all just doesn't make sense to me. I want Campbell to have more minutes by bumping him up to center the 3rd, drop Kelly to center the 4th and have Seguin take Thornton's spot. A Paille-Kelly-Seguin 4th line can handle 9 minutes a game, and then you have the ability to use Seguin on the PP or any point in the game when an offensive spark is needed or one of the top 6 aren't doing it.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing with Seguin, but unfortunately he's been branded a guy that doesn't "fit" the 4th line and coach seems to think the only decision is between Ryder and Seguin. Let's not sugar-coat Seguin's shortcomings. The lack of creativity on how to use him is the real problem.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin:
    [QUOTE]Kelly plays for Boston?  Never noticed....
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

^^ Yeah who?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Put Tyler in, why not, 8 minutes of ice time

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Julien seems to regard Seguin in the lineup as a zero-sum game. Let's face the facts: it's hard to ignore that he's soft on the puck, doesn't win the battles along the boards, is a defensive liability and skates way too many shifts circle-to-circle in both ends without much of an impact. He'll get there, but the question now is what to do in Games 2, 3, 4, etc. However, your 4th line guys are only getting 9 minutes a game anyway, and the idea that Seguin HAS to be a 3rd line guy or nothing at all just doesn't make sense to me. I want Campbell to have more minutes by bumping him up to center the 3rd, drop Kelly to center the 4th and have Seguin take Thornton's spot. A Paille-Kelly-Seguin 4th line can handle 9 minutes a game, and then you have the ability to use Seguin on the PP or any point in the game when an offensive spark is needed or one of the top 6 aren't doing it. It doesn't have to be all or nothing with Seguin, but unfortunately he's been branded a guy that doesn't "fit" the 4th line and coach seems to think the only decision is between Ryder and Seguin. Let's not sugar-coat Seguin's shortcomings. The lack of creativity on how to use him is the real problem.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Your exactly right and thats part of the flaw in CJs stubborness. "need fourth line muckers" he cant make a single tiny change or I think his head might explode.

On the contrary I thought that the 4thline was easily one of the best lines last night and that asides from 2 strong shifts to open the game Ryder was completely invisible. So there could also be something to be gained by taking out ryder.

Do you want the guy who actually tries only 2 shifts a game. Or the kid who will try every shift but still has alot to learn. Its a tough decision for a coahc especially in the playoffs. Which brings me to the fact that they shouldve resolved this issue MONTHS AGO! When they had  chance to give seguin legit top6 time and develop him so this wouldnt be an issue now!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Like the Seguin for Kelly swap....have Peverley play the middle, Seguin on the right side & move Ryder to the left side for the one bang; its all he's good for anyway is his shot.  Kelly looks overwhelmed & not good in the circle at all.  OR bump him to the fourth line and have Paille watch from upstairs, not a huge fan of his game at all.  I like Thornton in there, godo presence, actually a higher skill level than most see, much better than Paille, hes a speed skater not a hockey player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Altus123. Show Altus123's posts

It would be nice to have Seguin's speed to match the Habs quickness, but he needs to take his skirt off.  I know he's just a kid, but I've never seen a pro shy away from contact like he does. 

I think you need Thornton out there for the energy.  He also had a much better +/- than Seguin and about the same # of points.

The B's need to be physical against these Habs, adh Seguin is not going to bring that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyDan. Show NeelyDan's posts

Guys, they've had Seguin all year, eh - I agree he should be put in there, but let's not make him out to be more than what he is at this stage, which is a kid who is fearful of any physical contact.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Yea I dont know in what universe Paille is better then Seguin.  Fire Julien and it will do for Seguin what firing Tocchet did for Steven Stamkos.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]Claudes an old stuborn mule who is set in his ways and can't waiver from anything different from his system. This Bruins fan thinks it time Uncle cam takes this mule behind the barn and shoot it out of its missery!
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

KILL THE STUBBORN MULE. ENOUGH OF PAILLE, RYDER, THORNTON, RECCI, KELLY, ETC. WHERE WAS KAMPFER

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I'd like to see him in their too - but I don't think he is yet capable of making the kinds of plays that would have been needed to score last night.  There's a reason he does much better in the shootout than in-game: he just isn't good at beating NHL caliber defenders yet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]Put Tyler in, why not, 8 minutes of ice time
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]

Why you ask, because all season long the same posters who say he should be playing, say he needs more minutes to produce. So with only 8 minutes on the ice, thats not enough for him to produce. So why bother putting him in. If the B's go down 2-0 in the series, then I say maybe give the kid a chance.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, they've had Seguin all year, eh - I agree he should be put in there, but let's not make him out to be more than what he is at this stage, which is a kid who is fearful of any physical contact.
    Posted by NeelyDan[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Most everyone on here thinks he's this teams savior. Im sorry everyone, but its just not there for him this year. He has a lot to improve on and the playoffs arent the time for it. Everyone needs to come to grips with the fact that he just isnt what we all expected, but in a couple years he may be.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

perhaps Seguin will put up bigger numbers when he's not playing in the most unbalanced system in the NHL...food for thought

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Altus123. Show Altus123's posts

There's a reason he does much better in the shootout than in-game: he just isn't good at beating NHL caliber defenders yet.
    Posted by DrCC

exactly.  he was probably used to walking around players in junior hockey.  he's playing witht eh big boys now, though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]perhaps Seguin will put up bigger numbers when he's not playing in the most unbalanced system in the NHL...food for thought
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

He cant beat an NHL defensman One on One like he could in Juniors, SO NO he wont put up bigger numbers flying around not learning the game. He'd be more lost than he is now.

Sections
Shortcuts