Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Seguin

In response to Olsonic's comment:

Seguin is one of the least-threatening bruins players. He's playing like a 3rd liner.

Jagr and Seguin should be flip-flopped.

BTW, my brother was out bowling/getting drunk before game 2, Seguin was out partying on a game-night. Believe it. The kid is not improving on the ice, and he's indifferent off the ice.

Kessel is a much better player. TBH, unless Dougie Hamilton develops into a #1 pairing defensemen, people need to start admiting that Burke got the better deal.

Will the sum of all parts ( Seguin, Hamilton and Knight ) indicate this down the road ? Currently this is true as it always was going to be until these players got older.

Let's just wait a few years before proclaiming a Burke victory. Kessel has a few more years in the NHL compared to two first year pros and Seguin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Seguin is growing as an NHL caliber player, but don't expect a young 21 year old to be as mature as his older teammates. That capability will come. IMO Marchand is hurt and doesn't have the slashing speed we know he can bring, which contributes to Seguin's and Bergeron's results as well. Reimer was the story last night, once the Bruins woke up he was exceptional, so give him credit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Okay, so Seguin was at the bowling alley, drinking before Game 2, or your brother was out bowling and drinking before Game 2 and then after Game 2, he saw Seguin out?

I think Seguin got drunk at the bowling alley before game 2.  He must have sobered up pretty quickly because I don't recall him falling all over the ice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

I don't know what kinda black and gold tinted glasses some of you are assessing this situation with, but this kid Seguin has been a flop lately. No other way to sugar coat or spin it. Completely disappears in the playoffs. This kid is supposed to be our bona fide superstar! Superstars don't disappear in the playoffs, they rise to the occasion. CJ coddles this kid too much, as do many fans. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:

I don't know what kinda black and gold tinted glasses some of you are assessing this situation with, but this kid Seguin has been a flop lately. No other way to sugar coat or spin it. Completely disappears in the playoffs. This kid is supposed to be our bona fide superstar! Superstars don't disappear in the playoffs, they rise to the occasion. CJ coddles this kid too much, as do many fans. 

Are you talking about the same Seguin who holds an Nhl record with 4 points in one playoff period? My memory has him doing it in the semi finals. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Seguin is one of the least-threatening bruins players. He's playing like a 3rd liner.

Jagr and Seguin should be flip-flopped.

BTW, my brother was out bowling/getting drunk before game 2, Seguin was out partying on a game-night. Believe it. The kid is not improving on the ice, and he's indifferent off the ice.

Kessel is a much better player. TBH, unless Dougie Hamilton develops into a #1 pairing defensemen, people need to start admiting that Burke got the better deal.

Will the sum of all parts ( Seguin, Hamilton and Knight ) indicate this down the road ? Currently this is true as it always was going to be until these players got older.

Let's just wait a few years before proclaiming a Burke victory. Kessel has a few more years in the NHL compared to two first year pros and Seguin.

No need to even wait a few years Chowdah. Kessel probably won't even resign in Toronto when his contract is up and they've only reached the post season once in the four years he's been there. If Burke was even remotely close to being a winner on the Kessel deal he'd probably still be working in Toronto. Ask the other 29 GMs today if they'd rather have Kessel or Seguin, Hamilton, and Knight and I doubt that even one would pick Kessel. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Maybe in the off season we could trade him for Kessel

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Here we go again. Doesn't matter what Seguin's doing or how hard he's working or contributing on the ice. If he isn't putting up points then he's not doing what he he's paid to do. Five games and ZERO, I'll say it again, ZERO points. Stop making excuses. 

Imagine negotiating a contract for Seguin like this.

Ian Pulver: Look, he'll work real hard, skate really fast and the ladies will love him. But he won't score any goals or get any assists.

Peter Chiarelli: Where do I sign?

Chara needs to pick Seguin and Marchandv up by the neck,and tell them both to do something

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Here we go again. Doesn't matter what Seguin's doing or how hard he's working or contributing on the ice. If he isn't putting up points then he's not doing what he he's paid to do. Five games and ZERO, I'll say it again, ZERO points. Stop making excuses. 

Ian Pulver: Look, he'll work real hard, skate really fast and the ladies will love him. But he won't score any goals or get any assists.

How about Corey Perry?  How many points does he have in the playoffs?  Would his contract negotiation sound the same?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Okay, so Seguin was at the bowling alley, drinking before Game 2, or your brother was out bowling and drinking before Game 2 and then after Game 2, he saw Seguin out?

I dunno either..Maybe we need cosci to help us figure it out?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Bench him. Six games and 27 shots later, this healthy 'work in progress' has produced nothing. As of next season he'll be making $4.5 million too. Wow, has he ever earned it this series, eh?

Bench him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why does Seguin get roasted by Bergeron gets a pass?  He's lost a lot of key faceoffs and has barely shown up on the scoresheet.

And Marchand?  Next to no offense and isn't agitating anyone.

The whole line has been basically shut down.

Let's blame Seguin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Sorry NAS. Bergeron I can sort of see because I don't think he's been right since he returned from yet another concussion.  But you're right and I'd gladly put Marchand on the Naughty List . Time to break up some lines I think.

But...still doesn't change the fact that Seguin's salary leaps from $900,000 to $4.5 million next year. You don't think there's a connection do you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Hey.A nyone got Craig Janney's phone number? Sure he could give the young messiah a couple of tips of what to do. Its either that or a cryptic note from Ken Hodge Jr.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Why does Seguin get roasted by Bergeron gets a pass?  He's lost a lot of key faceoffs and has barely shown up on the scoresheet.

Let's blame Seguin.

Agree NAS.  While he has struggled this series, I thought last night was Seguin's best game.

The whole line is in a funk, unfair to blame it all on Seguin.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sorry NAS. Bergeron I can sort of see because I don't think he's been right since he returned from yet another concussion.  But you're right and I'd gladly put Marchand on the Naughty List . Time to break up some lines I think.

But...still doesn't change the fact that Seguin's salary leaps from $900,000 to $4.5 million next year. You don't think there's a connection do you?

Why would these playoff games have anything to do with Seguin's contract? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

How about Corey Perry?  How many points does he have in the playoffs?  Would his contract negotiation sound the same?

Who cares? Corey Perry isnt failing in Boston. Joe Thornton isnt failing in Boston. Tyler Seguin is failing in Boston.

If you want to point out that several (most) other players are also failing in Boston, then thats true too.

But pointing fingers towards other players both in and out of Boston does not take away the fact Seguin has evolved into a bust.

Kessell and Taylor Hall are both far, far better players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Are you talking about the same Seguin who holds an Nhl record with 4 points in one playoff period? My memory has him doing it in the semi finals. 

Yep, the same kid. Just like a Bruins team that was a lucky anomaly in 2011 but has choked every other minute of the day in CJ's reign, Seguin has had his "moments" (I was there that night against Tampa, it was awesome), but it appears Seguin's "full Thornton/0-0-0 " when the games get important is Seguin's real identity.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Yep, the same kid. Just like a Bruins team that was a lucky anomaly in 2011 but has choked every other minute of the day in CJ's reign, Seguin has had his "moments" (I was there that night against Tampa, it was awesome), but it appears Seguin's "full Thornton/0-0-0 " when the games get important is Seguin's real identity.

I am not giving Seguin a pass because if you want to be considered a great player you have to perform when the stakes are high and overcome obstacles.  Still it is a huge obstacle to overcome playing short-handed.  In my opionion based on "what they are capable of bringing to the table" the worst player on the Bruins has been Marchand.  Therefore there has been little sustained pressure by that line so there chances for the most part have been one and out. 

I am not happy with Julien and the Bruins lack of effort in key games over his coaching tenure but you calling the Cup win a lucky anomoly is very negative.  I am fine with you venting about 2010 and this year and I think you get too much flack from other posters about stating some key truths. To rain on the 2011 parade however is not cool.  Yes they got some bounces and great goaltending but every team that wins the Cup needs those things.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebagoking. Show sebagoking's posts

Let's blame Seguin.

Maybe because Seguin was a #2 pick (bergeron #45, Marchand #71) and was toted as a pt a game type player.  With both Marchand's and Bergy's recent concussion issues it's clear that they are struggling and without support of all 3 guys, none of them are going to succeed.  Bergy has been great defensively but Marchand has been a total shell of his former antigonist self.  That being said, i don't think the criticisms of Seguin are too out of line as he's been losing pretty much every puck battle (even though it's obvious he's trying his butt off), missing the net when he has open chances and has given the puck away in the offensive zone countless times.  To add insult to injury he just watched Kessel fly by him for the second goal last night....ouch.

Sections
Shortcuts