Seguin=Pavel Bure.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Seguin=Pavel Bure.........

In Response to Re: Seguin=Pavel Bure.........:
    [QUOTE]Seguin = Bure? Wow that is insane.  Seguin = Afinogenov . For now , its a comparison that makes sense. Seguin has been a breakaway scoring highlight reel player and not much more.  His passing is worse than i imagined. Defensive play is poor, and never wins any faceoff draws.  Until i can see more , i see his ceiling at 60 points a season.
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    Save it Yaz. I figured you haven't been around because you were embarassed about being wrong about everything all year. Turns out that may not be true. That's just how a a normal person(with an ounce of shame) would've felt. You were likely just on some other hockey forums regaling other less fortunate folks with how little you truly know about the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

In Response to Seguin=Pavel Bure.........:
    [QUOTE]I was trying to think of a past/current player that Seguin reminds me of and Pavel is the guy I settled on. Both guys have good shots and speed to burn. Some guys can be fancy and stickhandle around the D, some guys can chip it to the outside and outskate the D. Bure and Seguin are players that can beat a D in any way it takes. Most players need to slow down in order to stickhandle but Bure and Seguin are both capable of making moves at top speed. It's way easier said than done. Just ask Paille......Anyway, that's who I see when I watch Seguin. Who, if anyone, does Tyler remind you of?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez your original post is ridicoulous. Seguin will never be able to score like Bure, who was a scoring machine. He could score many different ways other than trying to go through the middle 

Seguin btw has proven jack (other than a few highlight reel goals and two big games). He had 20 points in the first year. He was benched how many games?? And people are comparing him to Bure, Yzerman? Its foolishness at its best

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Seguin=Pavel Bure......... : Dez your original post is ridicoulous. Seguin will never be able to score like Bure, who was a scoring machine. He could score many different ways other than trying to go through the middle  Seguin btw has proven jack (other than a few highlight reel goals and two big games). He had 20 points in the first year. He was benched how many games?? And people are comparing him to Bure, Yzerman? Its foolishness at its best
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    Sure Yaz, that's why you've got so many others taking turns ripping apart your earlier post............ After all of your foolish posts throughout the season, it's naive of you to presume that you can come here and tell others that they don't know hockey.   BTW, Seguin contributing on the world's best team has proven more than the any of the seasons had by whatever other teen you've presently got a crush on. Doing well on a non-playoff team isn't quite the same as earning minutes on a Cup winner and almost single handedly winning one of the biggest games of the season.  Get back to me in about 4 months when Seguin and the Bruins are lighting it up.........actually don't bother.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin=Pavel Bure......... : Save it Yaz. I figured you haven't been around because you were embarassed about being wrong about everythin all year. gTurns out that may not be true. That's just how a a normal person(with an ounce of shame) would've felt. You were likely just on some other hockey forums regaling other less fortunate folks with how little you truly know about the game.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I disagree with this. You forgot to include the year before too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

dez your a loser. Plain and simple

Just a big dumb homer fan. You give Bruins fans a bad name with your foolish/naive comments

Seguin has done jack thus far. You are day dreaming. Its like a genius who is actually a begger on the street. You have to apply what you have, consistantly work hard, provide proof of results

What is the point of explaning this to you. You probably tell others you make 100 k when you really make 30 k a year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]dez your a loser. Plain and simple Just a big dumb homer fan. You give Bruins fans a bad name with your foolish/naive comments Seguin has done jack thus far. You are day dreaming. Its like a genius who is actually a begger on the street. You have to apply what you have, consistantly work hard, provide proof of results What is the point of explaning this to you. You probably tell others you make 100 k when you really make 30 k a year. 
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    Is there a point to this rambling diatribe or is it like all of the rest of your posts? It's strange but somehow when I read your posts, I can actually hear you cry. Does that happen on the Sox forum too?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

i'm actually laughing. Don't worry one day you will get it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]i'm actually laughing. Don't worry one day you will get it
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Give it a rest yaz.

Nobody said Seguin was as good as Bure.
    Nobody said Seguin was as good as LaFontaine.
    Nobody said Seguin was as good as Yzerman.

The thread is about what skills/attributes we have seen from Seguin and trying to translate that into a known player.  You know that is what folks are doing, but you twist words and form your own warped conclusions.

There.  Is it clear for you now? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin=Pavel Bure......... : Give it a rest yaz. Nobody said Seguin was as good as Bure. Nobody said Seguin was as good as LaFontaine. Nobody said Seguin was as good as Yzerman. The thread is about what skills/attributes we have seen from Seguin and trying to translate that into a known player.  You know that is what folks are doing, but you twist words and form your own warped conclusions. There.  Is it clear for you now? 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Crowls - Well said.  To return to the focus of dez's thread, purely based on what Seguin has shown to this point in his career, to me his style which includes his speed, moves and finish brings to mind Paul Kariya who had a similar skill set.  If Seguin's development allows him to grow into this kind of player, I'll be happy.  I like the LaFontaine reference..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin=Pavel Bure......... : Give it a rest yaz. Nobody said Seguin was as good as Bure. Nobody said Seguin was as good as LaFontaine. Nobody said Seguin was as good as Yzerman. The thread is about what skills/attributes we have seen from Seguin and trying to translate that into a known player.  You know that is what folks are doing, but you twist words and form your own warped conclusions. There.  Is it clear for you now? 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Exactly Crowls.  As I have said before there were glimpses from Seguin that has many Bruins fans excited about how good he might be.  Maybe we are jumping the gun a little but a 4 point game in the Conference final by a 19 year old is cause for excitement and optimism.  I don't mind the middle of the road grounded responses that say that the jury is still out and let's take a wait and see attitude.  What I can't understand are the real negative guys like Yaz who seem to want to see`the kid fail.  Are they really Bruins fans?

Sections
Shortcuts