Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Seguin

Only beef I have with him right now, is his physical play. Every time he goes to make contact he either misses or he turns and checks the player with his but t.
    Suck it up kid and make some contact out there. I can see the effort, but its as if he avoids the contact on purpose, but makes it look like he is trying.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Seguin

Yes we know Tyler does not like to hit or get hit but at his age I have no problem with him working on it for the next few years as he's scoring goals. Gretzky n Phat Phil tha pill didn't and don't look for contact.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I disagree. I think he's been fairly physical (or as physical as he can be at this point, considering he's probably about 160 pounds). He's finished his checks and has been able to hold the puck in battles better than Ryder.

No complaints here.

Tip if the iceberg with him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin:
    I disagree. I think he's been fairly physical (or as physical as he can be at this point, considering he's probably about 160 pounds). He's finished his checks and has been able to hold the puck in battles better than Ryder. No complaints here. Tip if the iceberg with him.
    Posted by seobrien

He's 6'1" and 182 Lbs according to nhl.com. He should get a bit bigger as he matures a bit more. I don't think he'll ever be a Lucic in the hitting dept., but I agree, he's playing a bit more physical in the playoffs.....and that's good to see. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Seguin:
    Only beef I have with him right now, is his physical play. Every time he goes to make contact he either misses or he turns and checks the player with his but t. Suck it up kid and make some contact out there. I can see the effort, but its as if he avoids the contact on purpose, but makes it look like he is trying.
    Posted by bgrif008

What about his extraordinary cross-ice pass to spring Ryder for the second goal, did you like that?

How many players in the league can do what he did on that play?

If you had a Ferrari would you put it into a demolition derby? Get real, man!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Seguin : What about his extraordinary cross-ice pass to spring Ryder for the second goal, did you like that? How many players in the league can do what he did on that play? If you had a Ferrari would you put it into a demolition derby? Get real, man!
    Posted by Wheatskins

You beat me to it.

Segs isn't out there to be Shawn Thornton...he's out there to provide skill, speed, goals, and sweet passes like that one he made to Ryder. He's got time to develop muscle and more brawn and bravery--remember, he's only 19--but for now he's showing remarkable poise and maturity--and much needed offensive prowess--for a kid his age.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

He's just a kid. A few years in the league will toughen him up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Seguin : What about his extraordinary cross-ice pass to spring Ryder for the second goal, did you like that? How many players in the league can do what he did on that play? If you had a Ferrari would you put it into a demolition derby? Get real, man!
    Posted by Wheatskins

I'll second that - you beat me to it as well.

IMO Seguin didn't get nearly enough credit for that pass.

Yah, ok, I'm a broken record, but this kid should be getting more ice and certainly pp time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PianosAreFun. Show PianosAreFun's posts

I have no problem with Seguin's game last night.  The rest of the B's are physical enough to make up for him.  Anyway, I don't see that he's shying away from contact all that much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I have no problem with Seguin's game last night.  The rest of the B's are physical enough to make up for him.  Anyway, I don't see that he's shying away from contact all that much.
    Posted by PianosAreFun

Watch his hits, generally he ends up hitting the boards right in front of or behind the guy he is targeting.  It can only be a missed check so often before it seems like a pattern.  With that sadi, I love the kid, he's skating so hard it seems like he is always involved in the play when he is on the ice.  He makes the right reads and is just as likely to pass as he is to shoot.  This kid has a tremendous future, and IMO he is an above average third liner right now.  I wish he were getting more PT, but please don't take that as a knock on CJ, because I don't expect to be in lockstep with any person's thinking, especially not one whom I've never met.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Seguin has been showing his skating, passing and shooting talent. More than the great pass to Slyder, his constant ability to pass to an open man, flat on the ice reception, or turn and put a shot on goal for rebounds or faceoffs. If the knuckleheads are looking for Lucic like slam-bang, forget it and stick with Thornton. Did you notice how Thornton misses his checks regularly, and that's why he is out there, his stick waving in the atmosphere, no sense on how to pass the puck effectivley; he's not there for a skillful performance, but he does help the Canucks  keep their heads up, and has justified Julien re-inserting him when the Canucks decided to bang bodies. Thorny has filled his role, just like Seguin is filling his.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Kid playing a mans game. The kid is doing great for his size and experience, the only problem is both are small. Once he adds another 20 lbs in the offseason, he'll have more confidence on the boards and be stronger on his stick.

What we are seeing from him this year is flashes of the brilliance we will have the pleasure to see for the next 10+ years. 

Think about how great this experience is for a young kid. The season has weathered him for a great career.

There is only upside from here as he has all of the things you can't teach. (I've said this 1,001 times, I know)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Posted by Wheatskins

Amen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

I disagree. I think he's been fairly physical (or as physical as he can be at this point, considering he's probably about 160 pounds). He's finished his checks and has been able to hold the puck in battles better than Ryder. No complaints here. Tip if the iceberg with him.
    Posted by seobrien

He's getting into it. He's learning. He should be a little careful. Hockey players nowadays are so big, and he's not fully grown. His body is not ready for that type of contact.

Sections
Shortcuts