Seguin...8min?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Seguin...8min?

Huge Seguin fan, but I believe I saw 4 very errant passes - from Tyler to nobody.

Having said that, punishment should be given where ever it is deserved.  I think a couple of vets should have been sat tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin...8min?:
    [QUOTE]I noticed a couple of mistakes but it wasn't only this game that his PT was low...I think he is averaging less then 13min a game..which is low compared to the other leading rookies this year.
    Posted by TuukkainNet[/QUOTE]

The other rookies that were good enough to make their teams aren't playing for teams as good as Boston.  Teams that picked players around Seguin weren't second round of the playoffs good.

He's around 11-13 minutes a game.  This was the first time he was in single digits.  The B's wanted to win, Seguin wasn't playing his best.  It happens.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]He made numerous mistakes. On the PP in the first period made a no look pass banking off the boards only to have it intercepted the otherway for a 3 on 2 chance by the blues. In the second period passing it back into his own zone and having it intercepted by a blues period almost leading into another opportunities. 1st period making two drop passes that lead to being intercepted. On the ice when the blues scored the first goal. These are the "classic rookie" mistakes and he will learn over time. He needs to be coached and if he keeps it up, punished. The good part about CJ is that he was also once a junior league coach, ahl coach and now nhl coach. He should know how to help him transition into the nhl properly
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Julien doesn't instill confidence in me.  Ryder in the shootout and no Horton??

And what is Seguin going to learn on that line?  And is it really benefitting the team to have Tyler on that line?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

He made numerous mistakes. On the PP in the first period made a no look pass banking off the boards only to have it intercepted the otherway for a 3 on 2 chance by the blues. In the second period passing it back into his own zone and having it intercepted by a blues period almost leading into another opportunities. 1st period making two drop passes that lead to being intercepted. On the ice when the blues scored the first goal.

These are the "classic rookie" mistakes and he will learn over time. He needs to be coached and if he keeps it up, punished.

The good part about CJ is that he was also once a junior league coach, ahl coach and now nhl coach. He should know how to help him transition into the nhl properly

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Seguin was playing a great game. He made one visible mistake and CJ benched him. He's a terible coach. It was a visible mistake the type CJ can ring you out about but w/e the kid is still moving a pace or 2 ahead of his teammates and I dont think CJ benching him will help. I was getting mad at the fact that Seguin wasnt inn any one at Asia treasures can tell you that..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin...8min? : The other rookies that were good enough to make their teams aren't playing for teams as good as Boston.  Teams that picked players around Seguin weren't second round of the playoffs good. He's around 11-13 minutes a game.  This was the first time he was in single digits.  The B's wanted to win, Seguin wasn't playing his best.  It happens.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

My exact thoughts on this topic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

He'll get more ice time when he deserves more ice time.  He wouldn't even be playing center if Savard wasn't hurt.  The original idea was to ease him in at wing so he could utilize his speed and good shot without having as much D zone responsibility.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I noticed a couple of mistakes but it wasn't only this game that his PT was low...I think he is averaging less then 13min a game..which is low compared to the other leading rookies this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin...8min? : Julien doesn't instill confidence in me.  Ryder in the shootout and no Horton??
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I can't believe Caron was not in the shootout as well.

CARON
    SEGUIN
    HORTON

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Seguin...8min?

I know this kid has a lot to learn and there is certainly no need to rush him (we'll see how bad Krejci is hurt), but I don't quite grasp why he is getting so little ice time.  He is, even at this early stage, one of the few players who can break a game open for the B's with speed and he's never on the ice.  I know CJ doesn't like playing rooks but at least bump him up to 4th line time (10+min a game).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Seguin would be better suited on a line with caron and Ryder. Seriously he would have that bergeron style winger and offensive grinder in ryder that both can keep up with him.
    Theres the problem with CJ. doesnt utilize the strenghts properly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

[QUOTE]8 min ? Should have sent the kid back if the Bruins are not going to use him. He's not going to develop quickly in the NHL with those kind of minutes. Is it just bad coaching or bad managing or both ? 
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

You do realize that Joe Thorton, Steve Stamkos and most over top drafted players were very limited in ice time in their first season.   This is a learning season for Seguin, while at the same time one where he is expected to contribute in his role.   Morons that jump up and down screaming after each and every game without looking at the bigger picture drive me nuts.

Come game 60 if Seguin is getting 8 min a game then I'll think something is wrong.   Right now he needs coaching and to be willing to learn from both his mistakes and his successful plays.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

If you are going to have an 18yo rookie on an NHL team, you should expect mistakes.
    As a coach, IMO, you should make sure he is aware of what he did wrong, and is mentally prepared for his next shift. The player should be eager to get back on the ice. He shouldn't be sitting on the bench, worrying about screwing up on his next shift (if he gets one).
    This is just MO, and since the next NHL game I coach, will be my 1st.,I admit CJ may know more about coaching than I do.
    It will be interesting to see Seguin's average ice time after about 25 games. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

8 min ?

Should have sent the kid back if the Bruins are not going to use him.

He's not going to develop quickly in the NHL with those kind of minutes.

Is it just bad coaching or bad managing or both ? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He played poorly and got benched for it.  He was a turnover machine.

It happens.  He's a rookie.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He made a couple of mistakes in his own zone and found himself benched for most of the 3rd.  So did Caron and Thornton. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

[QUOTE]He's a rookie. He had a ton of unforced turnovers. It was a 1-0 game, so you can't accept that in the 3rd period. It was also an extremely physical game, and he isn't big enough yet... the coaching staff probably also wanted to protect him for what happened to Krejci.
    Posted by Tommy617[/QUOTE]

I guess you don't realize that Seguin is actually bigger than Krejci

Seguin 6' 1"  182 lbs

Krejci 6' 0"   177 lbs

I believe the turnovers had everything to do with the benching not how big the player is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Ok, mistakes happen, but CJ has no idea how to use the talent he has. He has had Seguin shackled into a defensive model; he has saddled the kid with Recchi who couldn't keep up and now Wheeler who has his own learning curve. Anyone notice how Wheeler tries to dump the puck behind the defense and go retrieve it?? That's college play not NHL Perhaps Seguin should be skating on Bergie's left wing with Caron on the right. This is a good team with some weaknesses that coaching should help. certainly Julien's defense first has lowered goals against, but he has yet to establish a solid offensive game plan. If Kreji has to sit out, Paille is not the answer, as some "writers have mentioned. Recchi gives 200% but he is still not staying up with today's speedier players. However, the past two games have been against very good teams and not because the Bruins are lousy as some trolls indicate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin...8min?:[QUOTE]Huge Seguin fan, but I believe I saw 4 very errant passes - from Tyler to nobody. Having said that, punishment should be given where ever it is deserved.  I think a couple of vets should have been sat tonight. Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Growing pains he'll be fine at least Julien shortened the bench.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Despite 4 unecssary drop passes and a bad game overall Seguin got called on when the game was on the line in the shoot out and scored unlike the vets. That was a tremendous vote of confidence in the kid by Julien despite his poor performance and he delivered for the coach. Nice job by the coach, nice job by the kid. Seguin is being handled well.
    Posted by FP4877[/QUOTE]

Exactly !  Julien knows what he brings to the team and put him out in the SO. Good for him.  Like some of you are saying above " it's part of the learning process " .  The last straw was that back pass in his own zone and almost caused a counter with a scoring chance.
    Look even Caron got benched and Thornton.  Julien wanted to win and proves that he does shorten the bench when needed.
    In the shootout I predicted Ryder to take the shoot out,  it was one of his best games,  aggressive,  good back checking and layed on some big hits.  He was skating hard and fast and deserved the SO try.  He hit the post dead on and so did Bergy.  Jut bad luck last night.  There are nights the bounce go your way and nights they don't like last night. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

He's a rookie. He had a ton of unforced turnovers. It was a 1-0 game, so you can't accept that in the 3rd period.
    It was also an extremely physical game, and he isn't big enough yet... the coaching staff probably also wanted to protect him for what happened to Krejci.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

He had a rough game and made more than a couple of mistakes. From what I've seen of him, I doubt he was sitting on the bench worrying about making more -- he was learning some lessons, and undoubtedly will learn many, many more before the season is over. It's not "punishment" for him to sit, more like  "discipline" as in the original meaning of the word, i.e. instruction.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Miller, stay in Montreal so you can watch each time Kovalev comes back. Coach Julien stated that, in effect, he wanted more experience on the ice in the 3rd. IMO that's his problem in coaching. The Bruins needed to recover from Lewis, and establish a defensive capability. They have done that, and two years ago they had a mostly experienced roster so Claude was comfy and even played Lucic and Wheeler. Last year some of the "experience" left and injuries to important players disrupted the team, including Timmy's 5 hole problem and Ryder's lack of desire. Now Coach Julien has an elite rookie in Seguin; a solid rookie in Caron; and he reduces their time so his experienced players like Recchi[ no goals] and Wheeler [no finish}get more ice time. IMO that is not "good" coaching, just as shackling Seguin so tight is not using his resources effectively. Just a much more elderly coach's opinion

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Speaking of Krejci...

Is it true that he has a concussion ?

Don't rush him back too early like you, guys, did with Savard, eh ?

"You showed me nothing but hate,
    you ran me into the ground,
    but what comes around, goes around
    and you don't hurt me..."

-Eminem

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

The thing that has impressed me the most from this 18-year old has been in his off-ice interviews.  It seems like he "gets it".  He seems humble and willing to work and learn.  I'm thinking that a benching will be a good thing for him.  I'm not concerned at all with the kid.  I love the fact that he can pretty much develop at his own pace.  Hopefully Krecji won't be out for an extended period of time eliminating added pressure on Seguin to produce.