Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Seguin

I'm not worried.  He's in a funk.  He has 2 awesome linemates who can and will help him. plus a coach and management team with serious skin in the game.  It's all good, let's not get too low on the kid.  He will be a star in this league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Seguin

He's not in a funk in my opinion.  He is playing hard.  He's fighting for pucks, something that he hasn't done much of in the past.  Yeah, his shots haven't gone in, but they're of a much higher quality than the quick circle flicks that we're used to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I see your point NAS but a couple times last night I had to wonder what he was thinking.  I wish he would use his linemates more instead of trying to go 1 on 1 vs. the D and either just losing possession or firing it wide which turns into a clean breakout for the Leafs.  He's trying too hard IMO he should take a page out of Krecji's book and seek out options, after all he's got talented linemates

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I'm not worried.  He's in a funk.  He has 2 awesome linemates who can and will help him. plus a coach and management team with serious skin in the game.  It's all good, let's not get too low on the kid.  He will be a star in this league.

I agree entirely. He's making some poor decisions because he's pressing too hard and tryng to do too much. H's still working very hard so I'm not worried about him at all. The points will come in bunches once he gets the monkey off his back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

I agree entirely. He's making some poor decisions because he's pressing too hard and tryng to do too much. H's still working very hard so I'm not worried about him at all. The points will come in bunches once he gets the monkey off his back.

Bingo dez and we all know you're only as good as your last game, around here anyway!  Wait til he has a big game and people will be waving the pom poms for him again

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah I have not been happy with some of his decesion making but he is working hard, skating hard and he's also been better at taking the hit to move the puck. Tyler and Marchand will get it going soon, I have faith in them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

He's been skating hard and coming back defensively all year. CJ ain't the easiest coach to play for and satisfy, especially for a 21 year old. That line isn't producing, and all three have to share the blame. They'll break out and soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd be worried if he wasnt getting his chances. Agree with Dez, once they come, they will coem in bunches. I'd love to see him pot a couple next game, just because it's against Kessels team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

He's playing well defensively, always comes back deep to mark his man or cover for a teammate... the offense will come.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

All good points but I find myself wanting him to just shoot at the net. His passing game lately has been horrid. After watching the game a second time via DVR -- he's connecting approximately once with a teamate for every 4 times to a leaf. Otherwise -- can't complain -- great energy and starting to throw the body quite a bit. He's due for that big goal -- hoping for tomorrow night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

He will score in game five!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

first, I'm so not worried. He'll score one goal and get the monkey off his back and boom. I think Seguin is kind of an emotional guy, and he lets scoring slumps effect him. Now, is it really necessarily to have to threads labelled "seguin?" I'm pretty sure the other one was on the front page yesterday. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Still maturing, but I think he'll put some in the net before this Stanley Cup run is over.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

It is not as simple as this obviously but I think Tyler needs to remember that hockey is fun.  Playing in a big game 6 basically in his hometown is the type of thing you dream of when you are a kid.  Forget the stats and just go and play your game and enjoy it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Seguin has put some really good shots on net and on posts.

I think that's valuable, you make a goalie work hard you can tire him out.

I see this as another step in his evolution, and I think he is still evolving a LOT.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Seguin has put some really good shots on net and on posts.

I think that's valuable, you make a goalie work hard you can tire him out.

I see this as another step in his evolution, and I think he is still evolving a LOT.

You're right, BH.  For sure in his ongoing growth as a player he's learning how to compete consistently at the NHL level.  We don't see him reluctant to get in the mix and muck it up as we sometimes did previously. 

I think as his development continues among other things he'll learn to use his linemates in more offensive situations like finding an open man on forays into the opposition's end instead of trying to do it all himself and go one-on-several and dousing potentially dangerous Bruin opportunities.  He'll be the offensive dagger man for years to come.  Thank you, Kessel.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Seguin is one of the least-threatening bruins players. He's playing like a 3rd liner.

Jagr and Seguin should be flip-flopped.

BTW, my brother was out bowling/getting drunk before game 2, Seguin was out partying on a game-night. Believe it. The kid is not improving on the ice, and he's indifferent off the ice.

Kessel is a much better player. TBH, unless Dougie Hamilton develops into a #1 pairing defensemen, people need to start admiting that Burke got the better deal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Here we go again. Doesn't matter what Seguin's doing or how hard he's working or contributing on the ice. If he isn't putting up points then he's not doing what he he's paid to do. Five games and ZERO, I'll say it again, ZERO points. Stop making excuses. 

Imagine negotiating a contract for Seguin like this.

Ian Pulver: Look, he'll work real hard, skate really fast and the ladies will love him. But he won't score any goals or get any assists.

Peter Chiarelli: Where do I sign?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

0 points  he is a bust 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to Olsonic's comment:

Seguin is one of the least-threatening bruins players. He's playing like a 3rd liner.

Jagr and Seguin should be flip-flopped.

BTW, my brother was out bowling/getting drunk before game 2, Seguin was out partying on a game-night. Believe it. The kid is not improving on the ice, and he's indifferent off the ice.

Kessel is a much better player. TBH, unless Dougie Hamilton develops into a #1 pairing defensemen, people need to start admiting that Burke got the better deal.

I agree, Seguin and Jagr should flip lines. My issue right now with Seguin is his one on one decisions. He goes at the defense as fast as he can. He hasnt beat anyone one on one in ages. He has speed, but its not enough to beat any defenseman. Then most of the time he loses the puck trying to beat the defense with some move he is trying. I would like to see him do a little more slowing down and waiting for his linemates to catch up on the play.  But I agree with others. He is working hard and has had chances. Maybe a little line change could get the kid going.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Okay, so Seguin was at the bowling alley, drinking before Game 2, or your brother was out bowling and drinking before Game 2 and then after Game 2, he saw Seguin out?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If Marchand and Bergeron were playing better, Seguin wouldn't be forced to try to do it all alone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Okay, so Seguin was at the bowling alley, drinking before Game 2, or your brother was out bowling and drinking before Game 2 and then after Game 2, he saw Seguin out?

NAS - I couldn't figure it out either

Sections
Shortcuts