SEGUIN'S OFF-SEASON

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chubs737. Show chubs737's posts

SEGUIN'S OFF-SEASON

Development camp is officially underway.  All draftees from the past few years including this year are in attendence.  Tyler Seguin is also participating.  While all the other cup winners are off enjoying their off-seasons, he is at camp busting his balls.  And if you are keeping up with the Bruins blog, you've heard that he is younger than 17 of the 24 players in attendence...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carbonribs. Show carbonribs's posts

Re: SEGUIN'S OFF-SEASON

In Response to SEGUIN'S OFF-SEASON:
    [QUOTE]Development camp is officially underway.  All draftees from the past few years including this year are in attendence.  Tyler Seguin is also participating.  While all the other cup winners are off enjoying their off-seasons, he is at camp busting his balls.  And if you are keeping up with the Bruins blog, you've heard that he is younger than 17 of the 24 players in attendence...
    Posted by chubs737[/QUOTE]

He's busting his balls, because he almost has to. The rest of the team kind of doesn't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: SEGUIN'S OFF-SEASON:
    [QUOTE]In Response to SEGUIN'S OFF-SEASON : He's busting his balls, because he almost has to. The rest of the team kind of doesn't.
    Posted by carbonribs[/QUOTE]

o yah?

Say whatever you want, this kid is dedicated.

"Almost" has to?

Hm.

Is Caron there?
    Is Max Sauve there?

If anything, those 2 guys have more to prove than Seguin.

And let me remind you about the Kessel guy, remember him?  CJ says the weight room is that way and Phil says yah right and heads for the parking lot.

As a fan I feel good that at least one player is also busting balls working hard to earn the cash that I bust my balls for.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Great response to a goofy comment...the only thing I would like to be sure of is that the kid takes a couple of weeks of to R&R...I'd hate to see him over do it and burn out early again. It is a looong season.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEGUIN'S OFF-SEASON : o yah? Say whatever you want, this kid is dedicated. "Almost" has to? Hm. Is Caron there? Is Max Sauve there? If anything, those 2 guys have more to prove than Seguin. And let me remind you about the Kessel guy, remember him?  CJ says the weight room is that way and Phil says yah right and heads for the parking lot. As a fan I feel good that at least one player is also busting balls working hard to earn the cash that I bust my balls for.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

[QUOTE]Great response to a goofy comment...the only thing I would like to be sure of is that the kid takes a couple of weeks of to R&R...I'd hate to see him over do it and burn out early again. It is a looong season. In Response to Re: SEGUIN'S OFF-SEASON :
    Posted by TomOBrien[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I am sure he did have a couple of weeks off.  I would rather have a kid err on the side of working too hard anyway.  It shows his dedication to getting stronger in order to become a better and more consistent player.   As far as burn-out he now has the experience of going through the longest NHL season possible, so I think he will have a better idea how to manage it.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Once again Chiarelli's comment on " character" are on full display. I'm not sure how well Sweeney's camp focus on strength as well as conditioning. One serious alternative would be Gary Robert's training and development program where Stamkos added weight and strength. I'm sure the program can be replicated and incorporated into the Bruins training , but, strength and conditioning coaches are just as stubborn as Claude. Anyone have any insight?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

This kind of commitment by Seguin gives me the feeling we'll see more than just flashes of his skills, hopefully on a more consistent basis in 11/12.  Clearly, he's not resting on his laurels.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

When I saw the pictures, I just saw an 18 year old kid, having fun with some other young adults.  I doubt it is often that Seguin just gets to chill with his peers, like I did back in the day with my College pals.  I don't doubt that he is working hard as well, but I think in this instance he was just being a kid hanging with his boys.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: SEGUIN'S OFF-SEASON:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEGUIN'S OFF-SEASON : ? Hm. Is Caron there? Is Max Sauve there? If anything, those 2 guys have more to prove than Seguin. Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Good points Habitude but I saw Max and Jordan at the Monte-Carlo in France getting there reps in at the hotel gym so ease up Dad Tongue out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I've said before that Seguin with 10-20 more pounds of muscle while not losing any speed/flexibility will be a huge force... looks like he thinks he can do it too. GREAT!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I am sure he did have a couple of weeks off.  I would rather have a kid err on the side of working too hard anyway.  It shows his dedication to getting stronger in order to become a better and more consistent player.   As far as burn-out he now has the experience of going through the longest NHL season possible, so I think he will have a better idea how to manage it.  
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]
    Great points Hunt. Starting a season in Europe and finishing on the absolute latest day a season can end has given Seguin some early insight into what it takes to truly finish a season in the NHL. I've no fears of him burning out. He's still a kid that's running on adrenaline and a burning desire to be the best. Works for me. I'm generally not one for predictions but I'm personally expecting 60 points from Seguin this year. 80 or more wouldn't shock me though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Is Phil Kessel there?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]When I saw the pictures, I just saw an 18 year old kid, having fun with some other young adults.  I doubt it is often that Seguin just gets to chill with his peers, like I did back in the day with my College pals.  I don't doubt that he is working hard as well, but I think in this instance he was just being a kid hanging with his boys.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

Which is a positive thing too if it is with future teammates.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEGUIN'S OFF-SEASON : Great points Hunt. Starting a season in Europe and finishing on the absolute latest day a season can end has given Seguin some early insight into what it takes to truly finish a season in the NHL. I've no fears of him burning out. He's still a kid that's running on adrenaline and a burning desire to be the best. Works for me. I'm generally not one for predictions but I'm personally expecting 60 points from Seguin this year. 80 or more wouldn't shock me though.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I think 60 is a safe bet Dez and is not getting too optimistic.  Like you I am holding out some hope that he might get to 80.  That would be sweet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carbonribs. Show carbonribs's posts

Gee, you guys are a little sensitive. Jump all over me because I have an opinion, and a correct one at that? What did I say that was bad about Seguin? Nothing. I like the kid a lot, and stuck by him all year when he wasn't producing like all you guys hyped him up to do. People here ripped apart an 19 year old kid because he didn't score 30 goals this year. only because he was a part of a Cup winning team did he get any slack from you guys. But I believed in him all year, adn will continue too. The reason i said he has to bust his balls is because fans will be all over him this year if he doesn;t produce big points again this coming season.

So be a bunch of hypocrites, i don't care. i'll make my accurate comments, and continue seeing you guys post crap. Thats the one reason i was always hesitant to start posting here, because what i've read here over the years is a bunch of fair-weather, extremely sensitive commenters. probably the reason i won't continue to post here, and get a bunch of un-educated responses. I can't wait to ripped by all you know-it-alls for this comment though. Should be entertaining.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carbonribs. Show carbonribs's posts

[QUOTE]Great response to a goofy comment...the only thing I would like to be sure of is that the kid takes a couple of weeks of to R&R...I'd hate to see him over do it and burn out early again. It is a looong season. In Response to Re: SEGUIN'S OFF-SEASON :
    Posted by TomOBrien[/QUOTE]

"goofy comment"? Right. Accurate comment, more like. "great response"? Yeah, right. More like someone coming up with a completely unnecessary comment that really added nothing worth reading, like most comments here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Gee, you guys are a little sensitive. Jump all over me because I have an opinion, and a correct one at that? What did I say that was bad about Seguin? Nothing. I like the kid a lot, and stuck by him all year when he wasn't producing like all you guys hyped him up to do. People here ripped apart an 19 year old kid because he didn't score 30 goals this year. only because he was a part of a Cup winning team did he get any slack from you guys. But I believed in him all year, adn will continue too. The reason i said he has to bust his balls is because fans will be all over him this year if he doesn;t produce big points again this coming season. So be a bunch of hypocrites, i don't care. i'll make my accurate comments, and continue seeing you guys post crap. Thats the one reason i was always hesitant to start posting here, because what i've read here over the years is a bunch of fair-weather, extremely sensitive commenters. probably the reason i won't continue to post here, and get a bunch of un-educated responses. I can't wait to ripped by all you know-it-alls for this comment though. Should be entertaining.
    Who are you talking to?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEGUIN'S OFF-SEASON : Who are you talking to?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

lol, agreed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Gee, you guys are a little sensitive. Jump all over me because I have an opinion, and a correct one at that? What did I say that was bad about Seguin? Nothing. I like the kid a lot, and stuck by him all year when he wasn't producing like all you guys hyped him up to do. People here ripped apart an 19 year old kid because he didn't score 30 goals this year. only because he was a part of a Cup winning team did he get any slack from you guys. But I believed in him all year, adn will continue too. The reason i said he has to bust his balls is because fans will be all over him this year if he doesn;t produce big points again this coming season. So be a bunch of hypocrites, i don't care. i'll make my accurate comments, and continue seeing you guys post crap. Thats the one reason i was always hesitant to start posting here, because what i've read here over the years is a bunch of fair-weather, extremely sensitive commenters. probably the reason i won't continue to post here, and get a bunch of un-educated responses. I can't wait to ripped by all you know-it-alls for this comment though. Should be entertaining.

Chill brother, it's just hockey talk.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Now, I will say, I misread the first post. Just came back from Boston, a bit jet-lagged. I don't have a clue who you are and all six of your posts, but I did not intend on hurting your feelings. I sincerely apologize if I did hurt you in some way. Do you feel better now?
    This IS a hockey forum, isn't it? We are allowed discourse?
    I have never heard of you...have you changed your sig from some other one? Regardless, I intended no disrespect. Come to think of it, I don't think my reply was even directed to you.
    Since you're here, please illuminate us with your vast wealth of hockey accuracies. I am waiting with baited breath.
    The thrust of my message was more out of concern for a young man who is still physically growing. He is prone to Over-Use Syndrome. Not allowing time for the inflammatory processes in the body to "calm down", he could be ripe for injury in the future. I apologize for not stating this at the time.
    Doc
    Overuse syndromes, also called cumulative trauma disorder (CTD) or repetitive strain injury (RSI), are conditions characterized by chronic irritation to a body part. Many conditions fall under the category of overuse syndromes inlcuding knees and hips...A young player sometimes has to be forced to rest to protect him from himself.
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEGUIN'S OFF-SEASON : "goofy comment"? Right. Accurate comment, more like. "great response"? Yeah, right. More like someone coming up with a completely unnecessary comment that really added nothing worth reading, like most comments here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to SEGUIN'S OFF-SEASON:
    [QUOTE]Development camp is officially underway.  All draftees from the past few years including this year are in attendence.  Tyler Seguin is also participating.  While all the other cup winners are off enjoying their off-seasons, he is at camp busting his balls.  And if you are keeping up with the Bruins blog, you've heard that he is younger than 17 of the 24 players in attendence...
    Posted by chubs737[/QUOTE]

Just FYI, Seguin is at camp, but is not participating in on-ice drills. I was at camp today and didn't see him, but he was at their post-workout cooking class, per tweets from Bish, and also participated in yesterday's paintball outing.  

"They just wanted me here to talk to the guys because I was kind of around their age, around the closest to their age, and just hang out with them and go through what they’re doing," said Seguin, the Bruins top pick in 2010 (second overall) who has a rookie posted a 11-11-22 line in 74 games for the Black & Gold. ".... [The Bruins wanted] to show that the Boston Bruins organization really is a big family and we’re definitely in winning spirits. And I wanted to show them the ropes," he said.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=568962

I'm sure he's working out, just as all of his teammates are, but he's not doing anything above and beyond. Nor should he be.

The Bruins players would naturally take a few weeks off to let their bodies rest and heal after a brutal playoff run, but you can be very certain that they're not going to be celebrating until the start of training camp.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

All you said was:

[QUOTE]He's busting his balls, because he almost has to. The rest of the team kind of doesn't.[/QUOTE]

You waited years and that's all you bring?

For the record, the majority of people who slammed Seguin here were dimwit Kessel-ites and trolls.  But, you already knew that, right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to SEGUIN'S OFF-SEASON : Just FYI, Seguin is at camp, but is not participating in on-ice drills. I was at camp today and didn't see him, but he was at their post-workout cooking class, per tweets from Bish, and also participated in yesterday's paintball outing.   "They just wanted me here to talk to the guys because I was kind of around their age, around the closest to their age, and just hang out with them and go through what they’re doing," said Seguin, the Bruins top pick in 2010 (second overall) who has a rookie posted a 11-11-22 line in 74 games for the Black & Gold. ".... [The Bruins wanted] to show that the Boston Bruins organization really is a big family and we’re definitely in winning spirits. And I wanted to show them the ropes," he said. http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=568962 I'm sure he's working out, just as all of his teammates are, but he's not doing anything above and beyond. Nor should he be. The Bruins players would naturally take a few weeks off to let their bodies rest and heal after a brutal playoff run, but you can be very certain that they're not going to be celebrating until the start of training camp.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]
    Duinne, a belated congrats on your favourite team winning the Cup. I'm glad we were all finally able to witness something that in hindsight, was almost magical. Hope your summer continues to bring happiness, Cheers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]blah blah blah

You can gather all of your hockey friends and I'll bring a few guys from here, and I would bet $100 to $1 that your gang wouldn't or understand 1/100th of mine.

Your team:  You, four friends

My team:  Me, Shupe, Dez, SanDog, Fletcher