Six points in his last five games.

More interesting, check out his TOI:

14:45

15:24

15:42

16:10

18:06

Christ, let him loose!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Seguin's Coming

Yep what a game tonight ...he was fast , he worked hard. ..that whole line was magic tonight ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He was maybe the best Bruin tonight after Bergeron.  Some bad decisions of pass instead of shooting but cannot see that as being a negative thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Just glad he wasn't hurt too bad from that ugly cross-check (that the ref's somehow missed.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Just glad he wasn't hurt too bad from that ugly cross-check (that the ref's somehow missed.)

I can see how the refs missed it.  I watched the first two periods out at the bar and even after numerous replays, I couldn't tell what happened.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The ref was directly behind the play, so should not have "missed" it. The early holding call on Lucic was was more of a " reputation" call than a real hold, so Looch has to be alert to this officiating perspective.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

The ref was directly behind the play, so should not have "missed" it. The early holding call on Lucic was was more of a " reputation" call than a real hold, so Looch has to be alert to this officiating perspective.

Enough, Bogie.  They missed it.  Can't go back and change it.  You know the saying.  No use crying over spilled milk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

As ThreeDog Night used to sing:  "Eli's Comin....hide your heart'"

The progression and beat is right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUuMF3rpxQc

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

He will always put up good numbers. But this recent stretch is the most I've ever seen him involved physically. And I'm not talking about hitting or finishing checks, it's keeping the puck on his stick when the heat is on him, it's actually trying to win puck battles, it's playing without fear. It may sound crazy, but he really hasn't done those things until recently. Skys the limit if he ever engages all the way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

He will always put up good numbers. But this recent stretch is the most I've ever seen him involved physically. And I'm not talking about hitting or finishing checks, it's keeping the puck on his stick when the heat is on him, it's actually trying to win puck battles, it's playing without fear. It may sound crazy, but he really hasn't done those things until recently. Skys the limit if he ever engages all the way.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I think/hope he's turned the corner as far as battling for the puck every shift. His hustle to backcheck has also been very good. A few more games like the last few will tell.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Good post JW and I was thinking about some of your comments, of how Say-Gun (that's how NBC likes to pro-NOUNCE it) just wouldn't engage physically before. I think slowly he is getting stronger, not a kid anymore, so naturally he is putting his body with his stick in the play now.

It's paying off and the proof was in the 2nd PP goal where he almost lost the puck to the side of the net but he used his body to shield the shab from the puck. Then the puck eventually went to Hamilton and wella PP goal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

That line as a whole will never have excuses - none of those three will ever let the others take a shift off. It's great to see them all motor from start to stop.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I thought Seguin looked great last night.  I saw him go into the boards winning 50/50 puck battles a few times.  On one, Plekanec should have had an easy clear in his defensive zone, but Seguin caught him, leaned in hard, and then took the hit while sliding the puck back to the point.  Loved it.

As for the Emelin crosscheck, it was hard to see at first.  It was dirty alright, but it certainly wasn't blatant or obvious, and I'm not surprised he got a away with it.  Emelin knows what any of us who've played hockey know -- there is no padding on the side/lower rib cage at all.  So a well-placed chop from the stick does some damage there even if it looks minor.  Sneaky, dirty, but not blatant.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Good post JW and I was thinking about some of your comments, of how Say-Gun (that's how NBC likes to pro-NOUNCE it) just wouldn't engage physically before. I think slowly he is getting stronger, not a kid anymore, so naturally he is putting his body with his stick in the play now.

Better than the idiots out there spelling his name Sequin (with a Q).....that makes me mad.

As for the original intent of the post, yes Seguin is coming of age. If CJ continues to give him the requisite icetime he will be that point per game kind of guy and beyond. That's a big if, though....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Better than the idiots out there spelling his name Sequin (with a Q).....that makes me mad.

As for the original intent of the post, yes Seguin is coming of age. If CJ continues to give him the requisite icetime he will be that point per game kind of guy and beyond. That's a big if, though....

Spell check will flip that 'g' to a 'q' for those who are spell checking on thier own machine before posting (I am not one of them).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

That's the biggest improvement I've seen lately.  He's been working out and filling in his body, the puck battles I've seen this improvement from day1 of this season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Getting hot! we knew he would...............This kid is unbelievable. i can only imagine how good he's gonna be 4 5 6 7 8 9 years from now....... elite foward is a givin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

The Emilin hit from tv camera angle seemed "minor", from the Chara, back Ref angle, cross-check was "blatent".

Taking my gold cover glasses off, I really don't see how the Ref missed that. Hab comes in, Seguin goes down, stick on the ice. At least a tripping call? Chara, who's normally calm, rushes to pummel Emilin? Come on! Is Chara not that well respected with Official? Seriously?

Don't get me wrong, Z deserved what he got. The Officials dropped the ball, HUGE

If the league is "going to watch the next game" to make sure nothing happens, they should watch ALL games

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to LordByron77's comment:

The Emilin hit from tv camera angle seemed "minor", from the Chara, back Ref angle, cross-check was "blatent".

Taking my gold cover glasses off, I really don't see how the Ref missed that. Hab comes in, Seguin goes down, stick on the ice. At least a tripping call? Chara, who's normally calm, rushes to pummel Emilin? Come on! Is Chara not that well respected with Official? Seriously?

Don't get me wrong, Z deserved what he got. The Officials dropped the ball, HUGE

If the league is "going to watch the next game" to make sure nothing happens, they should watch ALL games

Please cry about the refs somewhere else.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am sure all have seen Seguin the last few games go into the corner taking a hit and recovering to make a offensive pass worthy an exclamation mark!  His skill is undoubtable.  He needs to shoot lower and stop picking the top corners (the goalies have been schooled).  I have noticed his play is beginning to morph into a little of Bergeron and he definitely is taking advantage of Marchand's quick shot.  All pluses, another reason why Chara defended his play with a beat down, btw which masked a similar situation with Hamilton a few games back.  

On a side note, it usually takes 24 hours (24 hour rule) for yours truly to calm down on the refs, after this Montreal game it took 36.  Time to move on.

BTW Did Chara get one for free NAS?

Little Known Fact. The HC on the Montreal Jersey is an abbreviation for the citys motto: Heist Central. Over the last decade many many bands have had their gear stolen in Montreal, not just Cracker. 

http://www.crackersoul.com/fr_300songs.cfm?feature=1851677&postid=552367

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

I am sure all have seen Seguin the last few games go into the corner taking a hit and recovering to make a offensive pass worthy an exclamation mark!  His skill is undoubtable.  He needs to shoot lower and stop picking the top corners (the goalies have been schooled).  I have noticed his play is beginning to morph into a little of Bergeron and he definitely is taking advantage of Marchand's quick shot.  All pluses, another reason why Chara defended his play with a beat down, btw which masked a similar situation with Hamilton a few games back.  

On a side note, it usually takes 24 hours (24 hour rule) for yours truly to calm down on the refs, after this Montreal game it took 36.  Time to move on.

BTW Did Chara get one for free NAS?

Little Known Fact. The HC on the Montreal Jersey is an abbreviation for the citys motto: Heist Central. Over the last decade many many bands have had their gear stolen in Montreal, not just Cracker. 

http://www.crackersoul.com/fr_300songs.cfm?feature=1851677&postid=552367

At your age ? Not good !

Take your own advice given to me. Pound back a drink or two. You'll be back to your old self thinking about women in no time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Tyler said that the ice is different over seas way more space. He now is starting to get adjusted. The only problem with him is sometimes when things go bad , he gets down and frustrated. Then again he is only 21 that will come with more expierence. That game against Montreal he was flying all over the ice. The only time they could stop him is hold him or cross check him in the hip. He is ready to go on a scoring spree , that mini slump is a thing of the past.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Tyler said that the ice is different over seas way more space. He now is starting to get adjusted. The only problem with him is sometimes when things go bad , he gets down and frustrated. Then again he is only 21 that will come with more expierence. That game against Montreal he was flying all over the ice. The only time they could stop him is hold him or cross check him in the hip. He is ready to go on a scoring spree , that mini slump is a thing of the past.

Don't be surprised if he is leading the team in scoring again by the end of the season...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

In response to stinkman's comment:

Don't be surprised if he is leading the team in scoring again by the end of the season...

If Seguin goes at this pace easy hands down JMW. Agree

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to LordByron77's comment:

Please cry about the refs somewhere else.

Please cry about people crying somewhere else.