Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Seguin

Long story short, I don't think body checking is the key ingredient that Seguin is missing right now. Anyone expecting him to be a big hitter will be greatly disappointed. It's not his game. I'm OK with it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think I wasn't clear on Seguin's forechecking.  I'm thinking of when there is a clear turnover and the other guys have it clearly and begin to move it out of the zone.  It's that situation where I believe Seguin is better than anyone.  For the loose puck situation and when possesion isn't clear, Bergeron is superior in that scenario.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Long story short, I don't think body checking is the key ingredient that Seguin is missing right now. Anyone expecting him to be a big hitter will be greatly disappointed. It's not his game. I'm OK with it.

Ditto!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

a) He's a plus 8 right now.  the highest on the team.

b) He's 6th in scoring on the team.

I add together (a) and (b) and conclude he must be doing something to influence that plus 8.

Unless you want to argue that the plus 8 has nothing to do with him, and in that case I say bs.

I put (a) and (b) together and conclude (c) he's playing with Bergeron.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

BadHab is spot on in this thread. Agree with pretty much everything he posted here. Can't believe some of the crap I just read... comparing him to Semin? Embellishment? Soft?

6 points in 11 games, trade this bum while he has value. Slumping is not allowed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I add together (a) and (b) and conclude he must be doing something to influence that plus 8.

Unless you want to argue that the plus 8 has nothing to do with him, and in that case I say bs.

Really?  So how is it that Bergeron is a plus 6?  Using my advanced math I see a plus 8 being better than plus 6.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And I forgot to say what I promised, except I'll spell it out.  bullshit

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Really?  So how is it that Bergeron is a plus 6?  Using my advanced math I see a plus 8 being better than plus 6.

Advanced math = +2 playing with Krejci for a couple of hot offensive shifts in Montreal .

+6 the rest of the season with Bergeron.

You're not very good at this stats thing, are you ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Lets just agree that placing seguin with bergy was a great move by cj bcs he has developed into a future selke along with bergy. A great two way line for years too come. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Advanced math = +2 playing with Krejci for a couple of hot offensive shifts in Montreal .

Using that rational we can also say that all his pts can be attributed to his linemates as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Using that rational we can also say that all his pts can be attributed to his linemates as well.

Yes.......all 6 of them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

Lets just agree that placing seguin with bergy was a great move by cj bcs he has developed into a future selke along with bergy. A great two way line for years too come. 

I'm expecting Lars Volden to win the Vezina before this happens.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If I may ( thanks Wheat ). In junior, he was a player who would have stretches of being very quiet. Then bang, he'd be on fire. 

So far as an NHLer I see no change.

As Bruins fans we all would like him to be a "franchise player". Franchise players bring their "A" games on most nights . They are usually the best players on the ice night after night.

He is not.

But it doesn't mean he can't develop into that type a player. He's still learning and improving. ( Think of his first year to where he's at now ).

Presently he could be categorized as a "core player" with the ability to become that franchise player we all want him to be.

Only other thing I would add to this has also already been said "picked up some bad habits in the Swiss league".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I'm thinking when all is said and done he'll have his points by the end of the season. 

But I'm also thinking I'd rather see him be more consistent night after night offensively rather then it coming in bunches with stretches of nothing in between.