Seguin's decision making

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: Seguin's decision making

He sucks, trade the bum. ;)

The good part about his mistakes is that he hustles to get back if he makes one. Of course the kid is going to have flaws, he's a kid. 

Not going to lambast the guy for going 1 on 3 and trying to make something happen. His board play is lacking but it's a bad comparison vs his other top 2 linemates. March, Berg, Luc, Hort and Krejic are all very good at board play. Plus Seguin is usually waiting for the shot and letting them cycle.

If he makes the same mistakes in 3 years, ya it's a problem.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Seguin is not randomly throwing the puck on net to avoid hits but to produce rebounds or offensive zone faceoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Yup I have been thinking the same all along.  Sometimes speedy players think they can blow by anyone and that won't work in the NHL.  I remember players like Rico Fata and Sergey Bearzin... all speed no brains.  Tyler needs to learn how to change it up by changing his speed, curling outword, stop and go, etc.. Marchand is very good at it.  I think Seguin will learn that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Seguins game annoys me. He takes the puck in tryS to go through defenseman and coughs up the puck. Slow it down and create something. So far IMO you are a BUST. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

Seguins game annoys me. He takes the puck in tryS to go through defenseman and coughs up the puck. Slow it down and create something. So far IMO you are a BUST. 

A little over the top ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Nope.  He's a bust.  You know who else is?  Hamilton.  Has he won a Norris yet?  No?  Then he's a Lame-borghini, I Fearari he's a Busterossa.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Seguin has improved a lot in this area. But, it's still an issue that will hold him back. Of course he's not a bust, but he isn't meeting his potential, and that's a lot to miss out on. Not a bust, but somewhat disappointing, because he is that gifted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Didn't we used to have a similar conversation about Kessel?  Except that Kessel was more apt to disappear unless things were already going Boston's way?

Seguin has improved a lot even just this year.  He did look like the Seguin of two years ago at times in the first ten games, but he's back to being more effective.  He is not, however, generating the kind of offensive push you expect from a guy who can play faster than anyone else on the ice.  That will come.  Tavares wasn't a truly dominant player until this year.  I think we're likely to see a $6M player when Seguin is making his $6M next year.  He's still an EL player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Didn't we used to have a similar conversation about Kessel?  Except that Kessel was more apt to disappear unless things were already going Boston's way?

Seguin has improved a lot even just this year.  He did look like the Seguin of two years ago at times in the first ten games, but he's back to being more effective.  He is not, however, generating the kind of offensive push you expect from a guy who can play faster than anyone else on the ice.  That will come.  Tavares wasn't a truly dominant player until this year.  I think we're likely to see a $6M player when Seguin is making his $6M next year.  He's still an EL player.

The difference I see is Kessel had fear in his eyes, he was cared to go into traffic. Seguin goes into traffic, he just doesn't go in banging trying the big hit. It's just not the say he plays. 

I've watched Kane a lot this season and he also does not hit, the occasional bump but rare he goes in hitting.  Difference between Kane and Seguin.... while he goes in with speed the puck sticks to his blade and he'll hold on to the puck trying to create offense.  Seguin at times does that but not enough , yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

20 Years old, our most exciting player, lead team in scoring last year up there again this year.

2nd in +/- last year and again this year to Berg.  His back check and def play have been awesome.  He has actually stopped sure goals in his crease area this year.

If you have nothing better than to gripe at our future superstar have at it, his play has not been the cause of poor play but ye and CJ will find a way to throw the blame at him.

He is soft in the corners compared to Berg and March, you don't lose your fears overnight, but he is improving in leaps and bounds.

Keep bringing your play Seg, or Segs or Segzy, I can't wait for every shift.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In the Spengler cup Tav was worth watching, almost as much as Berg and Seg. Tav is wicked fun, being wasted in NYI.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

I want Seguin to succeed as much as the next guy but Im so tired of that useless play he does when he enters the zone and coughs up the puck while trying to beat the dman one on one. Wait for your linemates and create an offensive play, if the breakaway is not there, be a playmaker. There are also opportunities when he has the shot and passes it away for no reason.

I want Seguin to be as good as Malkin or Crosby. That was my expectation when we drafted him

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Don't look now, but last night Seguin sprinkled a little of everything on the rush. 

Kept feet and hands still, head up, and cut to the middle.

Survey situation, reverse direction to the outside.

Goto move (Straight ahead try to stickhandle through the feet).

He also turnstiled one defender that he caught a little flat-footed skating backwards.

Now if he adds a fake of any of these followed by a different one of these, he will begin to establish himself a repertwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

As I said in the game day thread, the Senators game might be the one where he turns that part of his game around.

And for those saying he shies away from contact, witness his backcheck where he nearly killed himself crashing into the boards behind the net.

Yes, this is a little bit like the the Kessel conversation, except kessel never made or showed even the slightest change, not even one game.