SEGUIN,CANADIAN JR A,AND THE AHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

SEGUIN,CANADIAN JR A,AND THE AHL

In the heat of the summer I said the AHL should be an option for him.99.9% of all kids that come from Canadian JR A are not ready.If he is that good he will stand out,develop and show his offensive skills and get stronger with the Baby Bs..He does not look like he is getting better playing for Claude or the Big Bs.The Canadian JR A system should take a hard look in the mirror and admit the huge gap between them and the NHL and change the  stupid they must go back to there JR team rule.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Re: SEGUIN,CANADIAN JR A,AND THE AHL

??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

In Response to Re: SEGUIN,CANADIAN JR A,AND THE AHL:
    [QUOTE]??
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]

???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Oops, I have you on "ignore" 101.  But you're alone in that regard, so feel privileged.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Claude will stay  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Senility takes all forms.  But not in this case.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

H101,
    again, you still need to change your handle..Claude will stay?  in regards to what? all the question marks your getting in response to a senseless post..

I have no problem with the current agreement.. If Seguin wasnt ready, he can be left in juniors with out expending a year of his EL.. Do you not see the benefit there for the bruins?  they decided he was ready, he made the team, just like bergy did, just like lucic did.. really not an issue.  He's been scratched what 2 games? probably wouldnt have been shipped down to the AHL at this pooint in time either...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]Oops, I have you on "ignore" 101.  But you're alone in that regard, so feel privileged.
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]

Bobby is gone sorry to say.We will never see another.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]H101, again, you still need to change your handle..Claude will stay?  in regards to what? all the question marks your getting in response to a senseless post.. I have no problem with the current agreement.. If Seguin wasnt ready, he can be left in juniors with out expending a year of his EL.. Do you not see the benefit there for the bruins?  they decided he was ready, he made the team, just like bergy did, just like lucic did.. really not an issue.  He's been scratched what 2 games? probably wouldnt have been shipped down to the AHL at this pooint in time either...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Just getting tired of all the Claude bashing.From alot of posts Claude is getting blamed for his so so play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

And the post you started had nothing to do with that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]And the post you started had nothing to do with that.
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

so Seguins lack of performance has nothing to do with Claude?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

If there was an AHL option Claude would have him there.Any doubt about that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Relax folks Seguin will be fine. Keep him in the NHL. Centers take time. Krejci was not dominant right away. What we really need Seguin for is the playoffs.

CJ has developed quite a few good young players with the B's. Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic, Wheeler, Kessel, Rask, Marchand. If anybody says he ruins young players careers, they are full of it

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

H101,

your post are aweful, make a point and state it.. you put up a post it makes not sense, I have to draw you out to a point, and its wrong, and then you make some other question, (again not apoint, not backed by anything)..

Would seguin be playing in the AHL. I don't think he would, claude could simply not play him, we have been carrying paille as a healthy scratch we have the cap room to do it with seguin at this point as well.  Claudes career is going to live and die by win/loss.. No coach worth anything is going to let management step all over him,  PC gets to make the calls in the players, but claude does the lines, claude calls the lines, claude calls the ice time.

Seguins game needs work, but hes good with the puck, hes a talent that we honestly dont have, so give him some limited minutes and ease him in.. Thats fine with me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

The kid looks like hes going backwards you fu..ing politician.Have some balls and tell it like it is or are you going for most popular poster for Boston.com like most on here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Is anybody on here going to  comment that JA and majour JA  r  2 different levels of hockey
    The troll doesn't seem to get it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Sorry  Major JR A,I think most know what I meant even you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]                            The kid looks like hes going backwards you fu..ing politician.Have some balls and tell it like it is or are you going for most popular poster for Boston.com like most on here.
    Posted by hockey-101[/QUOTE]

Being the most negative I can, I would say he's been in a slump the last 5 games.  He isn't going backward, his defensive game has improved somewhat,

he is at a plus 1, better than Ryder, Savard and Paille. 

Even tho he missed his last 2 SO, his shooting % is probably still the best on the team for the SO altho I haven't checked that stat. 

Considering the regular forwards only, he is only 2 pts behind Marchand and ahead of Campbell andn Thornton.

If his trend were to continue for another 5 games or so, then yes, I would agree to a demotion to the AHL, but it is too early to do that now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Right idea pauly, but something happened to your post, so here, let's try again.

Major Junior is the top level of hockey for 20 and under amateur players in Canada (and 9 locations in the USA).  There's no such thing as Major Junior A.

Junior A, including the BCJHL (Lucic, Kyle Turris) and AJHL (Colborne) among many regional leagues, is one level below Major Jr. and is a bit like the AHL for the Major Junior system in that players on the bubble for Major Junior, including some draftees, will spend time in the Junior A system before they stick in Major Junior.  Junior A is also a prime option for players who want to go the college route.  It allows players to preserve their amateur status under NCAA rules.  Remember that players enter the Junior system at 16 typically, so well before they'd be heading to college.

As for Seguin going backward...just about every 18 yr old follows this curve - if you've been paying any attention whatsoever.  Tavares started out like a house on fire then went something like 30 games without a goal.  I've pointed out recently that Skinner, who looked like an ROY lock in October, has 2 goals in the last 8 weeks. These kids come in on pure pizz and adrenaline, already in "mid-season form" because they've been working incessantly at draft combines, then at mini-camp, then at rookie camp, then at main camp.  Everyone else is still finding their legs and timing - especially vets who play very little in the pre-season.  Then the vets are up to speed and the rookies start feeling the effects of not enough time off and a new, demanding schedule, and playing against men, not boys.  It's not "going backwards" - it's a reality check.  And it's going to happen to almost every under 20 player even if he plays another year in junior and even if he gets a year of seasoning in the AHL.  Best to get it out of the way now, right away, so that the Seguin we see in April understands what it really takes to be a star in this league.

Please, 101, accept that you were not the prophet in the woods on this and move on. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Bookboy,They honeymoon is over and real life is now upon Seguin.He needs to get a lot stronger on his feet, and his timing is way off.The NHL looks to be a big jump for him and his game.What is so bad about spending some time with the baby Bs?  Please dont compare his game or points to Marchand and Campbell.We didnt draft him #2 so we could get there type of play.Thats why he sat and they didnt.