Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Seguin

No Seidenberg dropped his stick then Bergenhiem got lucky as Dennis's kick save went right to his stick on the first goal. Tyler's assignment in the Dzone on that goal is his counter part center not a left winger Bergenheim.

Watch the relplay again as Ference and Ryder look like orange cones on the Clarke goal how is that Seguin's fault ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin:
    [QUOTE]No Seidenberg dropped his stick then Bergenhiem got lucky as Dennis's kick save went right to his stick on the first goal. Tyler's assignment in the Dzone on that goal is his counter part center not a left winger Bergenheim. Watch the relplay again as Ference and Ryder look like orange cones on the Clarke goal how is that Seguin's fault ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Did I say Seguin directly was accountable for the Bergenheim goal? Clearly had Seidenberg had his stick he would have cleared the puck and non-issue. You can try to jedi-mind trick other arguments some other time. My point was, as I clearly stated, he was on the ice for both goals. Part of the reason he hasnt been more integrated is that his overall game is high-risk high-reward. As his hiccup on the boards DID lead to the other goal. I do love the kid's potential, but try again SanDog.
    Go B'S!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Seguin had nothing to do with either goal he was on the ice for it has nothing to do with Obie One Kenobi. Your statement was that Bruins shouldn't gety to hyped about Tyler's play last night so the only thing that is clear to me is you didn't watch the two goals and where Seguin was at the time he had his assignment on both goals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin : No way Ryder sits.  He's like a slot machine, you sit there and wait for it to payoff.  That is why gambling is so addictive.  You never know when your reward is coming.  Juien is addicted to Ryder.  It's Thornton obviously. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]
    Great analogy. Also when he does pay off, CJ doesn't know to get up and walk away!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Claude is stubborn, and allready passing Seguin off as "he was Ok". Claude's decisions could wreck this train. Caron should have replaced thornton two weeks ago

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin had nothing to do with either goal he was on the ice for it has nothing to do with Obie One Kenobi. Your statement was that Bruins shouldn't gety to hyped about Tyler's play last night so the only thing that is clear to me is you didn't watch the two goals and where Seguin was at the time he had his assignment on both goals.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Wrong on both accounts chum. Im not going to crap on Seguin because, once again, I do like his potential and much of his game and his offense contribution last night. However, I have a question for you. Do you really only fault defensemen or the goalie for goals scored? YOU need to re-watch the replays.
    First goal, although it was Bergenheim who scored, it was Seguin's assignment Hedman, who got his shot off through a really poor block attempt by Seguin. A better block attempt should come when he adds that to his game. Second goal, Seguin floats/chases the play from the redline. Again, using his speed to add to his defensive game will come. To say that he should have stopped those goals is silly, but clearly he could have done more in both cases. I hate to see when it looks like the kid is taking defensive lessons from Ryder. Dont go throwing jabs about watching the game, you can watch the game closer yourself.
    Go B'S!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin : Wrong on both accounts chum. Im not going to crap on Seguin because, once again, I do like his potential and much of his game and his offense contribution last night. However, I have a question for you. Do you really only fault defensemen or the goalie for goals scored? YOU need to re-watch the replays. First goal, although it was Bergenheim who scored, it was Seguin's assignment Hedman, who got his shot off through a really poor block attempt by Seguin. A better block attempt should come when he adds that to his game. Second goal, Seguin floats/chases the play from the redline. Again, using his speed to add to his defensive game will come. To say that he should have stopped those goals is silly, but clearly he could have done more in both cases. I hate to see when it looks like the kid is taking defensive lessons from Ryder. Dont go throwing jabs about watching the game, you can watch the game closer yourself. Go B'S!
    Posted by Sportsnutty[/QUOTE]
    Neither goal was directly Seguin's fault. He was where he should've been on both plays.His only turnover led to a great scoring chance(broken up by Ference)but no goal. Give the kid his due. He finished at even with 2 points in a 5-2 loss(under 10 min. of ice). His linemates both finished the games in the minus.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin : Neither goal was directly Seguin's fault. He was where he should've been on both plays.His only turnover led to a great scoring chance(broken up by Ference)but no goal. Give the kid his due. He finished at even with 2 points in a 5-2 loss(under 10 min. of ice). His linemates both finished the games in the minus.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    This was never a not give the kid his due post. I simply stated that although he had a good game he was on the ice for the first two goals. Fact, not opinion. Again, love the kid's skill, potential, and speed, and although he was "in the right place" for both goals, he has room to improve defensively (obvious?) hence his short minutes. Hope he continues to improve defensively and trends less toward Ryder and more towards Marchand in that respect.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin : This was never a not give the kid his due post. I simply stated that although he had a good game he was on the ice for the first two goals. Fact, not opinion. Again , love the kid's skill, potential, and speed, and although he was "in the right place" for both goals, he has room to improve defensively (obvious?) hence his short minutes. Hope he continues to improve defensively and trends less toward Ryder and more towards Marchand in that respect.
    Agreed!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Seguin played great last night. But, I think he totally miffed on his goal. He was intending to go high. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

How would Seguin do on the point during the PP?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin : Wrong on both accounts chum. Im not going to crap on Seguin because, once again,

it was Seguin's assignment Hedman, who got his shot off through a really poor block attempt by Seguin. Posted by Sportsnutty[/QUOTE]

"He was on the ice for the Bolts first two goals.Factor that in when you're calling for him to have 15 minuties of TOI."

Seguin did nothing wrong on either goal that should limit his TOI and Hedman was not his assignment on the Clark goal Ryder and Ference got worked. You go watch the replay.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

CJ is as stubborn as they come, all of the B's past playoff losses have shown that 
    Claude does NOT make adjustments to what the other team is doing he sticks with his system to the end.

If Bergy comes back, then the kid goes back upstairs even is he scores a hat trick next game.  Claude wants his muckers out there

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin : This was never a not give the kid his due post. I simply stated that although he had a good game he was on the ice for the first two goals. Fact, not opinion. Again , love the kid's skill, potential, and speed, and although he was "in the right place" for both goals, he has room to improve defensively (obvious?) hence his short minutes. Hope he continues to improve defensively and trends less toward Ryder and more towards Marchand in that respect.

You sound like CJ, holding Seguin to a different standard than the veterans.  Plays break down all the time, often attributed to a weak/poor play up ice that directly/indirectly leads to a scoring chance.  The problem is when it is Ryder or Thornton is accepted by the coach, when it is Seguin it is not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

I actually thought Seguin's first two shifts were brutal and the fact that he was running around contributed to the goals because others had to compensate.

I'm probably as big a Seguin fan as there is, and my only problem is his lack of time on the power play. It's inexcusable. It's exactly the place they should use him the most but Claude just doesn't do it. Same with Marchand. Totally baffling.

It's like Claude thinks that if he's loyal to the old guys they'll be loyal back to him when he's fired. Unfortunately I am not joking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

Agree with the PP, Seguin and Marchand had good chemistry on the PP toward the end of the season.  would like to see a line with those 2 and Peverly in the middle.

I'm sure Claude will switch things up and try a new combo to see if he can get some production from the PP.  Oh, that's right he won't

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I really don't know what drugs you people are on. Seguin looked lost in Game 1 just like he has all season. I think it's great that he scored a goal and it was a great goal. But I think most of you CJ haters and Seguin fan boys trully ignore every other part of the game besides scoring goals. Besides the goal, I didn't see much from him and really don't think the Seguin - Peverley - Ryder line matches up with the Downie - Bergenheim - Moore line. 

If you want to play a guy that can shoot, skate and score goals, sure play Seguin as he's one of the best players if you are down several goals. If you're up, he's the last guy I want out there (even Thornton).

Just don't criticize the coach for realizing this kid is a liability anywhere in the defensive zone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

So why not some PP time for the Kid?  can't be any worse 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]I really don't know what drugs you people are on. Seguin looked lost in Game 1 just like he has all season. I think it's great that he scored a goal and it was a great goal. But I think most of you CJ haters and Seguin fan boys trully ignore every other part of the game besides scoring goals. Besides the goal, I didn't see much from him and really don't think the Seguin - Peverley - Ryder line matches up with the Downie - Bergenheim - Moore line.  If you want to play a guy that can shoot, skate and score goals, sure play Seguin as he's one of the best players if you are down several goals. If you're up, he's the last guy I want out there (even Thornton). Just don't criticize the coach for realizing this kid is a liability anywhere in the defensive zone.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...let's see. Seguin, 1 goal, one assist, even +/- (no one on the team was a plus), only 9:38 TOI....BENCH HIM!!!!!! PUT IN THORNTON!! LOL!!!

There really was no Seguin-Peverly-Ryder line considering the line played half the game while Segiun was riding the pine. Peverly and Ryder were plenty terrible defensively without Seguin there....

They were down by a couple of goals so yes Seguin should have gotten more ice-time according to your own post.

And, if he is such a defensive liability but still a scoring threat then there is absolutely no reason to not put him on the PP. What, is the worst PP team in the 2011 playoffs going to get any worse?

Jeesh....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Coaches as well as players have skill sets

It's obvious where CJ strengths and weaknesses are. He's not innovative and he doesn't seem to be able to adapt to the new NHL. He's old school . Not a bad coach and under the right circumstances  could go all the way.

GB on the other hand is a modern style coach with ability to make changes on the fly and utilize his players talent to the teams advantage.

The Bruins could win the series if CJ adapts. Maybe someone in the organization will give him some input

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin : Hmmm...let's see. Seguin, 1 goal, one assist, even +/- (no one on the team was a plus), only 9:38 TOI....BENCH HIM!!!!!! PUT IN THORNTON!! LOL!!! There really was no Seguin-Peverly-Ryder line considering the line played half the game while Segiun was riding the pine. Peverly and Ryder were plenty terrible defensively without Seguin there.... They were down by a couple of goals so yes Seguin should have gotten more ice-time according to your own post. And, if he is such a defensive liability but still a scoring threat then there is absolutely no reason to not put him on the PP. What, is the worst PP team in the 2011 playoffs going to get any worse? Jeesh....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Apparently you saw him play great in the neutral and defensive zones, all I saw was poor play on both. He didn't deserve more ice time IMO, he deserved less. Why CJ didn't move Campbell to the 2nd line when you planned on playing Seguin 4th line minutes is beyond me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin : Apparently you saw him play great in the neutral and defensive zones, all I saw was poor play on both. He didn't deserve more ice time IMO, he deserved less. Why CJ didn't move Campbell to the 2nd line when you planned on playing Seguin 4th line minutes is beyond me.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

If he played that poor then what can be said about the rest of the team, especially the vets. I did not say he was the second coming of 99 or 66, only that he was no worse defensively then some of the alleged "defensive forwards" and certainly more productive then the supposedly "offensive forwards." I am saying he did well with what he was given.

I have no problem with him getting 9 minutes or so 5 on 5 but I do think he can realistically get more minutes on the PP where his defensive shortcomings are less of a liability. Besides, you can not say with a straight face that someone like Thornton is a more productive member for this particular series....I mean really..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think Seguin was good in some areas, poor in others.  He was well utilized by CJ.  I would use him on the powerplay with Marchand.  I like a lefty on the right and a righty on the left and both are creative and can shoot/pass equally well.  It would give some fluidity to the pp.  CJ is not old-school, he is among the most modern coaches in the league.  He is a players coach, heavy into the psychological side of things, and his collapse defense changed the game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin : If he played that poor then what can be said about the rest of the team, especially the vets. I did not say he was the second coming of 99 or 66, only that he was no worse defensively then some of the alleged "defensive forwards" and certainly more productive then the supposedly "offensive forwards." I am saying he did well with what he was given. I have no problem with him getting 9 minutes or so 5 on 5 but I do think he can realistically get more minutes on the PP where his defensive shortcomings are less of a liability. Besides, you can not say with a straight face that someone like Thornton is a more productive member for this particular series....I mean really..
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Against a line that has Downie and Moore, I most certainly can. Last player I want out there vs. that line is a undersized top prospect. Much rather have a banger like Thornton. I also think Thornton understands the system and defensive responsibility more than Seguin.

He is the worst defensive forward on the team and the only players you can with a straight face that he isn't worse than are Ryder and Thornton.

If he showed more in practice on the PP, then yeah, sure put him out there. I just didn't see overwhelming evidence that he was great on the PP and I don't think he really fits on the PP style that the Bs play - along the boards, traffic in front (I know, they should switch the syle but they're not going to this late in the season).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin : Against a line that has Downie and Moore, I most certainly can. Last player I want out there vs. that line is a undersized top prospect. Much rather have a banger like Thornton. I also think Thornton understands the system and defensive responsibility more than Seguin. He is the worst defensive forward on the team and the only players you can with a straight face that he isn't worse than are Ryder and Thornton. If he showed more in practice on the PP, then yeah, sure put him out there. I just didn't see overwhelming evidence that he was great on the PP and I don't think he really fits on the PP style that the Bs play - along the boards, traffic in front (I know, they should switch the syle but they're not going to this late in the season).
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Downie and Moore will skate rings around Thornton. What is Shawn going to do in this series considering no one will fight him...punch the puck in the net with his fists?

And who exactly does show "overwhelming evidence" that they are great on the PP? The team has the worst PP in the playoffs for a reason....

I am not trying to be belligerent but trying to downplay the kids contribution last game considering the outcome is ridiculous to me. Had they won then  maybe your argument would make sense but they didn't and Seguin was the only player who was even remotely productive. Why not use it, or at least try it, in a PP setting?

No one is saying he should get first or second line minutes but sometimes you have to take a little risk to get the reward. I think some PP time is reasonable...

Sections
Shortcuts