Seguins OT Goal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Seguins OT Goal

With a nice pas from Lucic he was in alone on Holtby.
    A lot of players would panic and shoot right away and claim they were going five hole. He put a move and fake on, held the puck and went around the goalie.
    In that situation that showed the potential this guy has. Not many players can make that play!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: Seguins OT Goal

i liked what he said in his postgame interview, he ripped a shot off holtby's head to get a rebound. lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I don't mean to rain on the parade but...there are dozens of guys in the NHL that can make that play.  Actually, it was Seguin's speed which made the play.  By the time Wideman realized he'd cheated too far to Looch, Seguin was way past him, and had too much speed for Holtby to move with him.  Similar to the goal against Tampa last year when he shifted left on Roloson and had so much speed going Roloson couldn't move laterally fast enough.  Good for him though, he looked like a cool veteran on the goal.  This will give him more confidence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Scooter, I didn't claim he is the only guy in the NHL who can make that play.Yes his speed got him in the clear.
     But how many players just shoot and hope?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Seguins OT Goal:
    Scooter, I didn't claim he is the only guy in the NHL who can make that play.Yes his speed got him in the clear.  But how many players just shoot and hope?
    Posted by Canadianfan6

Too many.  You're right, it does show he's a skill guy.  Dan Paille is a good example.  He's had a few clear breaks on goal and he shoots and hopes.  Scoring is not his game. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

Doc and Eddie have certainly been building up the pressure on this kid.  I was thinking Krejci was the one who really needed to get something going...  They've also been tough on Lucic considering he has set up more opportunities than the subject one.  I miss Brick and Jack here in Omaha.  I guess I could wait for the replays when the B's aren't on NBC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

IMO Seguin had it all click on that play, using his plus speed and then making a very crafty bit a decoy on the goal and then buried it on the angle. Good patience.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The guy is a gambreaker and has an excellent mix of skill and speed. Once he becomes more consistent then he will truly come into his own. I look forward to seeing many like those in the future.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

This is what really happened ... Holtby saw Seguin crossing, said to himself, My D's got him, who's that? Wideman? Crrrap ... let me go get him ... crap, he's fast, what do I do .. HEEEEEEEEEEELLP!!! Too late!!

Damn you WIDEMANNNNNNNNN!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

The guy is a gambreaker and has an excellent mix of skill and speed. Once he becomes more consistent then he will truly come into his own. I look forward to seeing many like those in the future.
    Posted by jmwalters

Yup, Seguin (getting feeds from the OHL Defenseman of the Year, Dougie Hamilton) will become a truly elite player. Since he plays a complete game already, it is just a matter of him upping the point totals a little and there you go. A True #1 Centerman. Thanks again Brian.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by jmwalters

That's what I'm expecting of the kid. He can decide the outcome of these tight games with one shot.  Caps have 2 of those. Bruins just have a better D.

The OP said " A lot of players would panic and shoot right away" ..... welll Seguin was snake bitten and didn't have the confidence on earlier chances so yes even Seguin shot right away on another opportunity.
    What makes him great is his adjustment.  
    Loved that head fake that froze Holtby !  Next time around Holtby is the one that'll be guessing. TAKE THAT CBC !

Can you believe CBC showed him before the game squirting water in the air from the water bottle saying that is how he adjusts his vision to get ready for a game!?! So what ???
    OMG I've heard it all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

ricky, a 19/20 year old lead the league in +/-, while leading the defending champs in scoring. If he can do that, he doesn't have to be physical.

I'm certain that our Selke finalist (and favorite) doesn't lay anyone out, either. Defensive play in the 21st century isn't as much about hitting as much as it's about positioning, stickwork, and speed.

Yes, Seguin is on a fasttrack to being an elite 2 way forward.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and what about on that early chance he got in the 1st period, backhand into the glove of Holtby,  why did Greene go after him ? 
    Seguin didn't touch Holtby and went straight into the boards.  Greene is the one that went into Seguin.  Why do he shove and try to punch Seguin ?
    Is Greene for real ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

and what about on that early chance he got in the 1st period, backhand into the glove of Holtby,  why did Greene go after him ?  Seguin didn't touch Holtby and went straight into the boards.  Greene is the one that went into Seguin.  Why do he shove and try to punch Seguin ? Is Greene for real ?
    Posted by BsLegion

I will give my take on this one. Green is a solidly built guy but always known for playing soft, especially in the playoffs. Since he is no longer putting up the points he is trying to please his coach by playing it tough. Of course, this is not really his game so he has to be the tough guy with non-tough players like Seguin. No way he pulls any crap with the likes of Lucic. By the way, Alzner has been pretty quiet lately.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Seguins OT Goal : not a physical one.
    Posted by ricky12684

Seguin doesn't need to play physical. The B's have plenty of guys who can go out and bang people around. Seguin should be focusing on setting up and scoring more than hitting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Seguins OT Goal : Seguin doesn't need to play physical. The B's have plenty of guys who can go out and bang people around. Seguin should be focusing on setting up and scoring more than hitting.
    Posted by Bisson1

Although, especially yesterday, he went into dirty areas over and over again even though he got a lot of stick work done on him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

What I really liked about the play was his anticipation. If you watch the replay he starts skating hard soon as he saw Krecji knock the puck down. By the time Lucic got the puck he was going full out. Just a great read on the play and then a fantastic finish. Nice to see.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If this kid gets going, we will win on Wednesday. I could also see Rolston stepping up since he might be thinking this is his last playoff run.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

During the second intermission HNIC's Ron Maclean said four players wearing number 19 scored game-winning goals over the weekend: Toews, Hartnell, Spezza and Seguin.  Destiny.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

In Response to Re: Seguins OT Goal : I will give my take on this one. Green is a solidly built guy but always known for playing soft, especially in the playoffs. Since he is no longer putting up the points he is trying to please his coach by playing it tough. Of course, this is not really his game so he has to be the tough guy with non-tough players like Seguin. No way he pulls any crap with the likes of Lucic. By the way, Alzner has been pretty quiet lately.
    Posted by jmwalters

So true, JM, so true. Green is far too much of a pansy to pull that crap with someone like Lucic. Green is a tough man with a 20 year old kid who doesn't fight. I would like to see Green get his a s s handed to him next year by a Bruin. Game 7 is too important to be taking penalties unnecessarily, so it will have to wait until next year, but I hope a Bruin beats Green's pansy-a.ss senseless next season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I agree about the read on the play.  Like coaches want you to do, "visualize" the play.  Seems like he had that goal scord from the instant he saw the turnover at center ice.

And can he fake a shot!  It's like his body turns to rubber as he skates in on the goalie, with parts moving everywhere.  Then he gives a subtle fake -- not a big one, but a twitch with his shoulder -- and the goalie is toast.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The goal kind of reminded me of many scored in the 70's. The player is wide open, waits out a challenging goalie, and pops it in the open net. Nice.

Sections
Shortcuts