Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: Seguin

In response to seobrien's comment:

I keep waiting for them to break out...and it's getting frustrating. They didn't even generate more than the random opportunity last night, which was surprising to me. The 4th line has been a better offensive line. FWIW, I didn't think Seguin was playing hero hockey last night. I don't think it's entirely fair to single out Seguin, Marchand has not been good either. Come to think of it, I'm trying to remember Bergeron's offensive contributions last night, not too much stands out.

I predicted last night as that line's coming out party. I was wrong

And had Seguin buried that breakaway bid (which he very nearly did), would that had been deemed their "coming out party"? I think they're doing just fine. I'd expect those 3 to begin tearing it up really soon. Hopefully the other lines can keep it going while they try to catch up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I wish he would have gone forehand on that 1 on 1 attempt. He had more room and if my memory serves right he almost always goes backhand.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I wish he would have gone forehand on that 1 on 1 attempt. He had more room and if my memory serves right he almost always goes backhand.

I think he was over eager, I think he was seeing that in the back of the net.

I expect he'll get over this hurdle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

In response to jalvis's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Seguin:  0-0-0

Bergeron:  0-0-0

Marchand:  0-1-1

And the cause is Seguin trying to be the hero.

Or, maybe they are all playing great hockey and just haven't found the back of the net in the FIRST THREE GAMES.

I agree.  If they keep playing well the goals will come.  And sooner than later, I think

Agree, the goals WILL come.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Yes, he does because that move usually works.  It didn't go in. It happens. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Yes, he does because that move usually works.  It didn't go in. It happens. 

I know :) I love it, I roofed on off the back crossbar last night and it felt pretty awesome haha. Occasionally you do have to switch it up though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to NeelyOrr's comment:

In response to jalvis's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Seguin:  0-0-0

Bergeron:  0-0-0

Marchand:  0-1-1

And the cause is Seguin trying to be the hero.

Or, maybe they are all playing great hockey and just haven't found the back of the net in the FIRST THREE GAMES.

I agree.  If they keep playing well the goals will come.  And sooner than later, I think

Agree, the goals WILL come.

With Jagr line playing well last night not as concerned,but yes they soon have to start scoring.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

I have been wonderingg if he has been playing hero hockey.  I do not feel strongly enough to say I believe he is.  But at times it seems like his linmates, especially Marchand, are not expecting the pass. 

When he made the behind the back pass to Marchand I felt it was a good idea.  It seemed Marchnd had cut to the middle to follow the puck on net because he was not expecting a pass.

So have I turned into my crazy uncle or has anyone else thought he has been a bit selfish.  To be clear I don't think it's a matter of wanting to be a hero but rather just attempting to carry more burden then is necesary which in turn makes him predictable?

Yes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Reimer was deep in his net as he was when Paille scored with his backhand. Any backhanders are a tough read for a goalie, high ones are even tougher. Seguin is snake bitten, but I love how he's playing. Reimer has his # for the moment, but I predict he has 4 goals before this series is done.

I'm actually more concerned about Marchands play then Seguins. To me he's been the biggest disappointment on the team so far. Only because he's held in higher regard because of his performance in the cup run & WJC. He's been tabbed as a gamer & with the exception of his great pk'ing. He really hasn't done much. He also has a great shot & he's not using it. Seguin has one & is at least trying to use it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Reimer was deep in his net as he was when Paille scored with his backhand. Any backhanders are a tough read for a goalie, high ones are even tougher. Seguin is snake bitten, but I love how he's playing. Reimer has his # for the moment, but I predict he has 4 goals before this series is done.

I'm actually more concerned about Marchands play then Seguins. To me he's been the biggest disappointment on the team so far. Only because he's held in higher regard because of his performance in the cup run & WJC. He's been tabbed as a gamer & with the exception of his great pk'ing. He really hasn't done much. He also has a great shot & he's not using it. Seguin has one & is at least trying to use it. 

I just wish some body on thet line would start scoring,think they just need one to get them going,lucky bounce off one of ther buts or something.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I know that backhanders are hard to read, but he always does the same forehand backhand move. He had more room on the forehand.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I'm probably the only one, but I'm ok with the Bergeron line not scoring right now.  Most players usually go through hot and cold stretches.  As long as the Krejci line is hot, the Bergeron line doesn't have to be.  I'm just hoping they pick up the slack when the Krejci line comes back down to earth.  Horton has always been a streaky player and scores in bunches.  He'll score four or five in a row and then go scoreless in five games.  When all goes well, like in 2011, you'll have one line take over when the other one falters.  I'm not worried at all about the Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin line.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I know that backhanders are hard to read, but he always does the same forehand backhand move. He had more room on the forehand.

OK Lamb....Let me try saying this. Yes he goes to the backhand, because it works a lot. Do you think Seguin isn't gripping the stick a little tight? You think he likes getting stoned like this? He's not just going backhand here. He went forehand & ripped it off the pipe. He's ripped at least 3 more forehand shots along the ice, 2 more forehands about a foot off the ice, one big time turn around, forehanded one timer that Reimer was screened & still got the pad on it. So why would you try going forehand when the first 15-16 shots haven't worked? He's scored that way on both Reimer & Scrivens that way in the past. He's snakebitten & had a great opportunity to use a great move that's tough to stop to get himself out of it. Why your still complaining about it is beyond me. I could see if he tried 4 or 5 backhanders in a row on breakaways, but he's tried forehanders on numerous occasions in this series. And you're complaining about him changing it up? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

OK Lamb....Let me try saying this. Yes he goes to the backhand, because it works a lot. Do you think Seguin isn't gripping the stick a little tight? You think he likes getting stoned like this? He's not just going backhand here. He went forehand & ripped it off the pipe. He's ripped at least 3 more forehand shots along the ice, 2 more forehands about a foot off the ice, one big time turn around, forehanded one timer that Reimer was screened & still got the pad on it. So why would you try going forehand when the first 15-16 shots haven't worked? He's scored that way on both Reimer & Scrivens that way in the past. He's snakebitten & had a great opportunity to use a great move that's tough to stop to get himself out of it. Why your still complaining about it is beyond me. I could see if he tried 4 or 5 backhanders in a row on breakaways, but he's tried forehanders on numerous occasions in this series. And you're complaining about him changing it up? 

Yes I am. He hasn't gone forehand on a breakaway. If you can show me one where he did I'll take it back, but I can't remember a single instance where he went forehand off a deke (I'm not going to count breaking across the crease where his only option is a forehanded shot). He takes wrist shots when he has the opportunity which is everytime he goes up the wing and rips his shot off the glass. He goes back hand when he's given space. We're not talking about a shot, we're talking about a one-on-one, basically a breakaway, to the front of the net with several TO defenders on the left side of the net and a wide open empty space to his right. He goes right and misses we retain posession and cycle in open ice, he misses backhand and its in a mess of defenders. You're a goalie, I'm a forward, you're not going to change my mind that there was a better option on this play. I won't take away the fact that he gave a solid effort, but I think he had a better choice.

Gripping the stick to tight? It's not a recent development of missing the net, its been a persistent thing I've noticed for awhile now. For clarification I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing out things that I would like to see improve.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

I'm probably the only one, but I'm ok with the Bergeron line not scoring right now.  Most players usually go through hot and cold stretches.  As long as the Krejci line is hot, the Bergeron line doesn't have to be.  I'm just hoping they pick up the slack when the Krejci line comes back down to earth.  Horton has always been a streaky player and scores in bunches.  He'll score four or five in a row and then go scoreless in five games.  When all goes well, like in 2011, you'll have one line take over when the other one falters.  I'm not worried at all about the Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin line.

I see it as a positive too GNB. The team is up in a series in which the BSM has yet to officially score in. They will start scoring before the series ends. I worthlessly  guarantee it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Sequin's (and Bergeron and Marchand's) time will come this series. The fact that it hasn't happened yet pretty much means they'll likely start to produce when they're needed most in the coming games. 

Sections
Shortcuts