"Seguin's Got To Become More Of A Professional" - Peter Chiarelli

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

"Seguin's Got To Become More Of A Professional" - Peter Chiarelli

Looks like PC has some concerns about Seguin.  Anyone think they weighed into the talk of the Bruins listening to offers for his services as much as the reduction of the salary cap?  Is this part of the continuing maturation of a young player?

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/06/gm_peter_chiarelli_on_tyler_seguin_got_to_become_more_of_a_p.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Looks like PC has some concerns about Seguin.  Anyone think they weighed into the talk of the Bruins listening to offers for his services as much as the reduction of the salary cap?  Is this part of the continuing maturation of a young player?

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/06/gm_peter_chiarelli_on_tyler_seguin_got_to_become_more_of_a_p.html

Just saw it and yes I do agree with PC . I stil am glad they are not trading Seguin. This will hopefully motivate this young MAN and stop acting like a kid. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re:

Heh heh Good!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re:

In response to stinkman's comment:

Just saw it and yes I do agree with PC . I stil am glad they are not trading Seguin. This will hopefully motivate this young MAN and stop acting like a kid. 

s-man, in reading Chiarelli's words, do you think they point more directly to his on-ice performance?  You mention him "acting like a kid."  I remember reading about him being late for a practice last year (i think) because his alarm clock didn't sound.  I'm wondering what you mean by acting like a kid.  Being more committed and consistent in his efforts?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re:

i don't see the point of calling him out in public....  even if Seguin had already been made aware of it....

surprises me coming from PC....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

I read that as, "Stop farting around, drop the club scene, get serious, and grow up."

Good for Chiarelli to put it in the press.  He's probably asked Seguin many times behind closed doors.  Now Seguin knows we all know that his play isn't due to a lack of skill but a lack of commitment. 

Come out like a beast and erase the quote.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re:

You mention him "acting like a kid."  I remember reading about him being late for a practice last year (i think) because his alarm clock didn't sound.  I'm wondering what you mean by acting like a kid.  Being more committed and consistent in his efforts?

Off-ice partying in college dorms around Boston is becoming legendary.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]You mention him "acting like a kid."  I remember reading about him being late for a practice last year (i think) because his alarm clock didn't sound.  I'm wondering what you mean by acting like a kid.  Being more committed and consistent in his efforts?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah San, I hate to say that I've heard those rumors too and just hoped they were exaggerated. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I read that as, "Stop farting around, drop the club scene, get serious, and grow up."

Good for Chiarelli to put it in the press.  He's probably asked Seguin many times behind closed doors.  Now Seguin knows we all know that his play isn't due to a lack of skill but a lack of commitment. 

Come out like a beast and erase the quote.

Is it safe to assume the inner leadership of Chara, Bergeron, Kelly and Ference fell on deaf ears with Seguin in getting him to straighten up and fly right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re:

You mention him "acting like a kid."  I remember reading about him being late for a practice last year (i think) because his alarm clock didn't sound.  I'm wondering what you mean by acting like a kid.  Being more committed and consistent in his efforts?

Had no idea.  If that's the case I don't blame Chiarelli for voicing his displeasure especially after the massive financial investment the Bruin made in him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re:

Good on PC, lets be honest, bad luck, breaks, bounces or not, 1 goal doesn't cut it for a 2nd overall pick after his 3rd year in the league. The reports of him partying make sense rather than a comparison to Daigle, at least i hope thats the case. More offence from Tyler in the Cup final and the B's might be celebrating their 7th championship. You don't get that many chances and i hope we as fans and Tyler don't suffer the same fate as Jagr.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Yeah San, I hate to say that I've heard those rumors too and just hoped they were exaggerated. 

Those rumours must be wild, dez.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Re:

I'm sure the B's brass knows way more then us concerning his off ice behavior and are finally calling him out in public. It should light a fire under his butt. He'll either bust out next year big time or fizzle out. I pick the first option.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re:

could it be that had the kid returned on the second line in time to pot a timely goal or two that would've changed the outcome of the final that all this talk in the last few days wouldn't even come up....

just saying....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re:

Yeah San, I hate to say that I've heard those rumors too and just hoped they were exaggerated. [/QUOTE]

Neely, Moog and Byers hit the clubs. So did Allision and McLaren were notorious etc., all teams have those players that like being single...we all get it.

Now it's time Tyler get serious

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OntarioBs. Show OntarioBs's posts

Re:

Sounds like the partying got out of hand,...win a cup in year one, then go on  Euro vacations,...not surprising, ......but PC has given him a real call out,..lets see how he reacts,....should be interesting year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re:

In response to mxt's comment:

I'm sure the B's brass knows way more then us concerning his off ice behavior and are finally calling him out in public. It should light a fire under his butt. He'll either bust out next year big time or fizzle out. I pick the first option.

yes, it could go both ways with a 21-year-old who's been told how good a hockey player he is for probably over half his life....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re:

It does not sound good at all.  First if the above "fun times" are true, secondly that the trade value is about the same as Dion Phaneuf at this point  given the public spanking.  Lastly, PC obviously is not going to trade him.  This is not a good sign in any shape and form for the Boston Bruins.  

Don't judge me monkey!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re:

Edit

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

Those rumours must be wild, dez.

[/QUOTE]

Nothing specific RHO, just that he does it too much. At least it's something that is repairable. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re:

Nothing specific RHO, just that he does it too much. At least it's something that is repairable. 

Exactly.  It is. I guess that's what might come with being young and loaded.  Still, there's nothing like having the boss mention your name in this regard to help snap you out of whatever is being viewed by your employer as hindering your performance. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re:

Exactly.  It is. I guess that's what might come with being young and loaded.  Still, there's nothing like having the boss mention your name in this regard to help snap you out of whatever is being viewed by your employer as hindering your performance. 

I guess a person could take that two ways now, apparently Tyler does.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re:

Neely, Moog and Byers hit the clubs. So did Allision and McLaren were notorious etc., all teams have those players that like being single...we all get it.

Now it's time Tyler get serious

[/QUOTE]

I remember reading Derek Sanderson was notorious for his nightlife back in his Bruin days, San.  Didn't he own a club with Namath and Ken Harrelson at one time?  But yeah, the Bruins have a multi-million dollar investment in Seguin.  He should do his utmost to prove he was worth their faith.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I guess a person could take that two ways now, apparently Tyler does.

I meant wealthy, 50.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

I don't buy the "no one wanted him" angle.  I think it's more like, "No one wanted him at the asking price."

Sections
Shortcuts