Seguin's ex-mates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Seguin's ex-mates

Has anyone heard any quotes from any B's concerning the depature of Seguin? I know it's offseason and everyone is scattered but I'm thinking they're being asked for their opinions somewhere. Perhaps he wasn't real popular in the lockeroom and their silence speaks volumes in this matter. Or maybe they'll voice an opinion come next season. Either way, I'd have thought someone would have spoken out by now (unless I they have and I missed it).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Seguin's ex-mates

In response to mxt's comment:

Has anyone heard any quotes from any B's concerning the depature of Seguin? I know it's offseason and everyone is scattered but I'm thinking they're being asked for their opinions somewhere. Perhaps he wasn't real popular in the lockeroom and their silence speaks volumes in this matter. Or maybe they'll voice an opinion come next season. Either way, I'd have thought someone would have spoken out by now (unless I they have and I missed it).

Why does it matter? He's gone & what they have to say is irrelevent. Do you really think Bergeron is going to trash the guy? Marchand? Chara? These guys aren't going to say anything except..." He was traded. It's part of hockey & Peter did what he thought was best for the team." 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Marchand said the usual, " sorry to see him go", " was a good friend", "like a member of the family" etc. Nothing at all bad, but we'll have to wait for the unnamed source to come forward.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Why does it matter? He's gone & what they have to say is irrelevent. Do you really think Bergeron is going to trash the guy? Marchand? Chara? These guys aren't going to say anything except..." He was traded. It's part of hockey & Peter did what he thought was best for the team." 

Marchand did say the old "hockey is a business" line,so i imagine thats about all we'll hear.Like Nite says, it doesn't really matter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Agreed, he's gone so lets move forward.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Marchand said the usual, " sorry to see him go", " was a good friend", "like a member of the family" etc. Nothing at all bad, but we'll have to wait for the unnamed source to come forward.

This is too funny. It was just said about 5 mins ago. That an unnamed source that has/or had connections with the Boston Bruins. "Tyler is a great kid & tons of talent, but needs to realize the difference between when it's time to have fun & when it's time to get serious. Hockey is always supposed to be fun, but in order win you need to take winning seriously."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

This is too funny. It was just said about 5 mins ago. That an unnamed source that has/or had connections with the Boston Bruins. "Tyler is a great kid & tons of talent, but needs to realize the difference between when it's time to have fun & when it's time to get serious. Hockey is always supposed to be fun, but in order win you need to take winning seriously."

Fair enough, eh, nite?  Perhaps this was a learning experience for both sides involved.  I wish him well as I do for the incoming Bruins. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, eh, nite?  Perhaps this was a learning experience for both sides involved.  I wish him well as I do for the incoming Bruins. 

[/QUOTE]

I really hope the kid comes around & shines as a star. I can't blame his parents for sticking up for him the way they did. BUT, if there is an issue I hope they don't put the blinders on & don't see it & try to help him before it gets too out of hand. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

now its not Taylor vs Tyler ...its Taylor vs Ericksson + Morrow + Fraser

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Could not agree more with everything you've said in this thread Nite. I wish the kid well, I really wished it worked out here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Tyler is a young man, sorry but I remember what I was like.  No real cares in the world but just working to have fun hiking Etc.  Seguin is a professional hockey player .  PC stated he needed to be MORE professional. He may have an super ego, but he was developing his image as a NHL player. The real question was he able to continue development while the core of the Bs players reached prime age.  My guess is he was not doing it well enough. So PC decided to create cap space and use the core of the players near 25-30 to win a Cup.  Eriksson is a the thought,  the other additions are just like the PC decision to trade for McQuaid or Bartkowski. Fillins.  Now his former teammates must know that score of logic.  I think Seguin will be a greatplayer.  I do not think HOF like Iginla. My opinion does not matter,  I just think wearing number 19, Yzerman, is not a focus at this point.  To answer  the thread question then,  they will wish him the best. 

BDC log in issues are just insane! Help!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Isla, more and more, I don't think this deal gets done if it's 2009 and the Bruins are an up and coming team but not perceived as a top contender.  They were less than 2 minutes from game 7 and a winner take all for their second cup in three years.  You can't afford to wait and see if Seguin outgrows his devil-may-care attitude and fondness for the bottle - or maybe you can, but if they don't win again with this core, you may find yourself wondering "what if?"

I also wonder if there was some forethought re: Seguin reaching his late 20s as this core is entering a decline phase and maybe starting to struggle to make the playoffs - and so leaving for greener shores right when you're counting on him to be the franchise.

Are you not entertained?!?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Isla, more and more, I don't think this deal gets done if it's 2009 and the Bruins are an up and coming team but not perceived as a top contender.  They were less than 2 minutes from game 7 and a winner take all for their second cup in three years.  You can't afford to wait and see if Seguin outgrows his devil-may-care attitude and fondness for the bottle - or maybe you can, but if they don't win again with this core, you may find yourself wondering "what if?"

I also wonder if there was some forethought re: Seguin reaching his late 20s as this core is entering a decline phase and maybe starting to struggle to make the playoffs - and so leaving for greener shores right when you're counting on him to be the franchise.

Are you not entertained?!?!

Look what happened to the Orr/Espo Bruin's teams, Bobby has even said himself that they should have won more Cups but didn't take it serious enough. Maybe Tyler didn't either, who knows, but he's gone now and i think the B's management knows that this team is in its prime right now, so if they are going to win another Cup with this core they ALL have to be committed to it or before they know it the window will have closed.

Sections
Shortcuts