Seguin=Brady; Bergeron=Bledsoe; Giroux=Mo Lewis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Seguin=Brady; Bergeron=Bledsoe; Giroux=Mo Lewis

Not really (yet!), but trying to think of someone who was able to come into a game due to an injury to a teammate and take advantage of it to the degree Seguin did last night.  Can't think of anyone in the NHL, but the Brady/Bledsoe situation comes to mind.  Just throwing it out there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Re: Seguin=Brady; Bergeron=Bledsoe; Giroux=Mo Lewis

Bledsoe was struggling at that point in his career. Patrice Bergeron, I think, is playing the best hockey of his career. Also, when Bergeron returns, he will return to his position at center and not be stuck to the bench as was Bledsoe. And Seguin will, undoubtedly, continue to play a full shift.  

There is one area I think is comparable, Seguin like Brady has game changing ability. Bledsoe had it as well but he had equal amounts of game blowing ability.

Just my opininon. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Seguin=Brady; Bergeron=Bledsoe; Giroux=Mo Lewis:
    Not really (yet!), but trying to think of someone who was able to come into a game due to an injury to a teammate and take advantage of it to the degree Seguin did last night.  Can't think of anyone in the NHL, but the Brady/Bledsoe situation comes to mind.  Just throwing it out there.
    Posted by hangnail

Either way i hope you're right, since that Patriots team ended up winning the Superbowl.

Off topic w/hockey but a lot of people forget that in the AFC title game against Pittsburgh, Bledsoe actually came in to relieve Brady, who suffered a minor but at the moment serious enough injury to keep him out of the game. Bledsoe led the Pats to the win and then Brady did his thing in the Superbowl.

Bledsoe never gets the credit he deserves for being a critical part of that 2001 title-winning team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joemizz11. Show joemizz11's posts

that comparison is really bad.  Comparing him to Bledsoe is like saying Bergeron has been holding his team back ??    He's been their Best Player, really not even close.  But I see what your trying to say

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Seguin=Brady; Bergeron=Bledsoe; Giroux=Mo Lewis:
    Posted by hangnail

Lou Gherig came in to give a break to the everyday 1st baseman. He went on to play in 2130 straight games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Brett Favre came in for an injured Majikowski..
    Hockey you can only really go to a goalie as comparison, I'm pretty sure Brodeur got called up for an injury to Terreri..

I dont agree Bledsoe was holding the team back. I'm biased here, He helped get this team back  on the map, dont forget they changed their whole game plan when he went down.

Sections
Shortcuts