Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

Re: Seguin

Tyler Seguin is not the answer, - not yet anyway.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

As soon a Wheeler left boston, he put up big numbers, I've had it with Humpty Dumpty and his coaching. I've supported him for years

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin:
    [QUOTE]I'd like to see him in their too - but I don't think he is yet capable of making the kinds of plays that would have been needed to score last night.  There's a reason he does much better in the shootout than in-game: he just isn't good at beating NHL caliber defenders yet.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Disagree. I've seen Seguin make passes that only Bergeron and Savard can make. Lucic, for example, simply can not pass at all, while Horton is actually a good passer. Maybe Seguin is not made for the corners or can't deke yet but the way to beat a team packing it in in front of the goalie is to go east/west (side to side) with passing and Seguin is very good at that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Ryder is terrible, another bad Chiarelli contract.  Give the kid a chance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

No way CJ starts the Kid in game 2, he loves his muckers (and Ryder) way too much.  I predict the same lineup

TT could play better as well, I don't know if I've ever seen him steal a playoff game with stellar play like Price and Ward have done to us in games/years past.  But I guess that's a topic for another post

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Who can do more offensively with the puck Seguin or Thornton ? Who can do more with the puck in the open ice Ryder or Seguin passing or shooting ? You don't leave offensive talent up in the stands when the two alternatives either haven't earned the icetime or are not needed because there is no chance of an enforcer being needed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin:
    [QUOTE]Who can do more offensively with the puck Seguin or Thornton ? Who can do more with the puck in the open ice Ryder or Seguin passing or shooting ? You don't leave offensive talent up in the stands when the two alternatives either haven't earned the icetime or are not needed because there is no chance of an enforcer being needed.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

That's exactly it.

All this talk about Seguin being "soft" and "hasn't produced this year" is totally missing the forest for the trees.

1) He hasn't gotten nearly the ice time he needed to get better in all facets of the game, but that doesn't mean his speed and hands and very good shot can't help and

2) even at his WORST he's a better offensive threat than Thornton or Paille, or even, it seems sometimes--Ryder.

For crying out loud, Gretzky put it best: 100% of the shots you don't take don't go in the net.

leaving Seguin in the press box is just another ultra-conservative wasted move by a coach who's underachieved his entire time in Boston by neing just that: overly cautious, stubborn, old-fashioned, and un-willing to take chances.

If there was EVER a time to take some d*mn chances it is RIGHT NOW. Do we not see yet another 1 and done coming straight down the Mass Pike if he doesn't???

I cannot fathom how anyone at this juncture sees Claude's system beating the Canadiens. It's doomed for failure as long as the Bruins trail by even one goal. It's stupid, It's infuriating, and no one's saying Seguin is the 2nd coming of Espo, but he's GOT to be better than the plodding, grinding, go-nowhere "offense" and 4 lines of blah that CJ's shoving out there now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

how many times did i see gill front up on horton last night shutting down that line. with home ice how does that happen? are the canadiens that quick on the changes? maybe the ever stubborness of CJ? lines should have been tested when the B,s were established in the #3 slot of the playoffs. why not put seguin up with the krecji line & horton with bergeron so montreal cant put gill out shutting down the #1 line. make them think alittle! CJ makes it easy for them

Sections
Shortcuts